Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
R
R
Originally Posted By: rppfl
Journaling: if you thought my limbo posts were boring, just wait for the S posts. I have absolutely nothing to say. We exchanged a couple of emails yesterday about a birthday party D12 has been invited to this weekend, which is his first weekend with her. All business. And last night H and D12 were face-timing in the same room I was sitting and H asked where "everyone" was. D12 said D16 is in her room, and mom is right here and turned the phone to show me. H said, "hi mom" and I said "hey" and that was the end. Exciting, no?

Rpp,

I just wanted to say that I am looking forward to your posts in the next months detailing your life. You are much more interesting to me than just your interactions with your H.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: raliced
Rpp,

I just wanted to say that I am looking forward to your posts in the next months detailing your life. You are much more interesting to me than just your interactions with your H.

Thanks. You and labug are too kind. smile

When H and I finalized our S agreement, I asked him if he preferred a particular "other weekend" for D12 to visit, assuming the duck had children, I didn't know for sure. The answer was yes, he did have a preference, and so it turns out that this weekend will be his first with D12 at his new place. It also turns out that H is out of town until Saturday, cutting out the Thursday, Friday, and half of Saturday that he will normally have. I originally had something planned for Saturday, but decided to cancel because I would have had to leave early in the morning and didn't want to give up the half day with D12.

I won't be there when H comes to pick her up Saturday, I'll be in the power cage, DL-ing away my frustrations. But I need to come up with something to do on Saturday evening. H will be playing in a concert at church, D12 will be there, but I am not going.

I have decided to go to church Sunday morning so I can sit with D12, and then decline our normal breakfast together. Not sure what kind of excuse I can come up with, though. I will pass on a church social event that I know H will attend in the afternoon, and then take D16 to the Heat game Sunday night.

Two things I want to do are get a new haircut and do a little clothes shopping, get a new outfit that's out of my norm. Those two things should take up some time.

I have no doubt this will get easier as time goes on. But until then, I can always clean something, right?

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
R
R
Hey Rpp,

Are you a craftsy person at all? Having a craft type of hobby that you can pick up and work on any time you have some unexpected free time can be both soothing and productive (I'm a quilter and embroiderer).

Didn't you say way back on an earlier thread that you once considered doing some writing? Now it looks like you might have some time :-)

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: raliced

Are you a craftsy person at all? Having a craft type of hobby that you can pick up and work on any time you have some unexpected free time can be both soothing and productive (I'm a quilter and embroiderer).

Didn't you say way back on an earlier thread that you once considered doing some writing? Now it looks like you might have some time :-)

Well, raliced, interesting question about the crafty stuff. I used to enjoy it quite a bit, one of the things I liked was cross-stitch. H was always annoyed at my cross-stitch projects, said they "took up too much room". The last thing I attempted was a tablecloth for my mom, it was complicated and it was taking me a long time, I had two young children at the time. H continually complained about it, told me I would never finish it, pressured me to give it away. I eventually did. And I haven't cross-stitched since. Maybe I'll look into doing something for Christmas.

And yes, I did talk about writing. You are right, now is the time!

B
B
Clean the heck out of everything. Little projects will present themselves. Things you have been putting off for years. Now is the time to take care of them. Cross them off the list!

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
There's always something to clean, isn't there, bdub? smile

Another day of NC with H. But D16 told me an interesting text exchange she had with her dad. He had texted her, I don't know the exact words, but something to the effect of he loved her and had not abandoned her and he wanted to work on their relationship. She texted back that he had in fact abandoned all of us, what kind of woman (the duck) would (sleep with - she used a different word) a married man and encourage him to leave his wife and kids, and what kind of man would want to be with a woman like that? I have to admit, all that has crossed my mind, although I've never said it to him or to D16 either. She's old enough and clever enough to figure that out. He didn't reply after that. I just wonder how fabulous the duck must be to give up his relationship with his daughter for.

The girls and I went shopping for Thanksgiving food pantry drive stuff together, had dinner, then D12 and I had a basketball game, the last one of the season, a win. Playoffs start Sunday.

I have a meeting I need to get to, hope everyone has a great day.

L
L
It's not about the duck.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: labug
It's not about the duck.

Labug, how can it not be about the duck? Why else would he destroy his R with his own daughter? Had he simply left, she wouldn't feel this way.

In MC, he told me that he never would have done the BD, never would have left, had it not been for the duck. I believe him.

I understand that you are saying he was unhappy before he decided to cheat. I get that. But once he made that decision to actually scr#w the duck, and to leave us all to pursue something with her, then it became about her.

J
J
Quote:
She texted back that he had in fact abandoned all of us, what kind of woman (the duck) would (sleep with - she used a different word) a married man and encourage him to leave his wife and kids, and what kind of man would want to be with a woman like that

Wow! Out of the mouths of babes. You go girl! Rpp, I don't think you need to worry about that one to much in the future, she's got her head on straight. I mean, that is so simple and truthful I am having to sit back and ponder that one in my own situation.

What needed to be said just got said and you didn't have to do it, good for her.

Rpp, I am standing right here beside you today. I may have tears streaming down my face, but I'm standing none the less. I prayed long and hard about your husband yesterday. Stand strong. Your obviously doing something right in your home, look at your daughters.

Have a blessed day.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My D16 has always been older than her years. I've always said that would serve her well someday, perhaps that day has come. But my heart breaks for her that her daddy rock and protector has let her down so dreadfully. Another thing she said to him was that he was not the man she always thought he was. That's sad that a little girl believes that about her dad.

Thanks for the prayers Jefe. I don't even pray specifically for R anymore. I just turn it all over and trust that God's plan for me is better than what I could have come up with myself, that what was meant for my harm He will use for my good. I do pray for my H, though, just not for my M.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard