Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Shining, Mighty, Eric, and Wonka. As always, I do appreciate all of your input and you make me think. And I think I need to think, because I feel a little weird right now. Here goes....

I like men. Most of my friends are men although I have more female friends now than I've had in years. I don't have time to date. I wouldn't be opposed to casual dating. Again, I don't really have time. I'm fine by myself. I did the vast majority of stuff when married and now while I do get tired, I do things at a relaxed pace. No one dies because some towels aren't folded.

I certainly am not to the point of x Mr GB's twitter breakdown although I think I want to know I'm attractive? Or wanted? And please don't think I think I'm Giselle Bunchen cause that I'm not. I do get a fair amount of male attention. I don't really want anything except attention maybe? I don't know. Maybe I want to throw some hot guy down and handcuff him to the bed and have hot sexay times and not speak afterwards??? Did I really just say that? Wtf!!!

I am very physically attracted to this guy I see every once in a while in the lobby of my building. I googled him when I discovered his name and found out he's 10 yrs younger. I think he checks me out but geez I really don't know. I'm totally put of the loop. So in a sleep deprived moment, I joined a dating site. When I logged in, one of the first people that popped up was that guy. He messaged liked my profile and messaged me. I have no idea if he recognizes me and now I hate to be rude but I have no idea what to do. This was a bad idea. I think I should just delete the profile. Some of the things these peeps say is just...,,odd. Perhaps I should look forward to a life of celibacy?

I'm sorry. I'm venting. I really don't know what it * is * I feel I want.

Thanks for this cathartic post. I'm sorry if I offended anyone or sounded looney.

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 10/10/14 10:47 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
S
S
GB,

Quote:
I don't have time to date. I wouldn't be opposed to casual dating.

Ok, cool! Set the upfront contract, salesbaby wink

Quote:
I'm fine by myself.

And THAT^^^^ is how partners are supposed to work. (Or, so I'm told....clearly I haven't experienced it yet). They should enhance the already amazing life you have.

Quote:
No one dies because some towels aren't folded.

I just love that comment. My xh would have not agreed, and perhaps tried to demonstrate otherwise.

Quote:
I think I want to know I'm attractive? Or wanted? And please don't think I think I'm Giselle Bunchen cause that I'm not. I do get a fair amount of male attention. I don't really want anything except attention maybe? I don't know.

Well, YEAH! What with you being human and all?? And, GB, c'mon.... I have no clue what you look like other than the celeb twin... Which says enough.... But I sense you're quite the looker. Own that chit. wink

Quote:
Maybe I want to throw some hot guy down and handcuff him to the bed and have hot sexay times and not speak afterwards??? Did I really just say that? Wtf!!!

Bwahahaha!!!! OMG, you made my night with that. I think I said it in response to your very first post to me...where have you been all my life???

Quote:
He messaged liked my profile and messaged me. I have no idea if he recognizes me and now I hate to be rude but I have no idea what to do. This was a bad idea. I think I should just delete the profile.

Ok...see what ya did there?? You went from sexay beast, and crawled back into a hole, debating whether to withdraw your profile....

I completely understand if this is all too new, or if your toying with the idea of being ready. If that's the case, take your time.

But I have to ask....Why do you suppose you shy away?

Are you talking yourself out of something you might like?

M
M
Originally Posted By: Shining
Quote:
No one dies because some towels aren't folded.

I just love that comment. My xh would have not agreed, and perhaps tried to demonstrate otherwise.

OK, girls. So clearly I'm not the only one who has had my Sleeping With the Enemy moment. I can remember the exact moment. I was opening the windows on the bay window, one on each side. They have the grate thingies (I can't think of what that's called at the moment.), and they always had to be with the center part across the middle- opened halfway on both sides. I opened them, then realized what I had done, and just carelessly threw it up when I realize it no longer mattered. Then I announced, "Oh, that was so 'Sleeping With the Enemy'!" S17 was like, "What?!" I just walked out.

OK, I digress.... as usual. GB, I totally feel you with this!!!!!! Totally! I am getting some of the same thoughts. Although I think I still need more time, I feel the same way as you. With that said, I have NEVER dated! I've been with xh since 17. We would park near the canal and drink beer. So romantic. Aaahhhh... I remember our first kiss....

Well... I don't think I want to do THAT anymore. (Haha... wonder if that's what he did with hww since they couldn't go to either of their houses at first-both were in other r! Haha... and she was about our age then... and xh acts that age again! Haha... I may find humor in anything..)

OK, so, now that I realize that I am hijacking, I will regroup. GB! You are amazing and I know you are hot! I can tell by the way you type. wink And Shining is right on!!

Dang, I wish you were closer so we could go out and work it. Haha! OK, so strut you stuff in the lobby-- that guy is totally checking you out. It will only be a matter of time. I have no advice on how to approach, bc, I am CLUELESS! I grew up with rough and tough brothers. I may challenge a guy to a race or something and think it's cute. OMG... I am in for a world of trouble- and loneliness. Haha! Good thing I'm ok alone, too!

Listen, GB. You will be amazing. Keep your head high, shoulders back, and wear a smile. Be the fun, amazing woman you are. Keep your standards high and enjoy yourself!

S
S
Quote:
OK, girls. So clearly I'm not the only one who has had my Sleeping With the Enemy moment.

Scary you wrote that.... I used the same movie reference all the time, describing xh.... That skiddish feeling, always jumpy.... Movie dang near ruined a beautiful opera song for me, too.

Agh! Sorry for the hijack, too, GB!! (She's busy ownin' her awesomeness....or folding towels.)

M
M
Quote:
Agh! Sorry for the hijack, too, GB!! (She's busy ownin' her awesomeness....or folding towels.)

That's funny.

B
B
Sleeping with the enemy moments

Do you think (pause for drum roll) that we might be seeing a pattern of behaviour here?? Seems like a lot of controlling obsessive behaviours that suggest deep underlying issues . . . .. I had these moments too - there are still things I do with a huge sense of liberation and a big giggle.

I tend not to close closet drawers and doors fully, and do you know - the world hasn't ended (yet) because of this appalling failing of mine

G
G
It's the same as not finding the most direct route and making the quickest time to your destination due to laughing and talking too much and missing the turn.

We survived and make a joke about how my h wore his ar$e for a hat, as his head was lodged so firmly up his butt he would never see daylight.

The world didn't end, me and the bestie were not arrested nor did anyone die. It was awesome.

Oh and I get up what ever damn time I like, it's awesome to sleep in till the crack of 10! Lol grin

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
L
L
GB,

I did, so to speak, the 10-year-younger thing. It was exhilarating and a great learning experience.

We went in with the idea we had no expectations of a relationship. I surprised myself and handled it a whole lot better than I thought I would.

In the end, I did want more. I liked the guy and told him so. There was as strong physical attraction between us. When I found myself wanting more, I was honest and gave him the choice. We still flirt occasionally...he even hinted to coming to NY to visit. But, he is a terrible commitment phobe and I suspect that a 46-year-old, not-yet-divorced woman with a college-age kid and a 12-year-old isn't really what he is after right now at 36 years old.

I wouldn't, however, do things any differently. I had a lot of cautionary tales on the boards about how I could make my life more complicated and so forth. The key is to be very in tune with what you're after.

I learned so much about myself. I learned I'm still damn sexy, desirable, fun in bed and I'm capable of finding someone just as sexy when the time is right.

Just stay honest with yourself and ask for what you need. I discovered that the younger generation is much more comfortable with being clear and upfront about what you are looking for...No games. I liked that. And, I think he learned a thing or two. :-)

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Shining, Mighty, GGrass, Bea. (Hope you are well:-), and Heather. Fr the record, I was the one who did house work although xh used to complain about the way I unloaded the dishwasher. He was welcome to do it himself but alas he apparently wasn't that concerned:-)

So I joined a site about 36 hours ago and I have 185 messages which I'm sure is normal because I'm new. I just kind of scan them and (my profile wasn't flowery-it was very no bs. And funny cause I AM funny:-) if their message is funny I have responded. I have no idea what I'm doing. Seriously.

Heather, thanks for sharing. I'm not really worried about wanting more. I guess in the future that could be an issue although I'm pretty certain I'm only up for keeping it simple. That's why I say I'm not sure what I' m doing. And this is the part that I need to really think about. I have a tendency to get involved with sensitive men. Ones that tear up at the Notebook and honestly have more typically female qualities. Everyone used to say xh was the woman in the R. I don't say that to offend anyone and that is a true reality. I read some sitches on here written by women and it's so strange because I don't understand why they do certain things. They aren't wrong- it's just not the way I think. I want to be clear that I'm not saying this to sound cool or whatever, it's just fact. Heck, it's the same way with my brother. He's much more sensitive. Me and my super logical mind. It's just been pointed out to me by many and well....they are right. That's why I think I'm *trying* to see if I can get the more guy's guy ( whatever that exactly is) attention. I know I subconsciously seek out the more emotional, sensitive men because I lack that I'm working on being a bit more vulnerable. It's very, very difficult and I've got to try- for me.

Anyway, I'm just rambling. This novelty distraction will fade I'm sure. Grrr. A friend of mine is a professional photographer and wants to take pics. We will see. I'll wear my UGA Football Dept t shirt as boudoir wear:-)

Hope everyone is having a great time.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
W
W
Hey GB,

Aren't you a closeted straight?!! cool

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard