Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
V
V
Any step is a step, right?

I would take this gesture as simply as you can. It's a gesture. That shows he is willing to acknowledge his shortcomings - at least, somewhat - and that he does have some insight into himself. It shows that he can step up and apologize. It shows that he still has the ability to do things for other people, not just himself.

It's not a date, but did you expect a date at this point? It's might seem like a very small step, but it's still a step forward. Certainly not backward.

M: 31 H: 36
T: 10.5 (not married)
BD: 10/13
S
S
huh. I'm confused. Does he want you to go alone? Is the GC enough for you to take someone else? Wha?

Maybe he's waiting for you to ask him to go with you and arrange for babysitting?

Huh. I like the card and his gesture is HUGE. Like earth shatteringly huge but it's a bit awkward.

I love his words in the card. Love them. You can tell he's digging deep and hoping for a good response from you. A solo dinner though?

I'm lost.

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
C
claire7 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Not a solo dinner. I didn't explain it too well, sorry. It's the kind of dinner where you have to buy tickets in advance-- a pre-fixe menu. So there are two tickets.

It is a big gesture-- (and the very weird thing was that I nearly bought two tickets for MYSELF and a friend TODAY! As an anniversary present to myself. But I didn't -- it's kind of expensive, and I was hesitant to pull the trigger.) In fact, I was out with a friend tonight, GAL, and we were talking about it!

So much for going to bed early tonight!

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

M
M
Claire, You said all hands, but my hands aren't worth anything at the moment. So just know you have my support for what little it's worth.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
S
S
Originally Posted By: claire7
Not a solo dinner. I didn't explain it too well, sorry. It's the kind of dinner where you have to buy tickets in advance-- a pre-fixe menu. So there are two tickets.

Ok, that clears things up a bit but I'm confused by his intention.

Here are two pre-fixe tix to a fabulous dinner. Enjoy. Without me.

Wha?

Kind of a strange message. I don't want to ruin it for you, that's totally NOT my intention, Claire. I'm just so confused by the gesture.

If he wanted to get you something why a dinner for two?

G
G
Claire,

Nice! I would take it that your h acknowledges that it has been a difficult year and he wanted to give you something he thought you would enjoy. Take a friend and have fun:-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
S
S
Originally Posted By: Georgiabelle
Claire,

Nice! I would take it that your h acknowledges that it has been a difficult year and he wanted to give you something he thought you would enjoy. Take a friend and have fun:-)

I agree. I change my stance. It's odd to me but it is a kind and generous gesture. Find a friend, enjoy until your heart's content and laugh. Above all else, laugh.

(((hugs)))

L
L
Originally Posted By: Georgiabelle
Claire,

Yes, this goes along with the last post I wrote here, get a friend and have a fabulous time.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
B
B
I agree. Get a friend and go enjoy it.
If it is that big of a gesture, after the dinner send him a msg thanking him for the thought and gift.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
C
claire7 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the great advice.

Had a busy, mostly good/productive weekend. Went to services by myself (H never made it there with D). It was a very emotional service for me. Much of the sentiments of the prayers, and the Rabbis remarks resonated with me. O cried through most of it.

Something the rabbi said sounded quite familiar... positive actions and thoughts can lead to changed feelings.

Mmm hmmm.

There were a few moments like that where I felt like she was speaking directly to me. And if I'm honest, I think part of why I was so upset was because she said (and we read prayers) that I feel like he really needed to hear. And he wasn't there.

But I can't control him. Only me.

All in all, a fabulous weekend. I pulled off a great little get together Saturday evening for friends and kids-- D helped me get things ready (like..really, actually helped! I love her so much). Then, took her to see a kiddie play on sunday morning with the wife of H's friend-- she has made a point to keep in touch with me and I am so appreciative. So great to spend time with her and her D's.

Still not sleeping well so feeling tired-- of all of this-- today. I was frustrated at my friends who seemed to be so short with their H's. Part of me wants to scream-- do you see what you are doing? Do you realize what can happen? And then I catch myself and remember that not every man walks away. So far I was the only one to be so lucky.

He is such a gd fool.

I'm realizing that as sad as I am about this, in many ways I am much better off now. I am not constantly feeling like I am disappointing him, or worrying whether my husband actually likes me as a person as I did for so long. I put that party together pretty easily and was so proud of myself. My H's anxiety caused us a lot of stress, it still does, and he always blamed it on me.

Such mixed feelings today.

So, another day and another request to change the schedule.

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard