Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
S
S
Originally Posted By: rd500
Hi all. Today a tough one. Can't t stop think about OM. feel she is moving closer to him as I DB. my W like to think she is an independent person but she needs someone to help and advise. She is selling her car. An old but top model volvo and buying a old much lower class of car. We had the chat about it yesterday and I simply told her to look at a few before she decides. Normally I would inspect the car and pay for it. She seemed to be enjoying looking for the car but came home today and suggested that I sell my old but top level mercedes and buy something similar to what she now has to buy. It seems she is starting to realise that her new lifeay not be without a few downs. I know I should put OM out of my mind but how. We were discussing practicals of her moving out and she asked me if I would start looking for someone else. I asked if that was ok and she told me she would not be happy but would understand I joked I had already meet someone and she burst into tears I think she is in a A with OM. PA / EA but knows life will be tough and is struggling with this. Ws family haves advised her to sort out house before leaving but she said she doesn't care about money and just has to get away. Is this normal ? Any thoughts would be great fully accepted. Thanks.

Well my W is currently happy to sign her share of the equity over to me for zero . Doesn't want to cause me or the kids any more problems or to loose the house.
So to us this is normal . Not sure how much is guilt driven ideas .

Me 40
W 37
Together 22 years
S18
D12
WaW 12/08/14 after affair exposed , suspected for several months
W returned home for 2 weeks to see if can handle family life
After the 2 weeks she has left .
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks south74. Not sure if your W is from Somerset or near. Mine is so maybe it's something in the water !!!

O
O
Originally Posted By: rd500
I would ask anyone on here if they have any thoughts on day to day techniques on dealing with the pain of this.

Hi rd, you may like to check out Resources for feeling better. I hope it helps.

(Not so) Old Dog xx

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you

R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
W. Telling kids tonight she leaving tomorrow. Gonna be a tough night. Already have butterfly's and serious stress. Am collecting old daughter and son at the moment and heading home now. Wish me luck

A
A
Luck!

M: 43 H: 39
D: 14
Married 15 Together 16
BD: 6/2014
S: 8/2014
OW revealed 10/2014
Instigated dissolution 12/2014, in progress
So over it!
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. Kids told. Lots of tears but W told them she will be back most days so they calmed down after 10 - 15 minutes Girls sleeping I their mothers bed to night so that will be good for them. A lot more relaxed now just feel W is not doing the right thing. I know it's right for her or so she thinks. W thanked me for helping to tell kids and I told her she was brave doing what she was doing and she answered that she was proberbly being stupid and not brave. New world now and a scary one. I will be putting a lot of extra effort in to keep the kids occupied over the next few days and hope this will help me too Thanks to all that have read and posted.

M
M
Sorry to hear you went through all of that. What exactly did you tell the kids?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi Mr Bknd. Thanks. W told youngest two, girls that we needed time apart to figure things out. W told them that she didn't want to leave but felt she had to. I reassured then that we loved them both v much and that we would all be happy again no matter what happened. I stayed away from details as the actual news was enough. S15 was told that we needed time apart and that things would be different going forward but we would all be very happy. He did not want to hug W but I hugged him and told him his mum needed a hug so he hugged her. Eldest still to be told but he knows I stressed to all kids that it was nothing to do with them and just a problem between W and me All very sad MrBond and I feel that it's the nail in the coffin for the M. I know that's how I feel now and maybe that might change but I hate that my kids have to go through this. Lots of emotions but strongest one is that I have let my family down. W included

R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. Morning again and feeling down. Kids all seem to be doing ok just lots of extra hugs and half smiles. I just keep telling myself that it will get better with time. Strange how life cN turn around so quickly My kids Are what's important now and I can't dwell on me. First dY of the rest of my life and all that. Sorry had to vent.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard