Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
C
C
GB ... just the way you write .. cracks me up. 17 layers of yum? Oh my.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Joe (you made me laugh!), my girl Mighty, and my boy Cali. It's always great to have you guys pop by. Next time bring cookies.

Just thinking out loud....I read on threads where people "can't wait to date" or say "they envision their next R" and I don't do that. I am going to sound ridiculously full of myself for a minute so feel free to throw shade. I am intelligent, funny, successful, society tells me I'm pretty, and a devoted mother and friend. I have tons of male friends I enjoy being around. I'm a gosh darn good catch. However, (and I think this is a good thing for the time being)I don't think much about what my future R will look like. As Job frequently points out, I assume I may meet someone when I least expect it and right now, I'm just enjoying my life. And for the first time in my life, I'm okay being single. I kind of like it. I'm sure I will want something one day and right now I'm fine. I do like the attention I get from guys, however, I don't "crave" it or feel I "must" have it like I have in the past. Not sure if that makes sense.

Perhaps it's because I only have a few female friends and one that I referenced earlier is looking for "the one." Nothing wrong with that. It's just interesting to watch. She has goals and a timeline and well....I just watch. I still have things to work on and I'm certainly not for everyone. However, that's okay too. Some days I can't imagine myself in another R and I don't mean that in a defeatist way. It's just difficult for me to imagine. Does anyone else ever feel that way?

I have a funny story to share soon about a friend of one of my guy friends. I think you guys will enjoy that one.

My brother and niece visit this weekend. They are helping me with some projects and we will have some laughs.

I read some threads and my heart breaks for the newbies. It does get better. Yes, you have to walk thru the caca (just make sure you don't wear the good shoes) to get to the fun side.

Positive energy to all:)

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 07/08/15 01:55 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
B
B
Quote:
Some days I can't imagine myself in another R and I don't mean that in a defeatist way. It's just difficult for me to imagine. Does anyone else ever feel that way?

Oh yes, and the longer I am on my own the less I want anyone coming too close!! And that is a bit weird, but if I am happy what is wrong with weird?

J
J
Good morning Belle!! I am going to call you Belle now so we don't get the GB's confused!! smile Oh by the way, I brought chocolate chip cookies!! smile

Originally Posted By: Georgiabelle
As Job frequently points out, I assume I may meet someone when I least expect it

I believe this also. I met STBX online 15 years ago when I was working a ranch job. I believed I was going to live my life as a lonely cowboy and BAM, we started chatting. Although it did not work out, I have 3 wonderful stepkids and 2 wonderful kids and good memories!

Some days I can't imagine myself in another R and I don't mean that in a defeatist way. It's just difficult for me to imagine. Does anyone else ever feel that way?

I also feel this way. I have my days when I do think about what it might be like. But mostly I don't dwell on it. It will happen when it is the right time and the right person. Also, right now being single is safe. We have been hurt by our spouses. Takes time to get over that.

I am looking forward to your next story! You crack me up! I love your posts and the way you look at things!

Me:44
EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16
"It works if you work it!"

W
W
Bea,

I chuckled at your line about what's wrong with being weird. Good one!

GB,

I am waiting for that "good" story...does it involve Comic Marvel t-shirts??!! wink

Tell you what. The first five years after Ms. Wonka left, I just had no desire to date even if I wanted to...the energy and all that was something that I was not up to at all. You're just fine, m'dear.

C
C
GB

Eventhough my "Days of our Live's" episode took a serious plot twist I totally get where you are at.

I dipped a pinkie toe in the online date scene ... went out with a couple of gals ... after weeding out 100's of terrifying cat-lady types. I did this I think just to try to sort myself at first, but quickly realized ... nope, doing my thing. There was a sense of freedom about it, and I was completely cool with being single and working on me. I do not think there is one ounce wrong with that, I actually think you are in a healthier spot than one who would remotely have a timeline for 'the one' and when they should show up.

Looking forward to the story as you have a gift in this area.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

B
B
GB, I do feel the same, and not just some days, most of the days. I like to be single too. I think it was easier to get into another R when I was young, after my first D. When you invest so many years into your M, it is just not easy to connect with somebody else on the same level. Only MLCers can get themselves into another R so quickly. But we all know that it is an illusion. Sometimes I do envy the people who can dust themselves up and get into another R fast. But… it is not who I am.

GB, I love reading your posts. I wish I could have more time and skill (writing is not that easy and fast for me) to respond.

Originally Posted By: Wonka
Tell you what. The first five years after Ms. Wonka left, I just had no desire to date even if I wanted to...the energy and all that was something that I was not up to at all.
Wonka, I have a couple more years to go until I can question myself on this, LOL.

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
J
J
Well put Bright! I also think it says alot about a person who does not jump right into a new relationship. To me it says several things. Like Wonka said, we are emotionally tied to that R and that person. It takes time to get over that. The people that jump right in NEED someone else to make them feel better. They NEED that high. They also are scared to be alone. I also feel it shows your true colors to jump right in or have an affair. It means that person must not have cared for, loved me or respected me like I thought they did. So that person is not right for ME.

Not jumping in gives me time to heal. I also can work on the things I need to change from my previous M/R. I have kids and stepkids. That is extra baggage that I will be bringing into a new R. The new person I start getting involved with will have to deal with my kids, they don't need to deal with my problems from my previous M. Or any lingering feelings. But we are all human and I get lonely sometimes also!! But I have 2 dogs!!! I would be glad to give one away to whoever wants a companion!! She is an idiot!! STBX brought her home one day!!! ENOUGH SAID!!! smile

Me:44
EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16
"It works if you work it!"

G
G
Originally Posted By: beatrice
Quote:

Oh yes, and the longer I am on my own the less I want anyone coming too close!! And that is a bit weird, but if I am happy what is wrong with weird?

This was me, and I'm finding it hard to let go of the alone stuff for the bf. While I want him around its a I was really used to being my own boss and just me to consider.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
G
OP Offline
G
Thank you to my posse of peeps for stopping by (Bea, Joe, Wonka (it is actually not Marvel related), Cali, BF (you've got this BF:), and GG (I love Aussie accents). I love hearing from you all. Makes me feel less weird. Although, weird can be good, Bea. Remember that! I discovered Gary Poppins popcorn and let me tell you that quirky brand names and jalapeno/cheddar popcorn are a delightful combo.

I do appreciate everyone sharing their feelings on Rs. It really is beneficial to know I am not alone in my thinking. BF, I do also sometimes feel the tiniest bit of envy (turning me slightly green but not Kermit the Frog green), and I just know that I'm not. that. person. just. not. And that's okay. I think some people have a difficult time dealing with the pain so they mosey on to the next person. Not passing judgement, however, it is just an observation.

Brother and nieces visited this weekend. Quiz time! How many people does it take to install a light fixture? Apparently, 5 and 4 trips to Walmart. Zing. I appreciate their help. They are coming back to help with a couple of projects. We had fun!

X Mr. GB is leaving for vacay today (buh-bye). His mother said she hopes he gets a sunburn. Booya!! We don't mess around with our humor. I kid. His mother loves him dearly and is understandably hurt by his actions towards her. Me and the hobgoblins leave for vacay on Friday with his parents. Hopefully, we won't be on "Dateline" or a Lifetime movie in the making.

I'm going to sound insane for a moment. Good googly...I just love the dudes. I'm doing fairly well with the avoiding the hot stoves for me...However, some days I get a bit antsy. It helps and hurts to have a gaggle of guy friends. Sometimes it is a catch 22. I am going to regret typing this I bet, but some days I think I am the shizzle. I haven't felt like this in years. Long ago, I had an audition to be a "girl" on a once very popular game show. I don't look the way I did then, but some days I feel like I have so much swag. Why???? I'm 42 year old divorcee with a 3 section tummy and lots of baggage. However, my confidence is through the roof. Am I hexing myself?

Anyone else feel super kicky? Am I just crazy? Delusional? Hormonal? I don't want to sound arrogant (why would I be???I couldn't even keep a booty call with a playa) because I have quite the list of flaws although I feel okay with all of it. And I still have some caca to work through. Do I have false bravado? Is this faking it until you make it? I don't want to be that desperate, pathetic woman dressing in clothes from "Justice". (Relax, everyone. I don't do that.)

I don't think I have ever felt this way before.I'm sure it is fleeting.... I can't explain it. Argh!! Maybe it is good?

Love to you all. XO

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 07/14/15 02:25 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard