Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
LoisB #2538326 02/14/15 02:23 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
And, still no support for Feb.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
LoisB #2538329 02/14/15 02:29 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
The enemy thrives off of my doubt, my fear and off of my anxiety. In order for him to hold me captive, he will make sure to have someone feed me criticism and stress. If he doesn't have anyone to feed me the criticism, he will have me feed it to myself.

Calming down.

I will respond to the email from my atty. I will ask for a bill showing how much I've paid and how much I owe.

I will let him know that I will be terminated from my job if I go to Ohio this week. I can supply a letter backing this up.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

LoisB #2538330 02/14/15 02:30 PM
job Offline
Send your lawyer an email this morning and advise him that because of the situation w/your job that you are not going to be there on Tuesday. How is the weather situation there? Still getting snow?

Also, advise him that you have not received a support payment for February. Are you suppose to receive them the 1st or the last of the month?

You may have to end up sending a SOS to your mom and borrowing some money to pay your bills, including your lawyer's.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
LoisB #2538331 02/14/15 02:31 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I will ask my atty for some idea of when I can expect support for February and the payment of the amount owed since September.

When I've asked this question, he says he doesn't know. Is this reasonable?

After all this is done, I will have Smokey castrated and tarred and feathered in the public square of our hometown. I will spray paint "Bastard" on his naked body.

LoisB #2538334 02/14/15 02:35 PM
job Offline
I would most certainly ask again and tell him that you can't pay him until you've received the support money. That you are in the hole in all areas of your life because you have been trying to pay child expenses on your salary and that your spouse hasn't coughed up his share of the child expenses for D12.

If he says he doesn't know, then tell him to find out. He should have some idea by now as to when you can expect some money to help support your child.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2538335 02/14/15 02:37 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Ok...

Sent this to atty:

I will NOT be in Ohio on Tuesday.

I was told last week that my job is on the line by the publisher of the company. I can provide documentation if necessary.

I have not received any support for Feb. I received $500 for Jan. on Feb. 4. At that point, my car payment was 3 months behind and I owe February rent along with late fees of $225 on rent.

I would like an itemized bill showing what I've paid in atty fees along with how much I still owe. I wish I could make a payment at this time. I can let you know what I'm able to do after I see what I've paid and what I owe.

LoisB #2538341 02/14/15 02:40 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I'm going to make sure the company is aware of this...I'm going to somehow send the human resources lady this info...She is really nice and has been through a divorce.

I won't dwell on it, but I want it documented that I'm still waiting on consistent support, have pressure to return to Ohio for mediation and hearings, struggling to pay bills, etc...

I've been digesting the meeting yesterday.

They really want me to succeed. I can see that. And, I think...no, I know...that had I told them all that's going on with support and needing help, etc...they would have risen to the occasion to help. I've been trying to go it alone.

Still, the words the publisher said when he vented are ringing in my ears.

LoisB #2538345 02/14/15 02:43 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I need to tune those words out. Focus. Heather. Focus.

I need to put this divorce b.s. on a back burner. It's consumed me again this past month with money worries and support issues and anger at the situation. I get off track...

LoisB #2538348 02/14/15 02:48 PM
job Offline
Actually, you should go thru your chain of command and cc the Human Resources lady. You should advise your boss that you are being put on the spot about returning to OH for mediation/hearings and that you are very much aware of the position that you are in at this time.

You do not need to share w/them about your bills and how late you are in paying them.

Yes, your fellow co-workers do want to see you succeed. As for the comments by the publisher, he doesn't sugar coat what is on his mind and that's why you need to find a way to put y our personal baggage to the side when you are on the job.

Now, I know you don't want to do this, but you need to contact your mother and see if she'll help you out w/bringing your payments up to date. You are going to lose the car if you are three months in owing on it. The late interest charges are eating your pay check up.

job #2538352 02/14/15 02:50 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
After Smokey made that last $500 payment...I caught up with two back car payments.

I put off rent to make the car payments.

I agree. I need to ask for help.

S.O.B.G.D.EFFFFF IT ALL...

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard