Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
...foolish when all was said and done. He was a joke. King Arthur rode off into the sunset.

Quote:
Goals:

1. Put God's Will First. Trust God. Focus on each day as it comes and Take Joy! from each day.
2. Live proactively as opposed to living as a reactionary to life. "As I think, so I will become in my actions." I need to plant the seeds for tomorrow. I want a tomorrow that is calm, cool and collected...Intensive application involves planning and thinking ahead. Leaving room each day for spontaneity which is a natural part of who I am.
3. Take care of my health (mental and physical).
4. Give my kids the things and time they deserve without DOING for them things they should DO for THEMSELVES.
5. Enjoy the contentment with my life that comes from working on the first four goals: travel, fun, friends, family...TAKE JOY!

Specific Sub-Goals:
Create and follow a reasonable spending plan. Track my expenses daily.
Earn at least $60,000 per year by December, 2015...or sooner.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2514151&page=1

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Question:

My atty says that letters from friends and family won't be of any use because it's hearsay. However, I have a ton of people who would be willing to write down their observations and support over this period of time after Matt left. I could use my reporting skills to gather this info and organize it and get it to my atty.

The chances of getting these folks TO the hearing is unrealistic.

Does anyone have an opinion on how much letters to the judge will help/hinder my case? I can't see it hurting me any.

I mean, I have the teenage student who helped me countless times with firewood and so forth, but I refuse to ask a 17-year-old boy to testify for me in a hearing.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Matt wants this house GONE. This has been one of his biggest issues. He hates the reminder of this house and the payment and the strain on his finances. Everything about this house is a big ZERO as far as he is concerned.

I also know that he has spent money to make it pretty for sellers and sounds like he worked hard and put some cash down on improvements.

I can't tell you how much he wants this house to just go away. He sees it as a monument to his failed projects, failed relationships with the girls, etc...

He would do ALOT to get it GONE and get it gone fast.

I HAVE to sign off on it in order to make it go away.

I'm sure he is borrowing from Peter to pay Paul in order to keep up his expenses right now. He DOES NOT WANT ANOTHER MORTGAGE PAYMENT.

Period.

Why can't I ask that all the rest of this get settled peacefully without all the conflict and I will sign on the dotted line in a timely fashion.

In addition, I know from the realtor that this sale is set to go through without a home inspection. That means it will go through fast.

What does Smokey like? Fast and easy resolution of problems so he can get back to his life.

Why can't I ask for something from him. A settlement.

Last edited by LoisB; 12/05/14 04:37 PM.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I sent the above to my atty to just ask the question.

W
W
Heather,

Ask your attorney to have the sale proceeds placed in an escrow. Then you and Smokey can split it. This way, it protects your investment and Smokey cannot just take off with $6k in his pocket.

You cannot just hold up the sale of the house because you want other stuff. The other stuff will be addressed at the Dec. 15th hearing. You and your L can drive a hard bargain at the hearing or after for other items that Job and Ellie covered in earlier posts.

If I recall correctly, Smokey cashed out some serious cash that should have been split 50-50 with you. For the escrow account, it just parks $6K there for the time being. If Smokey cannot cough up your 50% of the cash, then I would ask for the full $6k to compensate for that loss.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
OMG

The realtor sent the docs to me again. TEXTED me.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Help.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Can't I text Smokey and say, "Make me a reasonable offer and the house goes away?"

W
W
Originally Posted By: LoisB
OMG

The realtor sent the docs to me again. TEXTED me.

What are the documents exactly?

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
The docs that say I approve of the sale so it goes through.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard