Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
M
M
Shining. My girl! First, the Dave Grohl scenario... I dig it.

Quote:
A part of me still blames me.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Slow down, tiger. I get it, I really do. But, I think if I said that, you'd punch me in the face if you could reach me.

Let me be a little more graceful. You know, tact is my middle name (Or is it attack... nope... that's not it.) OK, so to find some grace and tact, I have to look elsewhere.

OK, so.... drumroll..... my fried, AJ says...

Quote:
At some point, you'll absorb the fact that it's not your doing. You could have been "perfect" (and probably were/are) for him. I'm not saying you are perfect - nobody is - but for him, likely. You didn't cause this. You can make it worse by pursuing, blaming, etc. But you can't make it worse by doing what you need to do for YOU. And for your kids. That's on him, you are just reacting to enforce your boundaries. What he does with that is his to deal with.

Case in point, Shining. XH said straight up tonight, that I didn't do anything. He does not even know why this happened. He was pretty confused, but is fully aware that it wasn't me. And I can assure you, that it ain't because of my pores either! See what I'm saying, dear.

Dems be blowin in da wind. No direction nor clue. Looking for the next thing they think will make them feel better.

You're my girl, Shining. I wouldn't lie to ya. It is his major loss... you are truly amazing. Irreplaceable.

U
U
Veeeerrrrrryyyyy funny, T. All I ever need is a stool and a bat. Just sayin....hee hee. smile

T
T
Bring it on, darlin'

Just sayin'

wink

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Wooooooo!!!!

Thread fight! Thread fight! Thread fight!

laugh. laugh. laugh.

T
T
She knows I love her to death. Stool and all, it's kinda cute, and dodging those bat swings? Priceless training opportunities.

wink

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

U
U
Love you, too, T...but you do know Im from Brooklyn, right? We aim to hit and we keep going until we do. Hee hee.

D
D
Oh my I needed that laugh- thread fight- love it!! I probably look very weird laughing out loud while I'm by myself at a table for lunch- but whatever!!
I decided to take a "me day" and I'm enjoying it!

So Shining- that whole still blaming ourselves- I get it. But I've also figured out why. Many of us are fixers, and I remember reading on your thread somewhere that everything you wanted previously- you MADE it happen! I am that person too- I don't fail. Probably a result of unhealthy perfectionistic tendencies that I think will protect me from being disapproved of or abandoned, but hey, what perfectionist isn't messed up???
It s¥ck$ donkey balls but we can't perfect our way through fixing them and we couldn't perfect our way from preventing this either. I love AJs quote above.

Don't be so hard on yourself! ( said to myself too as I need daily reminders).

Me 41 H 40
M 20 T 23
S 19,16, 8 D 13
BD1 dec 2012 not sure going to work
BD2 sep 2013 seeking a D
Filed oct 2013, D Feb 2015
Life is about daring greatly, about being in the arena- Brene Brown
C
C
^^^ AGreed ... My name is Cali and I am a Fixer ... lol

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

U
U
Oh and T2, not sure our mutual friend will appreciate you calling me by his nickname for me....just sayin...:)

T
T
hahahahahaha!

Had to sneak that in there at least once... smile

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard