Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
G
gan Offline
G
Love the swan effect analogy. That's pretty spot on!

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Sometimes I have to put my head underwater see if I'm still paddling though.

Don't read anything into that btw, it's just a joke. I can't help making jokes. Trying to reduce the number of cynical ones though.

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Does going to see your footie (soccar) team lose count as GAL?

Out and about in London Town. Off to a gig soon.

EA Aug 2014 I think
S
S
Originally Posted By: Old Dog
Does going to see your footie (soccar) team lose count as GAL?

I hope so. I watch the Heat lose all the time.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
The Heat?

I spelt soccer incorrectly above. It was good to chat all too briefly with a friend at the footie. She split up with her H ages ago. Says I'm doing the right thing.

The gig was OK. Some things thrashing about on guitars making interesting noises.

Felt alone yesterday in the big city. Well I was alone. Although I do have you lot. When I was at the gig, before it started, I was checking in on here.

More GAL today. It's a friends birthday dinner this evening.

EA Aug 2014 I think
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Had a great time at my friends birthday evening out. Good friends, good food good chat.

Meeting daft lass for lunch today and taking the kids while she goes off to have New Years eve fun with her crazy friend. Thinking about this, and assuming (yeah, I know) she is the one she texts a lot, I think she is being swayed by her into thinking she is doing the right thing by pursuing her dreams/ambition by ending our relationship. I don't mean I think her friend says do it, but she is being really supportive.

These past few days have been hard for me. Denied a family Xmas holiday, except for Xmas day itself, I have been staying at my friends place in London and trying to GAL. Doing the actions, but when my friend has to go out, the actions by my myself aren't enough to stay the sadness.

I will have loads more fun with the boys in the next couple of days though. I can't stay at my friends place any longer as hell have his kids and there's no room for us all. I've booked a hotel for a couple of nights and I'm planning winter activities for the three of us. We're going to be straddling the meridian line in Greenwich Park on the dot of midnight on New Years eve,

Next year will better for all of us who follow the program, work on being the best you be. Keep on GAL, keep on loving.

EA Aug 2014 I think
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I didn't manage to wish daft lass a happy new year last night, or this morning for that matter.

I was in London with the boys - had a reasonable time, could have been better, but we made the effort - while she had taken herself off to her oh so fun friend's house for a few days.

She rang at 6pm to see where we were and what we were doing. I spoke briefly to her, saying we were going to the Winter Wonderland fair in Hyde Park. She then spoke to the boys who handed the phone back to me. I thought she'd probably hung up, but she was still there and said happy new year to me. I said thanks and hung up without reciprocating.

I just couldn't do it. I guess I'm angry at her.

Later on just after midnight, she texted S12, but not me and he replied.

Not very good DBing I'm afraid. Oh well.

EA Aug 2014 I think
G
gan Offline
G
Happy New Year, Old Dog! Glad to see you made it in to London with the boys.

I think a friendly neighbour would have said Happy New Year back, no? You gotta process that anger, Dog. How are plans for IC coming along?

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Happy New Year ganb8te ... and everyone else.

A friendly neighbour would defo return a HNY. Trouble is I'm not in friendly neighbour mode and finding it difficult to be so.

She has taken herself off since Boxing Day, most of it with the boys, and is only returning today. I'm not saying I wanted it to be like Xmases of old, I know it's all changed and it wouldn't have been. I'm just sad that this is how it is this year and I guess angry that she get family Xmas with her mum, dad & sister, then her brother and then palms them off onto me so she can then have a great New Years eve with her fun friend.

It s been a **** Xmas and a **** year. I tried to do something fun with the boys at New Year but all they really wanted to do was go home and play their new games on the computer/Xbox or whatever.

I know it's only temporary though. When she comes back I will have pumped my PMA up and will wish her a HNY. I'm going to make myself busy until then.

Thanks for looking in.

Last edited by Old Dog; 01/02/15 09:58 AM.

EA Aug 2014 I think
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Forgot to answer the IC question.

I haven't heard from whoever it is that arranges it for several weeks. It's rather annoying, I'll have to chase them.

Daft lass is back from her extended break from me and straight away continued her previous habit of disappearing upstairs with her phone and iPad.

The boys did manage to persuade her to come downstairs to watch a film but as usual, she fell asleep during it and then went to bed. Interactions are cordial though, I guess that's a blessing.

EA Aug 2014 I think
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard