Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Underdog #2494910 10/07/14 12:44 PM
W
W
And just for the record, God hates no one...God is love!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
whatisis #2494992 10/07/14 04:47 PM
Exactly, Wii. Couldn't have said it better!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2494997 10/07/14 04:59 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Underdog

You go right ahead cheering for the blue men. I'd expect you to. Since I already own orange stuff, I'm good. And the Nats one tonight, so BA should be happier.

BA is ecstatic about last night's game. Doug Fister rocks!!! I'm a huge Doug Fister fan for three reasons. First, he is a fantastic pitcher who is a team player. Second, he played for Detroit and third he's now a National! Now hoping the somewhat tempermental Gio Gonzalez has a decent game tonight. It would be great to tie this series up and bring those Giants back East to play game 5 here!

So my Mom is arriving here on Thursday for a two week visit. She so needs this time away from Florida. I think I have mentioned before that my sister who lives with her is an alcoholic. Well in the last 4 months she has lost two jobs and has attempted suicide once (last week in fact). When she drinks, which lately is almost all the time, she becomes a very verbally abusive and extremely mean drunk. Because she has been living with my Mother for almost 2 years, my mother cannot throw her out without going through a formal eviction process which is costly and takes a considerable amount of time. My Mother has asked her to leave on several occasions and she simply refuses. So as a result, my mother is going to put her house up on the market and move her self even though the last thing she wants to really do is leave her house - but she sees that as her easiest option right now. To say it is a stressful, frustrating and maddening situation mad is putting it mildly to say the least. I and my other sister and brother are pretty much done with our out of control sibling. She has had so many chances to get her life together and all she does is blame others for her problems and refuses to acknowledge her problem. So my mother and I will be discussing her options. I am going to reach out to my sister and tell her she has two weeks to find another place to live and if she doesn't she can kiss any future relationship with me and the rest of the family good bye because I am so done with her. I find it ridiculous for her to force my mother into this type of situation just because she is an addict and wants to drink her self stupid. Argghhh! mad mad

BA

Well, thank you for not pointing out that my iPad autocorrected WON to read ONE. Arrgghhh. I'm on my PC right now, so no editing necessary. smile

BA, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Geo too. I really need to get outside and clean up the last of my hail storm debris before it rains later this week, but baseball might win out. Or would that be laziness?

Gosh, I'm really sorry to hear about your mom's troubles with your sister. I'm sad for her that the easiest way to correct a bad situation is to sell. How did our laws get to be that messy? Especially since she's a squatter and not a renter? Oyyy.

And I feel your pain. I have a heroin addicted brother, and am woefully familiar with how that impacts everyone else. It's not easy. Good luck with your discussion. My experiences haven't been so great - so here's to wishing you a win there too.

Hugs-Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2495038 10/07/14 07:23 PM
W
W
BA, your sister is a stereotypical addict. The addict mentality is "If you had a life like mine you'd drink too!" While everyone else says "If you didn't drink so much you wouldn't have a life like that!" The addict doesn't see it. Why doesn't you mother go for the eviction notice? How could that be worse than selling your home? Has your Mom ever gone to Al anon? There can be good support from people who probably deal with much the same issues. Addiction is so hard to deal with, I'm an alcoholic so I know! I also know that change can happen...it did for me 30 years ago and I've been dry ever since. All the best with it.

whatisis #2495269 10/08/14 12:41 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks Bets and Wii. Wii - yes she is a stereotypical addict and I know that there is always a chance and opportunity for her to turn her life around. However right now she is completely destroying my 76 year old frail mother's life and dragging her down into her self-induced bliss of a black hole and THAT really p!sses me off! Mom has been around alcoholics for most of her life. Her father was one, my father was a recovering alcoholic (sober for the last 10 years of his life thankfully) and now my sister. Mom has gone the al anon route - but what [censored] her into all of this is the love of a mother for her children and the feeling (even though it is wrong) that she is abandoning my sister by taking a tough stand. What doesn't make the situation any better is that she has already lost one child, my brother when he was only 23(due to a brain hemorrhage), and she is terrified that if left alone my sister will either drink herself to death or commit suicide and she can't stand to bury another one of her kids - so I get that. Ughhh. At least she is going to have somewhat of a two week reprieve from all of that down there while she is up visiting me.

So sadly my Nationals lost last night, and I really have no other dog in the fight when it comes to baseball - soooo how about them Capitals!!! grin

BA

whatisis #2495291 10/08/14 02:11 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: whatisis
I'm an alcoholic so I know! I also know that change can happen...it did for me 30 years ago and I've been dry ever since. All the best with it.

Wii - BTW, congratulations on your 30 years of sobriety!! Having watched my father become a recovering alcoholic I do understand how difficult of an addiction it is to overcome.

BA

W
W
I'm addicted to Pepsi Max now...it gets me into less trouble lol.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: BeginningAgain
At least she is going to have somewhat of a two week reprieve from all of that down there while she is up visiting me.

Well so much for a reprieve for my mother. Ever since she arrived last Thursday, my drunk sister has been acting out in ever increasing levels. She has been non-stop drinking. Cops have been over to my mother's house already once because she accused a neighbor whose house she was at on Sunday to watch football of sexually assaulting her, then when the cops came she recanted the whole story. The next night she is complaining that no one believes her and that it actually happened. Then today she is telling us she's going over to the guys house to apologize for accusing him of the assault. Sorry if this is TMI, but I am just exasperated by all of this.

She has been calling anyone and everyone she can think of to tell people how awful we (especially my mother) all are and to relay any negative thing she has ever said about anyone - making most if not all of them up. She is being so vindictive it is sickening. My mother is a wreck and I'm at my wits end. mad mad mad

My mom thinks she needs to go home early to get my sister under control. I told her that's the last thing she needs to do. Ugghhh!

BA

W
W
BA,

I am so sad to read of the ongoing drama-stirring antics of your alcoholic sister. Tell your mother to DB your sister and let her feel the consequences of her own choices without swooping in to "rescue" or "enable" her further.

I feel for ya!

(((BA)))

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard