Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
O
Okabe Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Number 2 seems like a good idea. One of the gifts (the most expensive one) is a gift certificate that will expire by next fall (an outdoor theater season), so that one should be used up. I was thinking putting the boys names on it, that way it would deflect some of the pressure (though she'd know) to thank me.
You know as I thought about it, I bet I was trying to win points in some way, but just didn't want to admit it to myself. I've got a ways to go yet.

M-44
W-44
Sons- 11&14
Married- 18
Together- 27
Separation mentioned- 9-29-14
Still together, but not "together"
"if you feel rotten and forgotten,
remember there'll be better days."
S
S
I've not heard many who are big enough to admit it.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
O
Okabe Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I am trying to learn about myself more in this process and that has to come with some humility and owning up to my own faults.
I appreciate your, and everyone else's input / insight. Hopefully I will come through all of this wise enough to be helpful for someone else in the future.

M-44
W-44
Sons- 11&14
Married- 18
Together- 27
O
Okabe Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I am trying to detach. I really am. The holidays and W is making it difficult.
So on Tuesday we had to go X-mas shopping together for the boys. I had a few things in mind that they said they wanted and we were looking at that.
W then starts talking about purchasing an x-box one. I hadn't even considered it. She would make this purchase and I told her that it was more up to her since it would come from her account. I was fine either way. She has been trying to decide this over the last 2 days. She just called me at work and talked to me for about 15 minutes about the pros and cons, whether to make it a family gift, how I could use it as a multi media device (I probably should've cut this short), etc.
For someone who told me that she wasn't sure if she wanted to stay with me or if I was the kind of man she wanted to be with anymore, buying things (and planning for the future) together is confusing.
Don't get me wrong. I am happy that she doesn't have one foot out the door, but these mixed signals are hard to deal with at times since I don't know what to make of them.
Just have to shake it off and re-focus on detaching, getting myself right, and GAL as much as possible.

M-44
W-44
Sons- 11&14
Married- 18
Together- 27
O
Okabe Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I don't know if it is that the W is out of school for the semester, the holidays, if DB stuff I am doing is working, or some combination thereof but W has been more communicative and less sullen this week.
We are still in the no affection or ILYs stage and I don't see that changing until a R talk happens, but I am not pushing for this.
I guess I will continue to try to detach better and GAL until I see some more concrete movement back to a healthier R and then we can start working on something better.

M-44
W-44
Sons- 11&14
Married- 18
Together- 27
O
Okabe Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Through X-mas finally. It was a good day. Both my and W's family came to our place and celebrated. W was friendly, but not overly so.
I gave her the gifts since I had them (and one of them had to be given and used), and I put the boys names on the expensive one. She told me that she didn't know we were exchanging gifts. I replied that she never gave me an answer and that I had told her that I had something for her, but that it didn't matter that she hadn't done anything. She said she would buy me accessories for when I purchase my laptop. I said if she wanted to do that that was fine and up to her.
I also did a very non- DB thing. I decided before I went to bed last night to offer her a hug. She accepted and hugged back and gave me a kiss. I told her I loved her and she replied she loves me as well. It was warm and genuine and the first hug that I have had from her in a long time that felt like a real hug (not simply tolerated).
That being said: while that interaction was really nice I can't read too much into it. I figure I need to go back to detaching, and GAL actions. This was a nice moment, but the work to repair our M will happen when she is ready to talk about our R and we can start to move forward.

M-44
W-44
Sons- 11&14
Married- 18
Together- 27
O
Okabe Offline OP
OP Offline
O
So I'm sitting in the living room on the couch and W is sitting by herself on the loveseat. I want to sit next to her so we can be close, but I am afraid this will come off as needy and be unwanted.
At what point do I try to take action? Is it just best to wait for her to take the first step? Feeling unsure of myself given that we've been getting along recently.

M-44
W-44
Sons- 11&14
Married- 18
Together- 27
M
M
Have you read this? To me, this is DBing at its finest and it's working well. No pursuing at all. Your W is warming up a little? Keep doing what you're doing, no pursuing.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2520244#Post2520244

M39 D6 D3 (at S)
S 2014-09
D 2016-09

"You can't start a fire sitting around, crying over a broken heart" - Bruce Springsteen.
O
Okabe Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks Mozza. I didn't. And I plan on keeping on working on detaching.
I told her goodnight as I left the room (she stays up much later than I, playing online gaming) she said goodnight and blew me a kiss. I think it was kind of automatic, but it was the first time she's done that on her own in months.
I am planning on several GAL activities for the coming months. IC, archery lessons with s11, hip hop dance lessons, judo, and hopefully mandolin lessons.
I have been working on my 180s: letting her take care of more things (mailing out her Dad's x -Mas gifts, getting the oil changed in the van, etc. I have made sure that I give her full attention when she is speaking to me. I think those have helped.
The holidays have made it challenging to detach, but I'll redouble my efforts.

M-44
W-44
Sons- 11&14
Married- 18
Together- 27
O
Okabe Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Back to working on detaching.
The W seems back to her pre-holiday self (a little quietly and seemingly down) . I should stop watching though.
It has been hard to detach though. The temptation to bring up R talk or attempt affection has been strong lately. I won't and do plan to. I guess I just wonder if I am going to have to be the one to bring up R talk. W is slow to change and I often wonder how long it will take her to bring up what direction she wants to take. I know however if I end up bringing up R talk I end up in the same roll as pursuer that I have always been in. I can't do that again. It wasn't helping before.
I hope I am thinking about this right.

M-44
W-44
Sons- 11&14
Married- 18
Together- 27
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis