Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Sotto #2543240 02/28/15 11:04 AM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks again ladies. I'm not sure anyone can talk sense into W. She appears set on her path and I think time is the only healer for her. MLC or OM or whatever the issue W seems resolute. Meant to post yesterday that SIL luggage was left behind at Exeter airport and she is on medication for a thyroid issue. Bags were supposed to be delivered to my house ( ? ) last night but never the ex up. I'm had to sweet talk my chemist this morning and got her two tabs I'm a Mr fixit by nature but I think it's ok re DBIng because it's for SIL and she needed them.

Hi Toots yes lady friend has invited my to pictures tomorrow and I think I'll go it's a bit of GAL and will get me out without kids.

Thanks again to you all. My take care. RD

rd500 #2543296 02/28/15 04:22 PM
S
S
Originally Posted By: rd500

Hi Toots yes lady friend has invited my to pictures tomorrow and I think I'll go it's a bit of GAL and will get me out without kids.

Yes! That's it, RD. Fun with the kids, fun without them just for RD. Good job.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
SunnyB #2543398 02/28/15 11:23 PM
V
V
At long last GAL!

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. No gal in the end Just a quiet day cleaning and cooking. D's a little sad after SIL went home but not to bad. SIL and W came home yesterday and made lunch. I stayed for about two hours then made my excuses , said goodbye to SIL and went for a drive. Felt really awkward around W when SIL was here W seemed very ill at ease SIL was great to be around , just a really nice person and great company. It makes you realise that there are other people out there who could make me feel good again and content Gone about two hours and SIL called from W"s phone to say thanks for everything and she had done the carrots for tea ! Got a text from W today to thank me for looking after SIL and no other contact. Bit unusual for a Sunday as she normally would call at least twice

I hope SIL was able to advise W on her life and how to proceed it I doubt if I will ever know

Quite down today and lonely. Poor Rd

Take care all. Rd

rd500 #2543889 03/02/15 11:40 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. Just an update. W called today to ask if I need any housework done We had a quick chat but normal stuff. Collect S20'and D14 on the way home and W was still here. I had stripped D"s beds this morning and W was putting on fresh sheets. W asked for a hand and we chatted about her work. W thanked me for dinner and got ready to go. I walked her out and D10 opened window to remind W that she never said goodbye. W seemed tomrush off after this. I then got a text from SIL to thank me for hospitality and how much she enjoyed seeing kids. SIL also told me that she was proud of the job I was doing and impressed how the kids were being looked after We texted back and forth for a while and have agreed to talk soon.

As time passes I still want M but the reality is W does not. I believe that if W keeps her life apart from ours re OM we can get through this and kids and I can rebuild

One small thing , W had her rings on today Normally wears them on left hand these days but today back on correct finger. Probably just to make me wonder.

I do realise I'm posting alot about W but it helps me.

Take care all. , Rd

rd500 #2544001 03/03/15 12:53 PM
A
A
rd, you are doing so well! And everyone can see it. Your W is a fool. What amazes me is how patient you are and how you would still be willing to save the M if your wife "wakes up." You are a model of perseverance. But it's also refreshing to hear you say that you will be okay on your own if she doesn't come to that realization. Because it's true. Your kids and SIL and everyone else sees what an amazing person you are, and they see how lost your W is. You have done an incredible job of keeping your kids as stable and cared for as possible during this difficult time. If only all men were like you!

M: 43 H: 39
D: 14
Married 15 Together 16
BD: 6/2014
S: 8/2014
OW revealed 10/2014
Instigated dissolution 12/2014, in progress
So over it!
Ahoy #2544007 03/03/15 01:03 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
thanks very much Ahoy. I think your too kind but it's still nice to hear !

I believe alot of thanks goes to my L/C, she takes the things I say and turns them around from such a different perspective that it really makes me think. L/C is big on just being the best person you can be and letting all else go. I think it helps in my sitch that I have my 4 kids with me 24/7 as it lets me see whats important. W is gone and I do think she is somewhat lost but I also think she has just become a different person. If someone had told me two years ago that W would leave her kids I would have bet my life she wouldn't. I do think OM is a huge draw but I struggle to see how he's more of a draw than her kids.

L/C believes that W is suffering from stress and maybe an MLC but who really knows ?

thanks again and take care, Rd

Ahoy #2544058 03/03/15 03:51 PM
S
S
Originally Posted By: Ahoy
rd, you are doing so well! And everyone can see it. Your W is a fool. What amazes me is how patient you are and how you would still be willing to save the M if your wife "wakes up." You are a model of perseverance. But it's also refreshing to hear you say that you will be okay on your own if she doesn't come to that realization. Because it's true.

This is great ^^^

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
SunnyB #2544337 03/04/15 12:47 AM
V
V
RD

You can add me to the vote of confidence too. I am a founder member of the RD fan club!

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks Toots and Vanillia You are very kind and your support and advice means a great deal to me. Take care. Rd

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard