Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
B
B
Glad to hear about your job prospect.

Don't expect anything from TG family style. Your W is so far gone in her MLC, the end of the tunnel is not near - from what I can see. She is so selfish and she does not see what she is doing to her family she only sees her decisions as saving herself.

Keep the focus on yourself and your kids. You might also try to engage with her less and not include her in details of your job search.

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

L
L
Best of luck on Wednesday, Matt. Things have a weird way of working out -- they come your way just when you really need them to...

Me 53, XH 57
M 20 (+1.5) years, no kids
BD June '13
H moved out July '13
Confirmed long-suspected PA Feb '14
H filed for D Nov. '14
D March '15
M
Matt165 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the kind words everyone! It means a lot knowing you are all are there backing me up!

Had a great weekend with the girls. D19 and her BF came over last night late just to visit and her sister me and them stayed up until 3:00 AM laughing and having fun. D14 really misses her sister and I'm so glad they got the chance to spend the time together. I made breakfast for everyone this morning and it just felt so right. W is visiting her father this weekend so I'm taking D14 back tomorrow instead of tonight. It's just so sad all that W is missing out on by doing what she is. D19 is still so angry at her mom because she keeps telling her how wrong she is living her life, how she should or shouldn't do this or that, how she tells her to come live with her and refuses to be a part of her life unless she does what SHE wants her to do. I swear she's angrier at her mom than I am! That is between D19 and W. I hope that they can work things out but I can't do a thing to help that happen.

So, 3 days until my follow up interview. I really think I got this!

T
T
Hey Matt. My sons are older (youngest 19), but you know what? I too have started to realize how much XW is missing out on. I get to see my sons everyday. Her relationship with them has been reduced to text messages, Facebook and an occasional lunch.

Pretty sad.

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
M
Matt165 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey one and all,
Tomorrow is my big interview day so everyone keep their fingers crossed around 8:00 AM CST! I have now officially had it with where I'm working now. We have moved to a new, tiny office that I share with 2 other people. The guy who was supposed to set this all up (the one who wasted all our money!) really didn't do a very good job setting us up and now our phones and internet aren't working AND he is gone to Jamaica! I MUST get the heck out of here! On the good news front I may have made a sale today that will really help my money sitch not a lot but enough that I will pay the bills until I get started at the new job (if I get it!).

I told a client about my W leaving today. This a first for me. I really haven't talked to many people about it that I know and know me and I just avoid the subject. I just found out his W died a few weeks ago and he is very unhappy and misses her badly. She had been fighting cancer for a long time and just couldn't fight it any longer. When I told him about my W leaving he said that a good friend of his found his W gone and D papers at his house when he got back from the funeral! He said his friend was totally blind sided and his W just said she isn't "happy" anymore. I swear, MLC is spreading like Ebola out there!

My lawyer called again yesterday but I couldn't answer as I was in a meeting. They want to know about a date to meet and "hash out" a final agreement with my W and her lawyer. I thought I had explained that until I get my job sitch covered I can't give them any dates. Oh, well. I just have to call them back and explain once again I guess. Just hard as I can't talk in front of the people I work with about interviews and I'm stuck in the same office now!

Nothing new other than the lawyer stuff on the W front. She got back yesterday from visiting her father and my D14 is back with her now. I haven't heard a peep. Oh, and I got a registered letter from the IRS yesterday that I have to pick up at the post office. Oh, joy!

Just checking in and I hope all is well with everyone out there!

T
T
Good luck Matt!!

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

G
G
I'm pulling for you Matt!!!

It's funny how now that you're so emotionally raw, you have so much more empathy for other people and hear stories about all kinds of things people are having to live through.

There is a quote, something like, "Be kind, because almost everybody is fighting a battle you know nothing about."

So true.

Since my sitch happened, I have met so many people who have had similar experiences.
I've cried and hugged perfect strangers when one or both of us shared.

There is a lot of pain in the world.

We can make it better with what we learn, with what we do, with who we are.

Go get 'em, Tiger! smile

Your Pal,

The Goat Gal

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

C
C
Good luck tomorrow Matt, be confident in spite of what has been going on around you! You have valuable skills for the employer lucky enough to get you.

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
5/13 - "Not sure I meant that"
T
T
Let us know how it went Matt !

smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

L
L
Matt, what happened?

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard