Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
G
gan Offline
G
So Jim, How's the living space coming along? And the head space?

I inherited a bunch of plants a couple of weekends ago so my balcony is becoming a bit of a sanctuary. Now I'm on the look out for a Buddha water feature for good measure!

If my estimates are right, the 47hrs must be nearly up?

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
V
V
Must research this head space.

Sounds very interesting indeed..........

Gan, I have plans this year to visit the Eden Project in the UK, which I am led to believe is amazing for plants.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

J
jim0987 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
So my kids are sleeping peacefully in their beds and although its only an hour or so between picking them up from nursery and them going to sleep and they are both shattered during that time I loved every second of it. I have them until i drop them off at nursery on thursday morning.

no contact from my wife since she collected the kids on sunday evening and to be honest if it werent for the fact i have to check a financial thing with her i doubt there would be any until i see her on sunday. I have a rational block here in that NC is supposed to help me detach AND its supposed to help bring her back - Dont get that because surely NC helps her to detach more and move on more (not that i'm convinced there is a more for her to go to)

And i am still hung up on the fact she has repeatedly described me as abusive. I mean thats really harsh and I dont think fair but i do understand its how she feels.

I like the sound of your balcony ganb8te, it sounds nice and relaxing, particularly as i'd quite like to be able to sit outdoors at the moment.

In answer to your questions

The headspace stuff is going pretty well though the last couple of days i've really drifted off during it and not caught myself - not even sure where i drifted to but my mind wasnt racing which is a good thing so it seems to be having some benefits (have found myself talking about it a chunk on these boards, along with giraffes and jackals)

I'm waiting on a few bits of furniture to arrive then the lounge will look different (not massively but enough). the biggest thing at the moment is that without the family pictures my walls are all pretty bare but at the moment i cant afford to do anything about that at the moment. It will be a gradual thing i guess.

The eden project is a nice day out and the different biomes are quite impressive for the variety of stuff thats in there.

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
E
edz Offline
E
Hey Jim

How about some canvas, paints for the kids and some cheap wood to stretch as a frame should be able to knock out some biggish frames for about £8 each..

M:44, W:46, S:10
M 13 years, T 15
BD:23/7/2014
W/S Moved to MIL: 23/7/2014
My new place: 21/11/2014
W/S back to flat 22/11/2014
W coming closer, talking 4/2015
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
V
V
Originally Posted By: edz
Hey Jim

How about some canvas, paints for the kids and some cheap wood to stretch as a frame should be able to knock out some biggish frames for about £8 each..

Was just about to suggest same. The 99p shop near me had a few the other week and I bought some for H grandchildren. Hand and foot print for the littlest one. Enormous fun.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

S
S
I think that's a great idea. When my H D, and SS was little, they did this. H got some big canvases and some bright paints. He would dip SS's feet into the paints and he would swoosh them around on the canvas in different colours, same with the hands. Ended up with bold splashes of colour and the odd discernable hand & foot print - lovely.

Charity shops often have cheap printed canvases too, or maybe a nice board with some printed pics of the kids that you can add new photos too - or a board that has some of their art pinned onto it?

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
G
gan Offline
G
Or make a papier mache mooooose!

Or....IKEA has some pretty cheap frames. To fill then, go to the UK zazzle website and order cheapo poster(s) of something cool. I have a couple of framed vintage travel posters on my wall. The look great and are meaningful as they are places I've been to. (Oh and travel is a favourite GAL activity of mine)

Last edited by ganb8te; 01/28/15 10:06 AM.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
J
jim0987 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I had the kids art thought as well, its a really good idea but I'll admit I'm nervous about the mess. Think I'll pre run a bath...

I love travelling - cash permitting I'd get some of my holiday photos blown up but I like the vintage travel poster idea. Also reminded me I have a loft full of old film posters (late 90s rather than proper vintage).

I also found amazon has a reseller called 'wall fillers' so I've ordered a massive (1.6m x 1m) brightly coloured abstract canvas for my bedroom. It was about £20 so we'll see if it's any good.

Its chucking it down with rain here and I now really want to go in holiday....

BD 7sep14
D paperwork in progress
J
jim0987 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Another moose would just get confusing. Especially if it got loose about this goose.

BD 7sep14
D paperwork in progress
G
gan Offline
G
Never done it but at basic office supply places over here you can get your photos blown up and printed on a canvas. No frame needed. They're surprisingly affordable.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard