Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Just been to the doctors. I want help knowing internals are ok and nothing serious, just a basic thing really

I relay conversation

Dr: I will get the NHS central to send you a self test in the post
Me: what does the test test for?
Dr: blood in stool
Me: but I know there is blood in my stool (thinking of tomato soup in loo this morning) so I don't think we need to test for that
Dr: yes of course
Me: what is the next step
Dr: a bowel exam
Me: how do I get one?
Dr: well first we do the blood in stool test
Me: is the practice given prizes for every patient picked up using the test?
Dr: I will send you for a bowel exam

Another
Dr: have you started the SSRI yet, how are you getting on with it
Me: not yet
Dr: you cashed the prescription
Me: yes, but it's contra indicated for people with bowel problems
Dr: oh, you read the insert
Me: yes I always read the insert
Dr: why did you cash the prescription knowing that?
Me: it was written in the insert in the box
Dr: I will put that in your notes in the notes section

Me: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RTFM gets them every time, every time

Bemused
Vanilla

Last edited by Vanilla; 12/12/14 10:43 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

G
G
I love it when drs do stuff like that. ^

You have rhc update, as promised.

I loved your h saying stuff like that then saying he did not. Sound like script to me. The whole bait and Switch when caught out in a lie.

Lets hope your teeth show some improve and the whole health thing starts to get better.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
edz #2516609 12/12/14 11:41 AM
G
G
Originally Posted By: edz
Would you like some of our weather, its dull grey wet and freezing (well 3c out of the wind)?

Dont have dogs at the moment, would love to but have rented for so long theres no chance (present landlord needed an additional £300 deposit for my 17yr old cat) but when I did Skippy (that's not a pun she was really called that as she was rescued as a pup from a skip) hated the rain and cold, she loved going to the forest and local gravel beach but if she was in the car and looked out the window and saw rain she'd sit there..upright...as much as to say nope, not until the weather looks better mate!

Sounds like my bitach, she does not drop her panties and pee if the grass is wet or there is a frost, but Snow is for eating, go figure. The x racing dog tryed to eat my brand new work shirt he graped the packet and was staring on the shirt! Thank god he did get a bite out of it, as it was a free shirt.

We have had grey weather and we do get snow. So nope, I whine and bitach if we get winter in summer.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Ms 18 hs 26
G
G
Originally Posted By: jim0987
I suspect we are used to a whole lot more green here in the UK. That and our idea of drought is that it hasn't rained in a week.

Those red heels would just sink into a new forest bog.

Today to go to the party I wore non red shoes out the drive and fell in a muddy puddle! Had to clean foot, and then put on my pretty heels. I'm sooooo glad this summer was meant to be dryer than average. The sun was out this arvo and that's a first for about 3 weeks. Could explain why I feel so tired.

This last long dry was 10years of dryer than average. Which makes water tables drop and things get bad. A few wet years recharges it.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Ms 18 hs 26
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Yesterday was a good day for GAL.
One of my lovely clients aged 93 took me for Xmas lunch to my favourite pub!
He's going strong, still drives and as lively as anything. I enjoy his company, he was a big cheese in a major corporation and has wonderful stories to tell, excited by politics especially debate and is admirer of Russell Brand. 2 pts

Last night I went Salsa with a 24 year old and we danced until 1:30 in the morning. 4 Pts.

I have just woken and will now miss the first of my gym sessions for today. 2 pts lost. I am going to go for 10:30 for the second session. 2 pts. I am meeting a client in the office at 12 and then lunch with her. 3 pts ( includes child and Frozen sing a long) Then I go immediately to get some probiotics and new dress 1 pt. then to an Xmas dinner dance with 20 friends involving dancing 4 pts.

The only hard thing for me is my weight. I put on 20 lbs and whilst I lost about 4 of them, I have been so inactive during the tooth phase very little more has shifted. And at the moment I am a little waterlogged and puffy. It's Xmas with extra eating, but I am not drinking so that helps. I would like to let loose one night but I know I can't with H around. I am not inviting H any more. He is off to golf today again so I am hoping I won't see him today. That would be peaceful. I don't tell him where I am going and he doesn't ask and visa versa. Things are more peaceful and we are more separate.

I love my GAL.
Vanilla

V 64, WAW

D
D
Awesome GAL, Vanilla! Love your great attitude and outlook. Keep it up, lady. You've got it down! smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Another fine GAL day yesterday..
Went shopping for Xmas stuff and then a client called in with her books and records, she hadn't eaten so I suggested the local pub, took three dogs for a short walk with her.

Elderly neighbours 80 party so went round with H and champagne and card, then went to an Xmas dinner dance with bff and her H, had a great time!

H is having a pity party for himself, originally said he did not want to go to elderly neighbours as he "did not want to sit there on his own". What about the pub every night, golf, football and sport watching at local bars, all on your own? And what about the fact H left me on my own all those long lonely times! No more H, I am off to GAL, because I am having a great time.

To start with GAL was hard and I felt lonely and sad, no more, there is the odd moment, the last dance and other mushy stuff, but generally I leave or find a loo, or go look at the stars before that happens.

There is sadness in my life about H, but I let it flow and pass. I feel it, acknowledge it and let it go.

Tooth hurts again today, nethers ok, but tooth hurts. Why can't everything be ok together? Grrrrr.......

But at least I have pain killers. Started a pro biotic course yesterday will do intensive for 14 days. Yogurt, yogurt, yogurt too.

House cleaning, etc today, going to be a domestic goddess then my marathon film afternoon. It's going to be enjoyable, quick pasta to cook. I am going to claim my space again, this will become a happy busy house with visitors and life going on. This is my life H now and I will enjoy it.

Busy
Vanilla

Last edited by Vanilla; 12/14/14 10:15 AM.

V 64, WAW

R
R
Hi vanilla. You seem such a strong person and your advice to others is great.

I don't have any words other than keep on keeping on. I so wish my W had half of your strength Your H seems to be oblivious to your feelings and I hope he realises what he could lose if he carrys on in this vian.

Keep the PMA and enjoy what's left of your day. Rd

rd500 #2517256 12/14/14 10:28 PM
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
RD thank you for the lovely words. I am strong until I go to mush!

Well today was interesting.

H was gone to golf before I woke this morning.

I did some shopping and picked up friend for afternoon and evening film.

H had objected to my film afternoon but he went to watch in his bedroom where there is sky. Then sulked did not come down even to say hello.

Cooked pasta and took him some, he said that he didn't like it so didn't eat it. All my guests had two helpings so couldn't been that bad.

Made wassail cider.

H has then gone drinking.
Wore my Xmas jumper.

I have reclaimed my space, watched two excellent films (hunger games). Had good food, spiced cider, minced pies and coffee. Good company and fun. Lots of GAL points.

It is now very clear to H that I have dropped the rope.

Another couple of months and I will be preparing for LRT.

I want my share of the house space. This house will come alive again and there will be GAL and laughter. I will not be refused in this. Sulky, unhappy H can do the same if he chooses. I have told him this and I believe he knows he can.

Next I will have a dinner party.
H was actually well behaved even if absent.

Conversation this afternoon

H: you went out to a dinner dance? (Last night)
Me: yes
H: you didn't mention it?
Me: no
H: oh
Silence

I will be stronger, no marshmellow moments.
Vanilla

V 64, WAW

J
J
I hope you had clotted cream to go with those mince pies

as always your positive attitude and commitment to GAL is most impressive - you blow most of our points totals out of the water.

I imagine it must be quite disconcerting for your H

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard