Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
job Offline
Are you planning to shut down your site for your homeschooling?

I'm glad to see that things are finally coming together for you. I hope that your oldest daughter will find a job that she likes, saves some money and can return to school soon.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks Job.

The blog is a freebie. I may keep it up and running for advice and curriculum suggestions. IDK.

My kids have been so awesome. Soooo Awesome.

Electric is ready to go for new place.
Handling Internet/Cable right now. $89.00 per month. That's a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I can make some adjustments.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
job Offline
Don't forget to have your address changed at the Post Office. I think you can do that on line.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Did it :-)

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
Handling Internet/Cable right now. $89.00 per month.

Just get internet. Then get a Roku box and watch Netflix streaming for like $9 a month, or Hulu. You can always add cable TV later if you decide you really want it and can afford it. I have both but we spend almost all our time watching Netflix.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
What does a Roku box do?

K
kml Offline
K
Roku box plugs into your tv, picks up your wireless internet signal, and streams your netflix (or Hulu, or any number of other free or pay channels) directly to your tv. Costs about 60-70 bucks for a Roku box.

So, for instance, a typical night's tv watching at my house - mom and I watch an episode of Monarch of the Glen, a cute BBC series we are watching. Then I might catch up on another episode of Orange is the New Black. Or I might watch a movie on Netflix. Or I might go to the PBS channel and watch the last episode of the Roosevelt's documentary that aired last week. Or I might watch any number of last-year's TV series that are up now on Netflix(catching up on The Fosters ).

Last edited by kml; 09/25/14 05:49 PM.
K
kml Offline
K
BTW, my Roku box is several years old and works just fine, so you may be able to pick up a used one online for cheaper.

K
kml Offline
K
AND you don't need a smart TV to use it - works fine with my mom's 15 year old behemoth, you just need to have a place to plug in to the tv, the red and yellow plugs like you use for a VCR are fine.

M
M
I'm with kml on this one! Between Hulu+ ($5.00 a month) and Netflix ($12.50 a month) and regular TV, there's always something to watch and no cable bill! I hear that Google also has a Roku like thing that works a lot the same.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard