Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
M
Right... Unwind. Case in point. Or typo... Laziness... Blonde moment... Bad speller... Cell phone.. Whatev!

B
OP Offline
B
And a couple of glasses of wine! This never fails. Because with wine I don't even care about spelling... Or, is it smelling? LOL!

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
B
OP Offline
B
Arrived at the vacation home place yesterday. Staying at the place that my friends arranged for me. When we were following my mutual friend to that place yesterday, guess who was driving in the opposite direction at the same time. H drove by and stuck his arm all the way out of the car window to wave at us. I waved back.

This place is a one room with a bathroom and a small kitchen area. Everything is so small, I had trouble to arrange my toiletries in the bathroom. The kitchen has minimum stuff. I could not find a skillet this morning, so had to bake my egg in the toaster oven. Now trying to get the tray cleaned with just water and paper towel. The good thing is I have a TV with lots of channels and also Internet.

My GF got her water problem fixed yesterday, so I could stay with her. But I decided to stay here. I need some time on my own.

We went for dinner last night with our mutual friend. Her H is sick, so he stayed home. Not sure what is going to happen today. I found out that the rest of my (and H’s) friends who are here for the golf tournament are just the guys. They wives didn’t come. So, there will be no get together events and I probably will not see H at all.

job Offline
Glad to read you arrived safe and sound. Sounds like you "roughing" it while you are there. I have to hand it to you, I've never bake an egg before, but there's always a first time. This place is truly getting you to think outside the box. LOL!

Enjoy your time there even though the women didn't come along on this trip. I'm sure that you and your GF can find plenty to do and have some fun.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
OP Offline
B
Well, I was so wrong about nothing happening today… It was a very interesting afternoon and very weird night. I’ve seen H, and I’ve heard some pretty bizarre ch!t. Not sure what I feel right now… Part of me feels disgusted, part of me feels sorry for H. Don’t even know where to start. Plus, I’m very tired right now. Will see if I have energy and motivation to post all the details tomorrow…

L
L
Bright,

What did you learn? Don't leave us hanging!

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
job Offline
Bright,
I'm sorry if you learned some things that didn't sit well w/you. This trip was an eye opening experience for you. I'm so sorry you had to either see or hear some things that disgusted you.

Digest what you've seen/heard and if you want to talk about it, we are hear to listen. Yes, you can feel disgusted by what he's been up to and yet, you have to feel sorry for him because he's lost a lot along the way and making a possible fool of himself.

Please take care of yourself and travel safely.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
L
I hope your OK Bright. I know how hard it is to learn about their "life," if you can call it that. Take care of yourself.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
D
D
Big hug as it is difficult to hear information which provides us with a revised history of someone or an event. Stay strong. Digest, but remember there is a brighter tomorrow.

H: 48 Me: 47
Married: 19 yrs T: 20 yrs
2 teen-Ds and S
H-MLC (started 2012) and H-Unemployed (11/2014)
D-Bomb: 2/2015
H left country but hasn't moved out: 7/2015
I filed: 7/2015

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks everyone. I’m OK. Really. I’m enjoying myself and having fun. What I’ve learnt so far is nothing new that I should not “expect” at this point. Couple of things raised my eyebrows, but I had no emotional reaction to this.

I will try to post the details as much as make sense.

So, yesterday was a big golf day. I picked up my GF from her house and we went to the pavilion on the golf course. We had a few drinks, but nothing was going on until about 4 pm. Then all golfers started to come in. I saw a few friends and went to say hi. They invited us to the table, introduced me and my GF to everybody. Then more people showed up. All my male friends were happy to see me. Needless to say that they all had a few drinks by that time. They were making a jokes about another guy who was about to show up. He was my golf partner about 1 1/5 years ago when we golfed with one of the friends and his wife. This guy is way older than I am. He told me last time that he is too old for me, otherwise he would be hitting on me because I was very nice and easy going.

So, my friends were joking that my “boyfriend” was going to show up and what I should do and say. It was all silly stuff, we were laughing and having a good time.

Then I noticed that H showed up and was kind of hanging around by another table. I felt that he could not decide if he wanted to join our table or not. I guess I and my FG spoiled this for him, LOL. The older guy (“boyfriend’) was actually his partner in golf yesterday along with my other friend. So ironic. So, after some time H came in, tapped me on the back and said “well, hi there”, then he went to my GF and gave her a hug. Then he stood next to us for some time, then went back to another table. His other friends showed up, a couple who he became the best friends with. The woman is a wild one, especially when she drinks. She is one of his drunk buddies. And boy, she was drunk.

Her H came to our table to chat and said hi to me. He is always very friendly with me. His W never really talked to me much. Not this time… So, next thing I know this woman shows up at our table. She comes to me, gives me a hug and tells me that it is good to see me. WTF?????

One of the guys commented on her t-shirt and asked her if he could get one for his W. The t-shirt was from the races two months ago and had “Racing Boobs” slogan on it. She brought a t-shirt for the guy to purchase and then they were taking pictures of her. Then she took her t-shirt off and revealed a pink bra. Then she was posing for pictures with some guys.

Everybody was leaving to take showers and then go to town for some drinks and food. I and my GF were invited to join everybody later. And this point, it is only me, my GF and a couple other people left.
This woman hangs around and next thing I know she proceeds to tell us about the trip they took (with my H and groups of other drunks) to the South of Mexico.

And this is where it gets weird. She was mostly talking about her and my H, how they “got married” on the road and how they shared a room at the hotels because both of them were on the budget. She told us about how they went to the whale watching and how my H was taking a selfie with the whale and how they were jumping off the roof of the hotel to the swimming pool, and how it the best vacation.

I was listening to this with a face of an interested bystander. I was surprised how it didn’t stir any single emotion in me. Except it sounded really weird. Why was she telling us all that? I’m still puzzled, but I don’t have ANY feelings. My stomach didn’t turn, my heart was not racing like it would do before.

She asked us if we were going to join everybody in town. We said maybe, we would have to see. She said “I guess it is a big NO”. We kind of looked at each other and shrug our shoulders.

So, next part is in town – to follow. A lot to type. Hope to have not many spelling errors, LOL.

Going to take my dog to the beach. Then we have a party at one of the other friends’ house. H is expected to be there too.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard