Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I keep thinking how carefully I chose our song at our wedding. And, I wonder...what would be my divorce anthem?

Sympathy for the Devil?

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
B
B
Hey Heather I think your doing an amazing job.

I know how much it suck$ being a single parent and dealing with all the crap these a$$ throw at us. It is not fair.

But today we are blessed enough to have our beautiful children safe and mostly happy.

This whole divorce process has really made me a raging feminist. (And I know some men get screwed by the system too - I guess I really just think divorcing when you have kids at home is plain WRONG and f-ed up)

Anyway hang in there Heather. Glad you had fun dancing & working out with D12.

Don't let the ba$tards drag you down

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

L
L
How about "Back in Black" by ACDC?

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Well, we know it's not Big Balls...unless we were referring to mine.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

job Offline
Heather,
I'm glad you are feeling better today. You have so much to be thankful for and yes, you are living in a beautiful part of the country and you have begun a new life.

I seriously doubt that your FIL's career as a domestic relations judge had anything to do w/judge's ruling concerning spousal support. I think the judge that is overseeing your case, looked over the documents, saw what you are currently making, etc. and made his decision. However, I do think your FIL offered up some free advice to his son on what he needed to do in order to get moving on the divorce. I wouldn't have expected anything less, after all it is his son that is in this situation, regardless of what you told your FIL about his son's behavior, blood is always thicker than water.

Have you taken some time to meet your neighbors? Have you thought about joining an activity from the church? This could be something that you and your daughter could do together. It's time to check our your paper and see what's going on in the community that you both could participate in. I'm sure that they have activities that would be fun/educational for your D12.

You, and only you, have control over your life...don't give that control to anyone else and one more thing, stop providing head space to your H and in-laws rent free. They aren't worth the rent/space.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Heather I have been catching up on things. You have been dealing with a lot and it is difficult to imagine a future when we keep looking back. It is hard but being in a new town is a huge opportunity. A clean slate and the chance to be the person you've always wanted to be free from past labels and drama.

The more time he takes up in your head the less space you have for you and all the people you love.

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
The Detail-Oriented Editor hired my young cub reporter for another publication without telling me. Just got an email from the young kid.

B
B
That is a total BS move.

Says it all about the editor. Says it all.

This editor has never been about catching the details and being part of the team before the paper went to print.

He is a sneak and a jerk.

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

job Offline
Heather,
I'm sorry to read that the young reporter is going to be working on another publication. I'm sure the editor had his reasons for putting him there. Did you actually hire him or did the editor hire him after speaking to you?

I would continue to look for someone to hire. There are plenty of college students that will be or have graduated looking for jobs in the publishing field. Don't let this one hire get you down and don't take it personally.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job Offline
Heather,

I went back thru your postings and I did find one posting about this young man, fresh out of college, and you stated that you let the editor know that you had hired him. His comment was "I'd like to hire him". Evidently, the editor was impressed enough w/the young man and placed him where he not only will learn the ropes, but also can help the publication out in other areas. I'm not surprised by this turn of events. I've seen this happen quite often.

In the editor's own way, he's trying to make you a better employee. He knows you have the potential, but he hasn't quite figured out how to tap into that potential. A sneak? No. Maybe a jerk on some levels, but there is a method to his madness and the more I read about him the more I sense what he's trying to do. How can I say this? Because I've been both the employee who worked quickly and then had a lot of errors and also the supervisor and director of an organization whereby the shoe was on the other foot and had to figure out how to tap into employees' potential and get them to use that potential for the good of the organization as well as for themselves.

Heather, your editor knows you can do this job.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard