Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
He was turning nice again around Oct. 2012..that's when I started here. He had a serious drug infestation and was coming out of it slowly...

He admits to the drug use.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
He did a lot of his really despicable stuff before that. IDK.

Maybe it's too much?

I was thinking I will go through and highlight the important stuff and make some notes.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

job Offline
What he's trying to do is find out what you are making in the way of a salary and what your benefits are. To do so, he would need to have some info from your employer. He wants to see what you put on your application for employment and salary, but job reviews and your complete personnel file? You've only been on this job 2 months and you certainly won't have much in your personnel file just yet, but he's looking for anything he can use to keep from paying you support. He's also trying to find out what they offered you in the way of benefits and promotions, again trying to find data to keep from paying you support. But here's the thing, if you put down your homeschooling experience and what you made, it's going to show that you didn't make a lot of money in the past. But he could have gotten all of this from your income tax data for past years, but to go to this great length for a period of a couple of months is questionable to me. You could have provided a couple of pay slips that would have most of the data on them for your new position.

Are you sure he subpoenaed the information? How did you find out he did that? They certainly aren't going to have much on you. But, this may explain why the questions about your job when he was being nice to you, especially when he inquired about the papers you were responsible for not more than 3 weeks ago.

In my case, I provided my most current pay slip, as well as my income tax data and that was it. But it was part of the discovery info and certainly not subpoenaed.

In some cases this is normal, especially if the party thinks money is being hidden, etc. But, in your case, I think he's trying to prove you are making more than him and doesn't want to pay spousal support or wants to figure out how to get out of paying the specified amount for child support.

Please do not think of him as being friendly because he's lonely or missing his family...he's not. He's been a snake in the grass and he knows that if he acts friendly and interested in your life, you will answer his questions. No more! Do not give him any info about what you are doing. If he contacts you about the girls, that's another story, but you need to be very careful what you give him. As you can see from what's being asked for, he's been fishing since you left Ohio.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
It's a subpoena to the Records Custodian of Johnson Newspapers.

Asking the following documents are sent to his attorney...

Says the information was supposed to be there yesterday.

No one at work has said anything. There are 7 items.

J
J
It isn't so much "him"..

It's his attorney....
Good attorney's look at every avenue. His attorney is advising him and he is just letting the attorney do his job..
That's why this attorney gets big money..... He goes for the jugular....

Justin Credible
K
kml Offline
K
Yeah, well, he'll be disappointed when he discovers you don't make much, won't he??? lol

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
HA! The joke is on him!

job Offline
I'm sure the information that they have asked for is being kept confidential and only a few have knowledge of the request.

He's going to be very, very disappointed when he learns what you are making. You got a new car, you moved, you got a nice place and then you told him about the two papers that you were working on. That was just too much for him to digest and he thinks you are making a large salary, but he's not thinking that you are just starting out and it takes years to get to the top.

Well, it's not your party, so if the documents aren't there by a certain time, that's their problem to get them. Don't you lift one little finger to help them get those documents.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline
K
Do, however, bring a copy of your paycheck stubs with you, in case the judge asks for confirmation of your income when you're there and they haven't gotten the papers from your employer yet.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Ellie, if you have minute catch up on today's thread and give me any tips you may have on the stuff I'm working on.

Cell phone records from the girls?

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard