Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
job Offline
I agree w/BklynMom. You need to start trying to compartmentalizing your issues. If you focus on the divorce, do it in small increments, the same w/your paying your bills and your job, etc. When you put everything into one pot is when you have your major errors and slippages, etc.

Right now, your job is the most important issue that you need to focus on. Your probation should be ending this week....but have they said anything about extending it or do they think you can now be a "regular" employee w/o the probation. I think I would inquire about your job status at the end of the week, since Feb. 1st is on a Sunday. You need to know whether or not you will remain on probation a while longer. I think this type of stress isn't helping you w/doing your job. Probation makes some people jittery/nervous and they tend to make more mistakes. Once the probation period is over, the person usually settles down and can breathe better and know that they are on firm ground. This may be the case w/you.

As for the tutor, search for a new one. This young lady sounded like a really good fit, but evidently she's got some issues w/reporting to work and earning a paycheck, i.e., responsible/accountable.

As for settling, if you can get him to agree to a settlement, I would go for it. The money you would be putting into going to court, i.e., attorney fees, traveling back and forth and the mental strain are very high. Not only is your mental health and your job worth more than $100 a month, but so is your physical health.

Also, I would advise my editor and publisher that you will need to be in Ohio on the dates that you were given. Give them as much notice as possible as to when you are going to be unavailable for work. This goes a long way in showing them that you are a responsible individual who wants to ensure everything continues to run properly while you are away.

Breathe! One issue at a time.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Ok. Breathe.

Just spent the last 30 minutes on the phone with the case services person.

That's over.

Breathe.

Putting on my makeup and getting ready for the rest of the day.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Oh, and Job...my probation isn't over now...

In our meeting, the publisher said he wanted to "Start over."

They haven't prevented me from signing up for employee benefits. My sense is that I'm hired, but they aren't quite sure where to put me.

And, honestly, I'm not sure I want to be the editor of two newspapers. I would, however, love to be the editor the farm and dairy. :-)

I plan on having things clarified once I have an awesome issue with loads of advertising.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

job Offline
Heather,
I know you've been stretched to the limit on finances, but you need to send in a small good faith payment in order to keep your car from being repossessed. Have you called the company and advised them of your financial issues and try to work out how you can catch up on the two months payments? If you don't, one day you may go out to get in the car and it will be gone. People today aren't so kind and forgiving when we don't at least make an attempt to pay something on what we owe. It's easier for them to come and reclaim the item and start over w/someone else. This also doesn't look good on your credit rating.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Temporary order of support finally came through...

$650 per month in child support.

NO SPOUSAL SUPPORT.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Oh, he continues to pay my car insurance for $109 per month.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
My attorney is an idiot.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I believe it's retro-active because it has it beginning Sept. 27, 2014.

Crap.

So, I'm going into settlement discussions with him thinking he doesn't have to pay any.

Effin atty.

job Offline
If the child support is retroactive, you should be asking when can you expect the check for the last 4 1/2-5 months (since January is just about over) for the remainder of what he owes you.

I'm not surprised that you didn't get spousal support. You are employed now and that may be the reason it was taken off the table.

It will be interesting to see just how all of this will play out now that you have entered into settlement discussions.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
That's crap. We were married for 20+ years. Daughter with special needs. I'm angry. Ohio courts stink.

He doesn't parent at alllllll.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard