Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
S
S
Jim - say nothing sounds like a good policy for now - especially as you feel pretty angry about it. I feel it is usually a good policy to do nothing when my emotions are running high.

See how you feel in a few days...

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
V
V
Let it go Jim. Frankly it is between you and W.

My notes tell me that W wanted the resources for your children, perhaps in due course a savings plan for them?

If SIL is so rude as to return a gift then it is not worth a further thought. Thumb a nose, there SIL, irrelevant. Whoosh. V would detatch to let go of it. Why waste your precious spare energy on it?

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 02/06/15 01:47 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

G
G
What vanilla said its none of her bloody bussiness.

I would not give her air time, don't feed the troll! I would, be thinking of her as nasty troll complete with wooden bridge and goats.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
J
jim0987 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Troll is a good description.

I continue to be impressed by your notes vanilla, Thank you.

There was some money to do with the kids savings which is different (and was given to her as she asked). From my perspective the complaint is firstly untrue, legally incorrect and in all practical terms completely irrelevant.

I shoukd be used to it by now but the way my Wife's family are able to not even notice their double standards continues to irk me. I am irked.

I don't want to ignore the letter from SIL but recognise going there isn't going to go well so I think I will send a message which is just the first bit about being disappointed she returned the presents and wishing nephew and niece well. Not feeding the troll.

I do need to resist the urge to talk to my wife about it though

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
S
S
Morning Jim! Why not just do nothing for a bit longer.....you can be irked and just let it go you know.....you seem compelled to respond, contrary to advice - why is that?

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
G
G
Jim would you give a troll a stick to beat you bullets to shoot you with?

Um no James bond would look scathingly at her and walk away! Don't give her any power, if you say nothing you cannot be misquoted.

Seriously, it's a db principle.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
E
edz Offline
E
Jim remember my MIL interactions....

More I talked to her worse it got, last time I said fine I'll pay her invoice (tenancy end / cleaning) left it at that, she tried prodding me again when it wasnt soon enough and I didnt rise to it.

There are many. many, many regrets I'll have if my marriage ends but never, ever having to see MIl is not one of them.

Go watch Frozen with the kids again if you get my drift!

M:44, W:46, S:10
M 13 years, T 15
BD:23/7/2014
W/S Moved to MIL: 23/7/2014
My new place: 21/11/2014
W/S back to flat 22/11/2014
W coming closer, talking 4/2015
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
E
edz Offline
E
You ok Jim or out on a busy gal evening!

M 13 years, T 15
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
J
jim0987 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
No GAL this evening because i have the kids this weekend smile smile smile

I'm doing ok, bit up and down for a bunch of reasons.

Toots - just to quickly answer your question about feeling compelled to answer. Your right - I do, and at first i wasnt sure why but i've decided its an ego thing. I've talked about previously a sense of injustice that i want to rally against, but when it was coming from my wife i was ok to handle it (not at first but better now) because I know she is hurting and I can empathise with how she felt during the marriage - I saw it as part of her emotional defences.

SIL is different, and its really hard to explain why without being insulting or judgemental about her - which i recognise i am but lets just say I wont miss her. Her letter has really inflamed my sense of injustice like a red rag to a bull.

But best left alone i think and give it a week I'll likely forgotten

Otherwise a quick update on the land of Jim

So my car alternator died, which in turn killed the battery and meant on thursday i got into my car and was greeted with the inspriring sound of my car going COUGH COUGH WHINE...... NO frown

this has led to a silly expensive repair (which i can ill afford at the moment) and a few logistical difficulties. Car is still in the garage but I can get it tomorrow. I could have collected it tonight but Wife refused to delay the pickup time for me to collect the kids from her by an hour as she has a date tonight.

When i collected them (at orignally agreed time) she seemed really hacked off the whole 3 minutes i was there. clip answers, scowling, rushing us all out the door etc, wouldnt look at me (which is a shame because I was looking pretty darn good in a very well cut and fitted suit.)

I overstepped a boundary without realising which definitely annoyed W in that S1 ran off before I could get his coat on and I followed him into W's lounge to retrive him, and wife was cross about this - I guess because i intruded into her space. I need to be careful of not intruding in future.

Got the kids home and spent an hour or so just reading stories and D3 kept saying how she missed me and wished everyday was a 'daddy day'. she probably says the equivalent to W but i dont care its lovely to hear smile

Spent the last two days delivering a training course which went really well. 1 of the participants said it was the most worthwhile training course they had been on in 15 years so that felt good. Also its almost impossible to think about my situation when i'm doing that so again also good.

And just to round it off because it always entertains me - I got ID'd in the supermarket. The look I get when some asks if i'm over 18 and i produce ID that says i'm 34 is always priceless.

So a few dramas here and there but i'm doing pretty good really, just relaxing with a cup of tea, on the sofa in front of the fire.

Last edited by jim0987; 02/06/15 09:45 PM.

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
E
edz Offline
E
Tea or coffee in front of the fire now invest in crumpets and a toasting fork and you're in heaven!

Glad you're holding off mate, sorry to hear about the car reminds me of the wipers failing on my car not long after getting it doh! These things always come at the worst time, got the tax this month as well arghhh.

M 13 years, T 15
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard