Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
E
E
Quote:
Miss GB, you are the best mom and I'm not saying that just because you are funny and pay well". Flattery. Goes Far. With me.

Ummmm….how well is the pay? Cause I just may consider applying. 

Quote:
I laughed and told her that I'm not sure how desirable it is amongst men for a 42 woman with 3 kid and a dark sense of humor to know all about sports.

It actually is quite desirable…stop limiting your life by thinking (on any level) that no one will be interested in someone with 3 kids. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED! I have three myself and found someone that adores my kids. So get those thoughts out of your mind.

Quote:
I thought for a fleeting second "why is he do angry?" He's allegedly in love, does what he wants, when he wants and I've been nothing but pleasant since our one in person conversation in April. I don't ask anything of him. Don't bug him and then realized "wtf am I doing? Why am I trying to figure out why crazy is angry? "

It is normal to ask the question….”why is he still angry”? Very normal. I did that for a while and honestly, sometime I still do, then I have to remind myself that it really does not matter. I have to remind myself to accept that today that is how my ex feels and there is nothing I can do about it. You will get to the place where it really does not matter MOST of the time….Personally, I’m waiting for the day when it really never matters – with kids it is hard (not impossible).

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
W
W
Originally Posted By: Georgiabelle
Oops. I meant yes not lies. Darn autocorrect.

Niiicce save, GB. laugh

saying riight under my breath

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Eric. You can always babysit. The snacks are plentiful too:-)

Ha! Wonka, autocorrect can be my enemy. Speaking of saves-nice save by your Patriots Sunday night. :-) The prognosticators were pronouncing them dead. And then hands were reaching up from the grave.....

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 10/08/14 01:03 AM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
E
E
Quote:
Thanks Eric. You can always babysit.

You're welcome. Ummmm...hourly rate? Is travel included? If I babysit...are we allowed to do all sort of fun stuff I.e. food fight in the house, make a "tent" in the family room, make smores and never clean up?

On a serious note, if you have not tried it yet...try making a tent in your family room. I used to do it with Toria and she loved it. I had to "tack" big blankets to the ceiling...then we would make a nice comfy bed (picture every quilt I had being used)..and we would watch TV in our tent. It was a blast.

Peace,
Eric

smile

G
OP Offline
G
I always try to be as honest as possible. Grrrrrr. I got S11 a phone and I just got the cheapest iPhone ($15). When it arrived, it was the 5c which is better than D9's. I didn't even notice. You would have though we had moved to North Korea!!!! I just got whatever was cheapest at the time so they can text their dad and call for emergencies. Eck. And then s11 starts texting his dad and his dad is just being, well his dad. Saying he was very busy and working late and he's not. It's not my deal but I just don't get how their dad flat out lies to them. D9 said "s11, daddy's lying to you. He just doesn't want to talk." S11 is a bit socially awkward and I just felt bad for the little guy. I just wanted to say to x Mr GB " just tell the kids you and your gf are more important." And of course I would never say a word. I just told S11 his dad was probably busy.

And this is the part I should really ashamed to post. The woman with the SSM wants to have hot sex to release this surge of emotion. I'm not promiscuous so this is not an option. Of course, I have no one to have hot sex with. Such is life.....one day I suppose. Did I really just admit that? Yes I did.

Kids are supposed to go to their dad's Saturday night and D is already saying she doesn't want to go. Kids went to therapy yesterday.

I'm just tired. I've been up since 2. Hate to be a whiny wench. Positive energy to you all!

Great idea on the tent, Eric. We will have to do that after a dance off to the "Just Dance" on the xbox.

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 10/08/14 11:37 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
S
S
Ugh!!! GB! The joys of budget-wise-try-to-be-fair parenting.... I'm sorry you had that battle today. I used to explain it to the kids like the difference between "equitable" and "equal".....it all evens out over time. Different ways, but it does.

I hate the lies, too. And for no reason! It's like they don't even know how to speak in truths.

Ok....SSM. Lol. No shame, no shame. Be proud you have the drive, mama. wink One word. My thread title. That is all. (Unless it needs further explanation, but I'm pretty sure you could google the acronym.)

How did therapy go? I had the same thing long ago...with my kids and xh when they were that age. One of my boys refused to go on the "dad" bus after school one day...it was a mess. I'm curious to know whether the therapist has advice on this.

You're playing "Just Dance"?? Post to youtube!!!! I wanna see!!!! laugh

M
M
All that, GB, ^^^. I so get it. It is crazy to think that they can do this to our kids. I know the frustration and heartbreak. Just keep smiling and being the amazing GB you are. x MR GB- schmuck. x MR GB's gf- waste. In the great words of uR, don't give her your headspace. Nope. Don't do it.

And, girl... no shame in your game! I feel ya!!!!!!! As the total opposite of SSM... It was like daily for me for 20 yrs. My body is in shock. I think I have parts in post-traumatic stress disorder.

Shining- bob... That's awesome.

S
S
grin grin grin wink whistle

E
E
Quote:
Saying he was very busy and working late and he's not. It's not my deal but I just don't get how their dad flat out lies to them.

One of the hardest things to do…is to let go of the natural response to try and “get how” or understand. You may never be able to. Never. Trying to is a waste of energy. Your response “was probably busy” was PERFECT.

Quote:
And this is the part I should really ashamed to post. The woman with the SSM wants to have hot sex to release this surge of emotion. I'm not promiscuous so this is not an option. Of course, I have no one to have hot sex with. Such is life.....one day I suppose. Did I really just admit that? Yes I did.

You should not be ashamed on the contrary you should feel good that you have moved beyond shock and are “feeling”. Part of the process is learning to feel again, figuring out where and who YOU really are. That is not just GB, the mom, the worker…it is GB the women. In order to figure that out, IMO, you need to try new things. Be it hobbies, adventures…and even…exploring your other needs. I am not suggest that you do anything that you do not feel comfortable with – I am suggesting that sometimes, you will need to step out of the comfort zone in order to figure it out. Now that you are starting to come out of the whole shock of MLC, it may be time for you to really start figuring out who you really want to be. Not the person that society tells you to be, not the person YOUR kids want you to be, not the person your parents, co-workers, friends want you to be..NO. who does GB want to be. Oh..and re: the hot sex comment…. Target has batteries on sale – just sayin….

Quote:
We will have to do that after a dance off to the "Just Dance" on the xbox.

I love Just Dance! My fiancé, my daughter and I used to have dance off’s too. FTR, I never won. If you have the “Xbox Connect”…they have a few other cool games that my daughter loved. One of them is a sport game where you can play table tennis against each other – It is a blast to play.

W
W
GB,

I swear that MLCers absorb all thought patterns, behaviors, and actions of new buddies they're hanging out with. As XH's GF is a youngster pretending to be a college student, isn't it too surprising that he likes to wear Spiderman T-shirts and doesn't do "daddy duty" too well as it interferes with his frat-boy ways??!!

As for the sex...all I can say is AMEN sistah! I've been there and know too well about the slippery slope out of neediness. You're human with raging hormones that are apparently in excellent working order. I'd worry if you had the sex drive of Mother Theresa. Did I just say this??!! shocked shocked blush

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard