Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
E
edz Offline
E
Hi OD

mmm see now originally my fb was plain broken then when I started GALing I put a whole new pic etc up about a month in it all got too much and I put the account on temporary hold and left it a couple of weeks this was because I thought I'd do something or post something that would land me in trouble.

Really the question is do you want to know what your w is posting? My w and I are (at least today...who knows by tomorrow) friends on fb and Ive no intention of changing that but mostly she's posting stuff about her day with our s or plans with friends. Sometimes its useful sometimes its hurtful. Over christmas she posted tree pics with s which hurt but I realised I did exactly the same albeit not in our old place with the decorations we hung together for over a decade. She's posted how much she misses s when Ive had him for one night after he's been there a week and so on.

So really, do you want to know? I can tell you I know bits that I didnt ask to know and that w hasnt told me (I did not snoop) and its causing me a lot of trouble right now.

If you do (and I defer to vets if this is slipping into pursuing) then keep it simple and lose the 180 description "The other day I blocked you on Facebook, I'm sorry about that and would be very happy to reconnect with you".

I'm not the best at messaging and have felt the wrath of the 2x4 STFU plank so you may want to wait what others say.

Keep going mate.

Last edited by edz; 01/29/15 04:43 PM.

M:44, W:46, S:10
M 13 years, T 15
BD:23/7/2014
W/S Moved to MIL: 23/7/2014
My new place: 21/11/2014
W/S back to flat 22/11/2014
W coming closer, talking 4/2015
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
S
S
Hi OD

I have a bit of a thing about the hurt and damage that seeing things on social media does in these sitches. I don't use FB or similar myself. IMO, it may be best just to leave it for now and focus on your GAL plan and moving forwards yourself.

T :-)

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hi guys. Before I blocked her, I had unfollowed her which of course means that I her posts didn't show up on my timeline but mine did on hers. And she didn't know this.

She doesn't post much on facebook, all her skullduggery is via text, so I didn't see anythng of hers.

I do post on facebook, and most of my posts are upbeat, trying to sho myself in a good light and she can see these and has even commented on one or two (which do come through).

I'm thinking, the longer you leave something like this, the harder it is to get back.

I'm sure about mentioning passive aggression. It is something I suffer from and she is all too aware of it. I'd like to make it clear, maybe without mentioning it though, that I can see these sort of things happening now and taking steps to right them if not nip it in the bud straight away.

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Meant to say 'not' sure about mentioning passive aggression.

EA Aug 2014 I think
M
M
Why do you think YOU get to offer HER an olive branch? She's the one rocking the boat!!

Leave the FB alone. It can only hurt you, trust me on this.

Don't make me throw down a waxing dare, OD. It can only get ugly from there. wink

The VERY NEXT THING YOU POST had better be a GAL plan. You don't want the ones I'd write for you.

Seriously, do they do open mikes in your part of the world? What if you took your guitar and performed at one?

How's the mustache?

PLEASE distract yourself from her. This is going to drag out forever if you can't find your own two feet.

Last edited by Maybell; 01/29/15 10:58 PM.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
V
V
OD

Let FB go. It is a good thing not to tumble your mind with W antics.

Remember the Hawthorne effect that which is watched is affected by the watcher. The observed change their behaviour when they are observed.

Detatch old dog, get peace, stay unfriended.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 01/29/15 11:56 PM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
OK OK. Just to ward off a double dog dare waxing, here is a list of GAL activities.

Keep in touch with friends
Take guitar or piano lessons
Play music
Listen to music
Go to gigs
Go to the cinema / museum / art gallery / football
Find a martial arts or yoga class (my old yoga class finished)
Continue going to mindfullness class
Engage with others on Facebook, Twitter etc
Check out Landmark
Check out the Mankind Project
Read books that aren't to do with relationships etc
See if there's a cookery course I can go on

The moustache went on December 1st. I raised £122 and managed to not look like a perv: more like a stereotypical Mexican from a cowboy film. In fact some even liked it.

The open mic thing. Hmmm, yes. Too frightened to do it on my own if the truth be told. Maybe one day. I'd like to do it with others first. I can see myself singing and playing but I think it'll take a little while.

And one other thing. Sleep. It's 5am and I've been awake for 2 hours thinking about arranging a marriage counsellor session (solutions based of course) and saying I going, would you like to come too.

Last edited by Old Dog; 01/30/15 05:10 AM.

EA Aug 2014 I think
V
V
Originally Posted By: Old Dog
OK OK. Just to ward off a double dog dare waxing, here is a list of GAL activities.

Keep in touch with friends go for coffee or a beer
Take guitar or piano lessons next Thursday
Play music in a band
Listen to music in a church or appreciation group
Go to gigs once a month on a Saturday starting this week
Go to the cinema / museum / art gallery / football every week with X and Y
Find a martial arts or yoga class (my old yoga class finished) starting next week
Continue going to mindfullness class
Engage with others on Facebook, Twitter etc only counts if activity booked
involvement next month with Landmark
involvement in the the Mankind Project
Read books in a book club that aren't to do with relationships etc
See if there's a cookery course I can go on book and attend

The open mic thing. Hmmm, yes. Too frightened to do it on my own if the truth be told. Old Dog sieze the day. A 180 on this, it is only fearful the first time. Something to discuss with your IC I feel

Maybe one day next week. I'd like to do it with others first. that is perfect GAL maximum GAL points if you do

I can see myself singing and playing but I think it'll take a little while. Go feel the fear and do it anyway

RD this is a good list and I would like specific GAL activities and dates and times.

GAL requires third party involvement so reading would count at a book club. Check out only counts if you go somewhere and participate.
You actually need to go on the cookery course for it to get GAL points
Contact with friends counts if you meet for coffee but sending an email, nah
GAL with your kids counts too, RD gets some GAL with his cinema evenings

RD you love music, live music is everywhere in the UK, there would be a good regular meet up with friends. V has a regular orange Wednesday at the cinema with a friend.

Old Dog keep the IC for you, MC with a wayward is ineffective. No doubt others will chip in on this.

Baby steps to giant leaps, you will be glad you did

Last edited by Vanilla; 01/30/15 08:40 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

G
gan Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Old Dog
The open mic thing. Hmmm, yes. Too frightened to do it on my own if the truth be told.
It's 5am and I've been awake for 2 hours thinking about arranging a marriage counsellor session (solutions based of course) and saying I going, would you like to come too.

Two things:
1. Feel the fear and do it anyway
2. No to MC. Been there done that with a WAH (didn't realise he was a WAH at the time). Looking back I feel that she was the enabler who helped my confused H move out.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
G
gan Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
GAL requires third party involvement...

Great suggestions V on how to make that GAL list more SMART.

I did want to challenge you on the above though. Surely if OD went bungy jumping or took up diving or developed a fondness for say macrame then those would count as GAL? Besides which, I think there needs to be some allowances for introverts*. Maybe even a weighted score? +1 for extroverts doing GAL with third party, +1.2 for introverts doing GAL with third party?

(Not saying you're an introvert OD, just coming to the defence of introverts everywhere)

* includes extroverts with social anxiety and extroverted introverts

Last edited by ganb8te; 01/30/15 09:18 AM.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard