Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Bets, I was crushed the day D16 identified Mark Wahlberg as a good looking "middle aged man". Broke my heart. She still likes Johnny Depp, though, and doesn't add in an age qualifier.

Bdub, sorry about the drool. It's been a long 2 1/2 months.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
LOL, bdub!

Okay, here's a little secret. Although I can't speak for others here, I'm going to weigh in with the opinions of my inner chick circle - some married some not. All of them are 50+.

Those adjectives you listed? Individually mean nothing to me. Rich? Nope. I like a man who is willing to learn. College education implies this, but I'm willing to overlook that degree for someone who reads, is intelligent and absorbs knowledge. Getting down to brass tacks, I'd like for him to have a job or be in financial position to take care of himself and his obligations (if any). In short, we come to the table as partners and peers.

Talented? We all have talents. I don't have a thing for celebrities. I could definitely have the hots for a carpenter. Oh wait, I've already done that. LOL.

Successful? Well, yep. Successful at whatever his passion is. Not by my terms. See "support himself" above. wink

Ripped? Nah. I admire them because it's a lot of work to get a six pack. But I'll admit that I don't mind the battle scars of aging one bit. If he has a little ponch, I don't mind. That translates well to someone who will eat with me. And I love to cook for an appreciative audience.

Hair? No again. I totally dig a balding head. No combovers, though! See below for commentary on the combover.

Combovers are indicative of someone who just isn't happy being him. In a huge catchall nutshell? One word. Confidence. I totally have the hots for someone who exudes confidence. Not cockiness or conceit. Just a simple he shows up to a party, knows his own self worth, is kind to his mom and kitties but knows he's a man. One other thing: he better have a good sense of humor.

Nice to have? Okay, let's shoot for the moon here. I LOVE Irish men. Blue eyes, dark hair. Scots also welcome. LOVE. But I have no problem with gingers or blondes. Or grays. grin I'll add someone who likes to read and has a good or decent vocabulary. He also better like to travel.

And it goes without saying that anyone I'm gonna drool over for real is going to have to accept my special needs daughter. We're a package deal.

As my grandma used to say, "handsome is as handsome does". grin

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
rpp--HAHAHAHA! But... Marky Mark IS a middle aged man now. And Johnny Depp is only 2 years younger than I am. So, I guess that makes us... middle aged? cry

2 1/2 months? You'll have to read if you want to know how long it was for me. And I have no regrets either.

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Underdog
rpp--HAHAHAHA! But... Marky Mark IS a middle aged man now. And Johnny Depp is only 2 years younger than I am. So, I guess that makes us... middle aged? cry

I had "Marky Mark" typed out and changed it because I wasn't sure anyone else here would catch on. wink

It's looking like tomorrow is my last day at the office. Still working out details. H has been helpful in this whole process. And today he met a plumber at the house and he picked up D12 from school because I had a dr apt. He really is being a good friend right now.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I'm back for one last post tonight because I'd really like to tell my H goodnight. I sometimes have that urge when we've had a lot of contact in a day. But I won't do it. So I'll tell all of you instead. Goodnight.

M
M
Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.

And...

Sweet dreams.

wink

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
C
C
Goodnight!

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks ladies! I slept great until about 4.I do remember a dream nothing with any eye candy though.

I will check in later.

No dreams here, either. At least any that I remember. Plus I slept through my snooze alarm, so I think I was just plain tired. It's snowing outside and one of those days where you just want to crawl back into bed. Oh well.

Quote:
He really is being a good friend right now.

Good for you! Who couldn't use a good friend when you need one? Besides, if you're anything like me, if that had happened 6 months before, you'd have been lucky to get acknowledgement, let alone help. I'm glad that you have support, rpp. It really does go a long way in the grand scheme of things.

Good luck today at work. Just remember, your passion is through the next portal and awaits your ending here. Who couldn't be excited about that?

Albert Einstein
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I did have a dream last night. It involved the revelation that my house had a whole large room I previously had forgotten about. It included a luxurious bathroom, closets, and dressing area. Apparently H had decorated it all by himself, used it all the time, but I used another very small bathroom elsewhere in the house. It seems that it never occurred to H to ask me why I didn't use the larger nicer room. Hmmmmm.....that one's not all that hard to interpret, is it?

I have nothing to say today. Just wondering what I'll do with myself tomorrow instead of go to work. A year ago I thought I didn't want a job, and I had a list of things I wanted to focus on instead. I'll pull that list out and revise it a bit, take H off the list, add look for a job.

There are a couple of big universities in town, and a few smaller ones. IC thinks I should explore jobs there, because there would be so many people to meet. It's not a bad idea.

And, finally, to conclude my disjointed rambly post, let me just say that I have noticed that H has not yet paid his February rent. That concerns me that he has either 1) opened a new bank account, or 2) thinks he's moving home. I won't dwell on either of those because it's total unproductive mindreading, but there you go.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard