Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
W
wmwb123 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: Drew
And I would add that I recommmend that you stop thinking about this with a certain timetable in mind. There is no timetable. You seem to put a lot of stock in the "most affairs burn out in six months" so "all I have to do is get to six months...."

Throw away the calendar and work on you.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. The MSNBC survey indicated that 65% of affairs end within six months. I've read elsewhere that upwards of 80% end within a year. The reason I'm hoping for the six month figure is that I think our divorce will be over before the year mark since we do not have children.

I've followed two affairs on another forum that ended almost six months to the day, and I've seen at least one on here that was six months. I know that statistics mean nothing. I don't think I just have to get to six months. I just think that all I have is six months. Who knows, though? Maybe the D process will be stalled or maybe my WW will have second thoughts. Working on me is all I can do. I have no control over her thoughts or actions.

M 16 T 17
W moved in w/ AP (OW) 5/14
ILYBNIL 5/14
A discovered 6/14
D papers served via USPS 8/14
Filed my response 9/14
D final 5/15...
M
M
Let me clarify something. Patience doesn't mean that you just sit around and wait for something to happen. You do what you can to better yourself while the WAS is gone. It seems like you're just waiting around for something to happen.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
G
G
^^^^^^^

Yes. And even if the A ends, it doesn't mean she will be hauling booty back to you. You still think there is a magic *bullet* to bring her back. Work on you FOR you. Maybe she notices.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
W
wmwb123 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
No, I don't think there's a magic bullet. I just know that she's not going to even consider coming back to me unless and until she ends her affair.

I've started a new thread here

M 16 T 17
W moved in w/ AP (OW) 5/14
ILYBNIL 5/14
A discovered 6/14
D papers served via USPS 8/14
Filed my response 9/14
D final 5/15...
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard