Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
R
R
That sounds totally reasonable to me, but of course, I am biased. You did say one of your daughters has health problems. Does he need to take this into account when providing an environment for her? If so,that might be the one thing I would weigh in on.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: raliced
That sounds totally reasonable to me, but of course, I am biased. You did say one of your daughters has health problems. Does he need to take this into account when providing an environment for her? If so,that might be the one thing I would weigh in on.

D16 is a Type 1 diabetic. There are no special living accommodations necessary for her. He would just need to stock the correct prescriptions for her, etc. but nothing about the apartment itself would be an issue.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: rppfl
Would it be completely out of bounds to say

My opinion on where the girls would be safest and happiest is in our home. Outside that, I have no opinion.

Is that completely out of bounds?

Just bumping this up for more input. Obviously, I'm in a total spin about this......

C
C
Would that response draw him closer or push him away?

I wonder if an honest response like, "you know, I'm not totally comfortable discussing this with you, but I trust that you'll make a decision that will be good for our daughters, given the circumstances."

He cares about your opinion and judgement as a mom. That is a good sign, no?

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: claire7

He cares about your opinion and judgement as a mom. That is a good sign, no?

He probably thinks its a brilliant piece of coparenting on his behalf. Ha!

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
]
Originally Posted By: rppfl
Would it be completely out of bounds to say

My opinion on where the girls would be safest and happiest is in our home. Outside that, I have no opinion.

Is that completely out of bounds
Originally Posted By: claire7
Would that response draw him closer or push him away?

At the moment I really don't care. I am pissed that I am having to think about my kids being happy and safe anywhere else besides their home and I just don't want anything to do with it. Anyone want to talk some sense into me? So far I have managed not to reply at all.

G
G
RPP,

Your h is a grown man. To me, it almost sounds like he wants you to help or your approval. I think," h, I'm sure you will pick a nice, safe place." And then leave it. I (and this is just my opinion) don't think every answer brings someone closer or pushes them away. It's simply the answer to a question. And I hope no one took that as snark. I just believe that everything doesn't need to be so contrived. Your h wants to move out. He knows you don't want this. He is looking for a place and it sounds like he wants you to approve. I dunno. That's why I think a simple response that you are sure he will find a good place is sufficient.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 10/03/14 01:56 AM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
B
B
Would this be an appropriate time to confuse the heck out of him and tell him you trust his judgment?

Good luck. I'm sure you will make the right decision. Choosing not to respond is still a response.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: bdub
Would this be an appropriate time to confuse the heck out of him and tell him you trust his judgment?

Bdub that's what I told him the first two times he asked. Today he asked again. And then reminded me he was waiting for an answer. That's why I'm questioning should I do the same thing again. He's not getting the message apparently.

J
J
I'm with bdub. No response is still a response. I think that is a perfectly acceptable response too.

Quote:
They think that if they are happy everyone else will be, regardless of their hurtful choices. Pure delusion.

I love this, Ahoy.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard