Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
J
J
Its a rough feeling, we all get them, but they also pass particularly if you dont wallow.

cardio exercise is a great way to boost endorphins and mood etc.

at this time of year you surely want the christmas classics of 'its a wonderful life' and 'Die Hard'

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Epsom salts and sage oil? Good grief Maybell, I'm a bloke! Isn't a pedicure enough for you? :-)

The film is called Mr Turner I've discoverd, about the artist ... er ... Turner. Although old classics sound pretty good. They just showed 'It's a wonderful life' this afternoon. I'll say this next bit quietly though. I don't like James Stewart. I think I may be on my own in this though.

Anyway I was out doing Xmas shopping. Got a few things for my mum, my brother and his step son.

Cheering up a bit as the day goes on. Not quite as much of my morning scowl is showing*. WAW even complimented me on my bright pink socks. Oh and before I forget, she even said she appreciated me coming back early last week and working from home so she could go off on a jolly with work while I look after the kids. I think that's the first time she said that since the bomb, despite having loads of weekends away.

* only kidding, trying to stay neutral today if I can't manage a happy disposition.

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Oh, I missed your post Jim. And if you read mine, you'll see I missed its a wonderful life.

Never seen any of the Die Hard films. Or Rocky, and you know about Grease already.

I'd like to watch Groundhog Day again I think.

And again, and again, and again ...

Last edited by Old Dog; 12/20/14 06:33 PM. Reason: Edited to add poor joke

EA Aug 2014 I think
M
M
Epsom salts are gender neutral.

Sage oil, not lavender!! You'll smell like roast chicken. Isn't that manly enough for you? wink

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted By: ganb8te
Aw, Dog, I'm sorry to hear this. It's totally fine to wallow every now and then, we all need to.

Is it allowed? I don't want to though. I'm afraid of falling back into the habit.

So what's triggered this then? I've just been reading back over the end of your last thread and I'm not really seeing anything in particular. Are you just riding the low bit on the roller coaster or is there something more going on?

I think it's just Xmas, and Grinch wife ruining it by taking the kids away on Boxing Day without me and then allocating me New Years Eve with them while she does off to have fun with her mad friend again.

Yes, it's an opportunity to ... whatever, but when your feeling low, it's a bigger effort.

I forget, are you seeing an IC?
(it's bedtime in Australia so I'll check in again tomorrow)

Not seeing an IC at the moment. I'm supposed to be hooked up with one soon through the NHS. They tried to arrange the first session a few weeks ago, but I couldn't make that day and they haven't called back yet. I wish they would.

Sweet dreams ganb8te xx

EA Aug 2014 I think
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I found a cool game for my iPad. Monument. It's a puzzle game. Very neat.

EA Aug 2014 I think
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted By: Maybell
Epsom salts are gender neutral.

Sage oil, not lavender!! You'll smell like roast chicken. Isn't that manly enough for you? wink

Foghorn Leghorn. Like it. I say boy, am I getting through to you?

EA Aug 2014 I think
G
G
I say boooooy!

Herbs are good. I have been drinking liquorice tea and been feeling 1,000% better for it.
Nope it didn't upset my tummy, but soothes it. I had some drama in this area.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Not sure I like the sound of liquorice tea myself. I'm glad IT works for you though Gg.

Drama eh? Now we're all intrigued.

Feeling a whole lot better now everyone. I think interaction with people brings me out of my shell. Off to bed now though.

EA Aug 2014 I think
G
gan Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Old Dog
Is it allowed? I don't want to though. I'm afraid of falling back into the habit.

What's the alternative? Bottling it up? I think a little wallowing from time to time is ok provided you know you can pull yourself out of it. If you feel like you can't then it's time to get help. I'm generally doing ok but I still have moments where I feel like I am walking a very thin line between sadness and despair. I'm not sure if it is the mindfulness practice or what, but I seem to be getting better at noticing these moments and making a conscious decision not to go there.

I think it's just Xmas, and Grinch wife ruining it by taking the kids away on Boxing Day without me and then allocating me New Years Eve with them while she does off to have fun with her mad friend again.

Sounds like you've got some planning to do then. What are you going to do with the kids on NYE? Give them (and you) a NYE to remember. Forget that W is off doing her thing. You are doing your thing too - and its gonna be awesome!

Not seeing an IC at the moment. I'm supposed to be hooked up with one soon through the NHS. They tried to arrange the first session a few weeks ago, but I couldn't make that day and they haven't called back yet. I wish they would.

OK good. Follow up on this.

Old Dog, in reading through your posts I get the impression that your emotions are going up and down even while things at home aren't really changing. If I understand, your W hasn't made a faster move for the door or filed or anything. She's saying the relationship has run it's course but is not doing anything to truly end it (forgive me if I've missed some posts that say otherwise). If an IC can help you get to a bit more of a stable place then I think it would be good for your own sanity and your sitch. If you oozed a bit more confidence and became a man of mystery, doing your own things (for you) then I think she would start to question her thinking. Especially if you started wearing white shirts and white trousers like we discussed ;-) More seriously though, talk to an IC and try to work through your emotions. I think they are holding you back a bit.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard