Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
C
C
Btw are you still wearing your ring Jefe?

Me 32 (German) Wife 28
T 3yrs M 2yrs
Moved to US for W
No kids
BD 6/2014
In house separation
Confirmed EA 1/2015
(ongoing since BD)
OM not ready
Real D talk started 1/27/15

J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thank you for the kind words, Complex. God's taking me through this.

My ring? Absolutely!

I carry on through my daily life as if I was still married,

because I am.

Besides, I am an example to my daughters of what they will be seeking in a man later in life. They are watching both of us very closely right now.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Blogging:
I forgot to mention that we got Grandma into an assisted living facility this past Saturday. Just a mile or so down the street and right behind the restaurant MIL works at. Handy for everyone, and she really likes it.

So the wife has been calling me on and off today. My truck was broken into last night/this morning and some of it has been business but only about half of it.

Around 11AM she calls and asks me if I would like to meet her over at MIL's work and walk over to Grandma's with her. She'd like us both to go visit and hang out for a few since she hasn't seen the place. So I throw on some nicer clothes, freshen up for a bit and race over there. I must say that I really enjoyed it. I think the wife did too. As I was pulling out of the parking lot she made a point of grabbing my attention and waving at me. We've called or texted at least 15 times since then for all sorts of things. I hang up and she calls back 3 minutes later with something else.

I'm irresistible like that.

Just kidding.

I enjoy these moments, but we're still so far away.
It's so hard being in these moments knowing you can't buy much stock in it. But I do feel like we're courting.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Blogging,

Beautiful sunny day here. Girls enjoyed the park for sure. So did I. I have lost another pound or 2 and some of my "skinny" clothes are starting to fit. It's nice to feel better about yourself. I didn't feel like a beached whale today wink.

Wife called just to see what I/we were doing while we were at the park. She said she was going to AlAnon tonight.

All in all it's been a pretty good day, in spite of the theft of the Nabi and the Android tablet this morning.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
D
D
Originally Posted By: Jefe
Blogging,

Beautiful sunny day here. Girls enjoyed the park for sure. So did I. I have lost another pound or 2 and some of my "skinny" clothes are starting to fit. It's nice to feel better about yourself. I didn't feel like a beached whale today wink.

Wife called just to see what I/we were doing while we were at the park. She said she was going to AlAnon tonight.

All in all it's been a pretty good day, in spite of the theft of the Nabi and the Android tablet this morning.

Keep going.... When you are starting to get there a lot get out of the program when they are getting close cause they are complacent to what they had before. Keep going and stay on it and make sure you achieve your final result. Dont' do it for her do it for you.

J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Blogging,

Wife came by for a short visit last night. She commented how good the house looked. While she was here the kids started chanting; Mommy and Daddy sitting in a tree, K I S.... You get the idea. The wife laughed and thought it was funny. It brought up some early memories we all talked about. It also gave me the opportunity to talk about the good things she has contributed to the marriage over the years. W said, "Your daddy has a good memory" she didn't stay long as she was wanting to catch an AlAnon meeting.

Got cold and wet here. Guess we're home-bodies this week.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
D
D
Blogging,

Wife came by for a short visit last night. She commented how good the house looked. While she was here the kids started chanting; Mommy and Daddy sitting in a tree, K I S.... You get the idea. The wife laughed and thought it was funny. It brought up some early memories we all talked about. It also gave me the opportunity to talk about the good things she has contributed to the marriage over the years. W said, "Your daddy has a good memory" she didn't stay long as she was wanting to catch an AlAnon meeting.

Got cold and wet here. Guess we're home-bodies this week.

You gotta attack this thing like a war in Iraq where you don't want to suffer many losses. You can win this war, but it is not going to be through supplication at all. Some of the things you will do may be despicable, but it's to talk to her ego and psychology and allow her to make her own decisions.

D
D
Blogging,

Jefe....

Realize what you are up against. You are in Dallas, basically almost Hollywood itself.

Have you ever been an Alpha male or a male with choices in that area?

You cannot complain, explain or rationalize with the wife, it's all about her feelings right now.

You still have some chances to snag her back, but it is not through love based choices unless the world deals her a seriously dirty hand...

But being Alpha she might catch feelings towards you again. It just means standing up for yourself and ensuring your needs are met.

I'm sure she thought the song by the daughters was cute...

I'd be handing out with single friends again, because they will put the right wavelength into you that she needs to see.

It's for a good cause.

Last edited by Cristy; 01/22/15 11:54 PM. Reason: per forum agreement, offensive comments won't be tolerated
J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Blogging

So W's aunt's funeral was yesterday. All went well considering.

Wife had her wall up at the services but called through-out the day yesterday afterwards.

Spent the day with her cousin yesterday afternoon/evening packing W's aunt's apartment. He asked a lot of questions about God and our church so I was very happy about that.

Nothing else to report.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Blogging,

Yesterday, wife came over after school to see the girls and hang out at the house for awhile. It was nice. She grabbed a photo album and started to reminisce about things. I joked about one of the photos that she used to make fun of and she quickly corrected me and said that it was nice. I invited her to dinner tonight at the house with us and she accepted. She had a bye for pool tonight so she was leaving to go to an AlAnon meeting instead. Received a handful of nice chatty texts after she left.

This morning she called and wanted to know what I was doing for the day. I was going to joke and ask: "Why, did you want to spend the day together?" but I just simply asked: "Why, what did you have in mind?" Well, basically wants to spend the day here at the house with me cleaning up around the yard, straightening up the deck and driveway, etc. Then while I pick up the kids from school, she is going to go take a shower and then come back and spend the evening together till her AlAnon meeting starts.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard