Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
D
D
Well said, Little! I like that about he has to choose you. I think that sounds like a great thing to keep in your pocket for those low PMA days.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
L
Little Offline OP
OP Offline
L
A friend of mine I haven't spoken to in a long time sent me a text. I replied in detail, it was very long. It was all about what I want in a partner and blah blah blah.

It ended up getting sent to everyone in my contact list because I wrote it on my iPhone note pad and then screwed up sending it as a text.

Which means BF got it.

I am so mortified and angry and I'm crying at work in mortification. Shoot me.

ME: 38
BF: 40
T: 10y, no kids, no M (by choice)
BD: 7/14/14, BF admits to PA, wants out, lies about new R.
10/1/14: I move out, BF lies about move in with OW
12/4/14: OW confronted, reveals all the lies
M
M
Sorry to hear what happened. Did you mention what your situation currently is in the email?

Another good reason why it's said not to let everyone know about your sitch.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
L
Little Offline OP
OP Offline
L
It didn't mention BF at all. It just said that "I feel that X, y and Z" make a good, healthy relationship. And then I said I was working on me because I want to be the best me I can be. But it was long, because I'm verbose.

BF responded, because apparently not having an iPhone sent him like 16 texts. I apologized, explained, and he said not to sweat it, that if you don't know me intimately it looks like it's a text about nothing important, no big deal. He said it made his pants vibrate a lot, that was all, and I said, "Should I send it again, then? LOL, just kidding." He thought that joke was funny.

QUICKLY GOING BACK TO BEING DARK AGAIN! UGH.

Now others are starting to chime in (no one's mad thus far) and I'm apologizing left and right for the mistake.

What a day. frown

C
C
I'm really sorry to hear that, Little. Look at it like this: It's out, nothing you can do to take it back. Im sure you're very embarrassed, but it's not the end of the world. It sounds like a very personal text, but was there anything truly embarrassing in it? If it was about what you want in a partner, that's the kind of thing you would post on an online dating website, so something.

Just think along those lines: Face reality and look at the positives (or at least put the negatives in perspective).

Me 38, WAW 30
D11 (former marriage)
S2
T 8 years
M 3 years
BD 8/20/23
S 8/20/23
L
Little Offline OP
OP Offline
L
No, I guess there's nothing I TRULY need to cringe at. I'm just so mad it happened and upset BF saw it. But he seems to be taking it well, so maybe I can relax.

M
M
Did he respond to you about it?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
L
Little Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Yup!

Originally Posted By: Little
BF responded, because apparently not having an iPhone sent him like 16 texts. I apologized, explained, and he said not to sweat it, that if you don't know me intimately it looks like it's a text about nothing important, no big deal. He said it made his pants vibrate a lot, that was all, and I said, "Should I send it again, then? LOL, just kidding." He thought that joke was funny.

QUICKLY GOING BACK TO BEING DARK AGAIN! UGH.

L
L
Oh no poor Little! That bites. How embarrassing. But yeah it sounds like it wasn't that bad of a text or too much personal information. And I think BF replied in a friendly way and you were able to joke it off. So that part of it shouldn't be too embarrassing.

We all have these moments where we make a mistake. At least it wasn't worse, where you were complaining about someone or accidentally sending out your BF's naughty video to everyone you know. laugh

Hope your day improves!
Hugs!

G
gan Offline
G
Oh man, Little, I am sorry for the way things unfolded today. Freaking technology! I read a fabulous quote earlier by someone on these forums…

Originally Posted By: Little
I'm proud of my ability to survive through hard stuff. I can take care of myself and be independent, no matter what comes my way. I am so resilient and I don't give myself enough credit for it. I LOVE myself and my personality and I'm proud of me.

Now THAT is a woman only a fool would leave. You'll bounce back from this little mixup. You know you will.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard