Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I have tons of people who won't think twice about writing a quick note or email, but, for whatever reason, won't be able to come to court. It's better than nothing right?

Question:

My atty says that letters from friends and family won't be of any use because it's hearsay. However, I have a ton of people who would be willing to write down their observations and support over this period of time after Matt left. I could use my reporting skills to gather this info and organize it and get it to my atty.

The chances of getting these folks TO the hearing is unrealistic.

Does anyone have an opinion on how much letters to the judge will help/hinder my case? I can't see it hurting me any.

I mean, I have the teenage student who helped me countless times with firewood and so forth, but I refuse to ask a 17-year-old boy to testify for me in a hearing.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
L
I suspect they won't do anything good or bad. A witness can be cross examined during a trial. A letter cannot.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
What if the letters list work done by each person to show that I used the tools to repay these individuals for work completed on our home. Work that was needed.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
D20 is flipping. And, it's bad. She hit D12 last night.

I demanded she got to a meeting today. Now, she is flipping out because she wants to go to Slippery Rock to visit her friends. I won't allow her to take my car.

Haven't made the rent payment or the car payment yet. Have to contact the rental manager and let her know what's going on.

Had a phone meeting with the perfectionist editor this morning. He knows now about the D and the hearing and the pressure I am under. He was obviously concerned I was bringing drama to the paper. Wanted to know if I brought D12 to NY without her father's consent.

Don't know if I can do all this guys.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Oh, and perfectionist editor went after my organizational skills.

The best Atta Boy I got was for making some improvement and he liked the front page pics.

He was upset, however, that I allowed a woman dressed as Mrs. Claus provide a quote in my Public Forum and I added her name as Mrs. Claus, North Pole.

Like, sure, I will crush the faith of a bunch of little kids who met her at the public event and reveal her real name and address. WTF? He said it was unprofessional.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I seem to remember a famous editor to who told Virginia that there was indeed a Santa Claus.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Quote:
Don't know if I can do all this guys.

But, I'm still doing it.

Even after I told D20 to keep her voice down...that's all I need is for the police to get called because of yelling. She kept it up.

I may need to tell her to leave. No meeting, no place to live.

L
L
Were the tools something your H had before the marriage or something acquired during the marriage? My quess is the tools are moot. I am guessing H does not have pictures of the tools or even any documentation to show he even owned or had the tools. Your lawyer can ask for him for a list of the tools andto provide proof that the tools even existed and even infer that H may be just padding things for his own benefit. You can also claim he moved out, did not return for the tools, or even show any interest in them after he left. You assumed he abandon them and you used them as barter material for getting house repairs done. I think you can list the house repairs done and who did them and what you bartered for the work.That will be about as effective as a letter.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
M
M
Hi Heather,
You know I feel tense and stressed just reading your posts! You must be so stressed right now. So nice of Smokey to give you such a great gift for the holiday season. If it helps, you're not alone. My W is doing much the same. Now I don't even have a lawyer and no money for a new one!

Sounds to me like D20 is also stressing and now doesn't have her "stress reliever" (alcohol) available. She is new at the sober thing, Heather. I think you're right that she needs a meeting! Sorry to hear about her hitting her sister. I hope she's OK.

You can handle this Heather. Just roll with it. You can and will find the way through this. Just think, once this is done, you are never going to need to worry about Smokey hurting you again. You will be able to be independent, without the sword hanging over your head! That makes it worth the pain! And it looks like Smokey has the same name as me, I hate that! Rest assured, not all us Matt's are bad guys!

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks guys! I love my surrogate hubbys. It really helps to have a man's input.

Ick. I'm wading through these text messages and seeing how insecure I was. Ewww. I really drove a few nails in this coffin by squeezing so hard.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard