Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
OP Offline
B
After 4 weeks now of xh emailing me about our children (and generally blaming me for the reason he doesn't have a relationship, but more of a generalised moan than real spew), out of the blue I get this.

Quote:
I've lost my copy [of friend's fruitcake recipe]. Do you have one handy that you could send my way?

This 'normality' is so off the wall I am almost speechless. Also he never bakes . . . . .

This is longest period of contact I have had with him since he finally left for good in early 2007.

C
C
Originally Posted By: beatrice
This 'normality' is so off the wall I am almost speechless. Also he never bakes . . . . .

This is longest period of contact I have had with him since he finally left for good in early 2007.

Well after 8 years maybe you are seeing a touch and go.

Me-70, D37,S36
L
L
Isn't anyone going to mention the fact it's a fruitcake recipe...or that "he never bakes"...????

Ohhhhhhhhh, theeeee IRONY!

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks heather!!
Oh and I got another email asking me to own up to all my faults

including the following gems

Quote:
until our sons have a less one-sided, more truthful view of past events, so they can let go of the narrative that makes me the villain.

Quote:
You have not yet mentioned any of yours.[faults]

I replied very sweetly. And briefly. I asked for a list of my faults, and a form of words that would cover what he calls 'the past events' And left it at that.

He is playing the victim big time!!

M
M
bea, that is so weird, random, and out of left-field.

R
R
Originally Posted By: Bea
I now feel in such a good place that I can now deal with craziness.

Holy crumbs Beatrice, you sound GOOD! Your ex not so much LOL. I shall be waiting impatiently to read Fo Fo's list of your faults. And yikes, does he REALLY want you to tell your boys the truth about all of the crap that he put you through?

My ex recently sent me a similar email. He has, alas, returned from Moscow (apparently Russia has "changed" and he was not happy there, which I suspect is code for the Russian Tramp threw him out when she learned he was not about to share his money with her). When I would not let him come home, he said that he could not believe I have changed so much in the past five months. I wrote back, reasonably I thought, that I changed a lot, but it started five years at bomb drop in Dec 2009, but I REALLY changed in Dec 2013 when I gave him an ultimatum to choose the Russian or me, and he chose her. He wrote back that my email was erroneous and confusing. I listed two dates that are etched in stone in my memory. No errors OR confusion there LOL

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
K
kml Offline
K
Wow, Linda, you really need to update your thread!!!!

job Offline
Bea,
I about died laughing that he wants the fruit cake recipe. Is he getting a jump on having the new wifey whip one up and store it for 11 months? I can't see that happening. I suspect it's something he was missing from his past holidays w/you and he thought he'd ask for it. I seriously doubt he or the wifey will be doing any baking of that sort.

As for him (again) bringing up old issues, he needs to go cry himself a river and leave you alone. He doesn't get it...you are divorced and you do not need to be tarred and feathered each and every time he posts to you. Sounds to me like Bunny Foo Foo is not a happy camper.

He's forgotten that your sons are grown and if he wants a relationship w/them, that on him to try to rebuild the bridge he destroyed years ago.

He's using any and every excuse to keep the communication going. Next, he'll come back and want something from your house.

RL, Your xh is completely off the wall too. He's doesn't get it either...you are divorced and under no obligation to provide him a room in your home. The Holiday Inn Express is right down the road. LOL!

I'm thankful mine has been quiet, but I suspect he's in the process of relocating. It's been peaceful and I hope it stays that way.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
U
U
Bea, quit trying to take away my "Craziest MLCer" award. LOL!

Your xh is not flying backwards...he has flown straight into the freakin wall.

He's jumping up and down trying to get your attention and is getting exasperated that you arent reacting the way he expects you to.

Too bad. So sad. You are a good sport asking for your faults. I sure wouldnt. To heck with that...it will just be more cray cray.

B
B
Originally Posted By: beatrice
I asked for a list of my faults, and a form of words that would cover what he calls 'the past events'

I love this! Can’t wait for the list and the words.

And “he never bakes” comment… I was thinking the same thoughts as Heather, about the irony.

I think Linda is entering the competition for the "Craziest MLCer" award. Linda, I can’t wait for the updates on your thread about how Russia has “changed”… And he only was there for five months? 

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard