Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
V, snowed in!! Lucky you... everywhere seems to be getting snow but here and I want some!

Complex, thanks for posting that info, I read it and mulled it over for a couple of days.

Edz - mundanish day for me too - tho enjoyed volunteering this am. No cashing up tho - that only happens in the afternoon. But I did get to open the store today...Toots is a senior volunteer now!

No GALing or parent-sitting for me tonight. Worked until around 5, then went for a little walk, meditated and dinner is in the oven. Just having a little sherry whilst it cooks. New recipe tonight - sweet potato gratin with cream, lime, chilli, garlic and peanuts - we'll see how it works out. For any veggies out there, I'm pleased with my River Cottage Veg Everyday recipe book...from the charity bookstore of course!

All quiet on the H front. No texting or anything for over a week now. In a way it's peaceful for now. I know we are going to link soon on financials - and that may not be so peaceful - I should make the most of it.

Texted H's XW tonight to see if she and SS fancy a little visit over half term. Not sure what their plans are. They sometimes go away that break, so we'll see. Will be nice to see them if they're about.

That's about it from me for now.....:-)

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
J
J
Originally Posted By: Toots
Been working this morning, and lunch is on the go now. Bookstore volunteering this pm and mum-sitting after that. No response from the L yet.

Someone posted an interesting comment on their thread about emotional immaturity. I think most LBS's here on the forum develop greater emotional maturity, just to get through the crisis, and in our desire to save ourselves and if possible the M.

Since I read this comment (by complex?) I have been thinking about how emotionally immature my H has been - telling me by email about his A, telling others our R is over, but not me, not expressing his needs/concerns before walking away...

Is that a product of becoming a WAS, or possible MLC? Was he always that way? In any case, it does create a mismatch in that the LBS has moved forwards in EM and the WAS not so, or even moved backwards..

Just journaling what's been on my mind recently. Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

In my wife's case, she has definitely moved backward in emotional maturity. So she will have some catching up to do.

Glad we have no snow here!

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
J
J
There was the tiniest dusting of snow round here, maybe half a centimetre. bet we still had some people say they were snowed in though. I think i'm in a similar part of the UK to you Toots

congrats on the senior volunteer. its good your able to do so much good.

enjoy your peace (and sherry)

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
See, everyone gets snow apart from me! I'm in Staffordshire Jim. It's funny, before I moved back here, it seemed I was always talking to my Dad about big snowfalls here, when we didn't get any. Now I'm back here.....nothing....oh well, the winter isn't over just yet. Toots lives in hope!

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
J
J
you've got a snowdome in staffordshire, so you can always fake it.

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
E
edz Offline
E
All snow down here in Dorset melty away.......

M:44, W:46, S:10
M 13 years, T 15
BD:23/7/2014
W/S Moved to MIL: 23/7/2014
My new place: 21/11/2014
W/S back to flat 22/11/2014
W coming closer, talking 4/2015
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Having a slow start this morning. In bed with some toast and the ipad. Had a late call to M&D's last night. Dad was out and Mum's bed alarm went off - means she's up and about and someone needs to be there. Didn't get home until midnight, then hard to get off to sleep. Can't complain though. I've been 'on call' a few nights a week like this since I moved to the flat, and this is the first 'call out' I've had.

Going to call the L again today and make that appt. Feel I want to move forward with what I've started. I just want to get to a point of clarity on what I'm proposing to H. You know, I feel UK law doesn't really help those who want to S, but not D....but we'll just see how we get on.

Going to do some work today around a dentist appt later. Then yoga GAL tonight.
Have a good day everyone!

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

E
edz Offline
E
Hi Toots, dont get the toast and ipad mixed up or that dentist appointment may be a bit more than you expected wink

Slow starts, ahh remember those... with s at weekends and work nope not happening (well last week spent 48 hours pretty much in bed but was a sicky person - sympathy held up on queue cards in audience)

I know what you mean on UK law. We seem to have poor system all in to be honest. Its labyrinthine and at the same time seems to be very badly skewed to making money for legal professionals.

In some ways Im glad we dont have the 48 hour options some countries do but the pick one of the above options or 2/5 year wait system and, as you say, no legal options to stay married but separated dont really help anyone. Anyway I hope you feel more peaceful after speaking to the L post back here if we can help.

Enjoy Yoga, off swimming myself this evening hopefully I wont become an edzicle when I come back outside again!

M:44, W:46, S:10
M 13 years, T 15
BD:23/7/2014
W/S Moved to MIL: 23/7/2014
My new place: 21/11/2014
W/S back to flat 22/11/2014
W coming closer, talking 4/2015
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Had a good GAL day today after a slow start. I decided to join a female social and fundraising group. I think they are linked to round table in some way, but this has an upper age limit of 60. For those who have had contact with Round Table, Rotary etc...you'll appreciate the importance of this!

I emailed the contact and she came straight back, very friendly. I'm going out for dinner with them later this month. I also found a beginners Ceroc course in March that I'm going to book on, and I accepted a lunch invite (friend of M&D) on Sat.

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

O
O
That's brilliant toots. Glad your moving forward

Me:40 W:35
D:8
T:13 M:10
WAW: 7/14
PA Discovered: 1/15 at least 6 months
Moved out and moved on

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard