Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
G
Omg, I'm laughing so hard the dogs are questioning my sanity.

Some of this is so true, the fruit cake, could he not think of a more appriate cake or what?

Is that with or without added nuts!

Mine had out signage and witches hats blocking his drive way, my hysterical laughing mind ready guess is ow is arriving with all her furniture..... And moving in.

Mmmm he wonders why I need a L! He's a space cadet.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
B
B
Bea, don't talk to that crazy fool anymore, he's an attention seeking idiot.

B
OP Offline
B
BH - it is proving incredibly therapeutic. I spent so much time being worried, upset, feeling abandoned, that having this nonsense from is just re-calibrating my 'normal' meter, if that makes sense.

I took him far too seriously for far too long. My mistake.

B
OP Offline
B
RL
Quote:
He wrote back that my email was erroneous and confusing. I listed two dates that are etched in stone in my memory. No errors OR confusion there LOL

They continue to stick to the script guidelines: what does he mean 'erroneous and confusing'? The only person confused person is him.

They must think we are really really stupid, if they think at all, which I doubt!

B
OP Offline
B
URworthy - I am interested to see what he comes up with, and how long the list is! He writes as if he has a hotline to the truth and reconciliation council, and has praised himself for his patience and magnanimity towards his children.

I suspect it is the need for attention, as Job has said, and also the need to think well of himself.

I think he is also getting more outrageous in his claims because I am staying totally calm. He has lost his 'power' over me - the power to upset, annony, destabilize and harass.

B
OP Offline
B
PS RL - my xh does not consider he has put me through anything. The current story is that our marriage wasn't working and that he left and then I made a big fuss, and encouraged the boys to take sides, and made our friends take sides.

He is the victim in all of this: this is his truth, sadly.

R
R
Bea, I was wondering if my ex is coming up with a similar story to yours - that our marriage was not working, he went to Moscow to visit a friend, but I changed while he was gone, and refused to let him come home for some nefarious reason LOL. Is being the victim the next chapter in the MLC manual?

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
job Offline
They will play the victim card until they either wake up or drop dead. Eventually everyone gets tired of the flea playing the violin and realize he's playing the "poor me" card over and over.

The best thing is to not get into discussions when they are like this because it will go on and on and they will not look in the mirror and see the mess they have made of their lives, and yes, they want your attention be it positive on negative. They will make any and every excuse to keep the banter going. If allowed to continue such banter, they are getting their ego kibbles because they know we are finally paying them some attention by responding even if we don't care what we have to say to them or the tone we use.

L
L
Seriously. Does being the victim play into any of the stages? It almost seems like a stage unto itself.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
G
G
Oh yes forever the victim of circumstance!

Really they have no choices at all, none zero zip! Laughs giggles and ponders where these nig nongs think they will end up.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard