Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
A
AJM Offline
A
..and you're probably right that something isn't right. But you know what? You'll find out shortly what your instincts are trying to tell you. I wouldn't worry ahead of that.

As for your ex? I suspect he wants a tax write off and SSN checks wink Just a guess though.

Dating. Hmm.. Look at it this way. You go on the date. If it doesn't work out, you go home. End of the story. But I have to wonder if you're quite ready to date yet? You'll know pretty quick I'm sure and I think it's a good way to test yourself.

As for what to talk about? If it's that hard to find something to talk about...go home. End of story. If not, then enjoy the conversation. It may not turn into a love interest, but it could become a friendship.

And Wonka, what's wrong with the Santa-wanting-to-tongue-you thing? It could make for a great Christmas! smile

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
W
OP Offline
W
Good question, AJ. Am I ready to date? I say no, not really. But WTF am I doing going on one? I guess I need to try it and see what happens. I am not ready for romance but I could use a friend to hang out with I guess. I feel better now. I'll think of it as meeting a friend in person rather than going on a date. Less pressure.

So now I have a mouse in my house. I'm starting to feel like Snow White with all these woodland creatures venturing into my home. I don't want to kill it but I don't want it in my house either. Yuk. My dog will be going nuts. So now I have to find humane traps.

So the skylight in my son's room leaks, there is a huge hole in the corner of the bathroom wall, the moisture in the area is horrible, the windows are leaky and the storage isnt the greatest. I think I will be looking for a new place come next spring. I can handle the utilities and rent here but I think I will look for a place that is about $100-$150 less per month and maybe has a garage. I know the mouse deal is something everyone deals with, but combined with the other things I think I need to explore my options. The location is good, but I would LOVE to find something within walking distance of my kids's schools. Choices are slim right now because it's getting to be cooler weather, but after the first of the year I'll put feelers out. Gawd I would hate to move again, but if it's the right place it will be worth it.

WH

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
W
W
Originally Posted By: AJM

And Wonka, what's wrong with the Santa-wanting-to-tongue-you thing? It could make for a great Christmas! smile

I have a frickin' legit excuse, Mr. Bowtie! grin

W
OP Offline
W
Hey everyone...

So I went on the date. It went really, really well. I was soooo nervous but we really seemed to hit it off. We met on Sunday for the football game and lunch. Had another really great time. We are meeting tonight for a movie.

I do like him but I don't want to get involved too quickly. I am looking more for a friend than anything but I do have to admit, it is so different being treated nicely. At first I was really dubious of how genuine this guy really is. I still am a bit gun shy, but taking things slowly and one day at a time. But dating this guy I really see the difference between J and the rest of the world. It really has helped me to detach more and it puts a new perspective on things for me.

In other news, J told our son that any money S makes from refereeing should go to J and J will create and deposit the funds into a savings account for S (with J's name on it of course) and that any monies that are currently at my house from S's earnings should be delivered to J ASAP. Oh he!! to the no. I almost became completely unhinged at that. Then I calmed down and realized J has no control over what happens to S's money unless S hands it over to him.

I don't have any proof that J would take S's money as his own and spend it, but I do not have any trust in that MLC monster. I am praying hard for God to protect my kids and I hope that I am wrong. I would be thrilled if my gut was wrong about this. But I am anticipating a fight. A long, hard and nasty fight. I have my ears perked up about this.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
job Offline
WH,
I'm glad the date went well and you had some fun. What movie are you seeing this evening?

As for your son's money, I hope he's smart enough to leave it at your house, whereby you can open an account for him. At least you will know the funds are safe and sound, if he wants to do this. Then again, your son may opt to keep the money and spend it on himself or a girl friend. BTW, I wouldn't trust J as far as I can throw him, especially when it comes to money.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
OP Offline
W
Hi Job

We are seeing "Let's Be Cops". I hope it's worth a few laughs.

And I think S knows his dad is less than trustworthy. He doesn't want to do this and I told him he needs to be firm with his dad and if his dad insists then his dad can discuss this with me. His dad wants him to get a debit card, but I think he is far too young for that kind of responsibility. Besides, J just wants access to S's money.

And I do not trust J one iota. Not. One. The love of money is the root of all evil and that describes J to a T.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
job Offline
I agree, your son is entirely too young to have a debit card. What does he need that for? Is this a checking or savings account? Something definitely doesn't smell right to me about all of this. Yep, J wants to get his hands on his son's money. He will do anything to get access to more money. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Stick to your guns on this one. Your son doesn't have to do a darn thing w/his money if he doesn't want to.

That movie should be a good one w/some laughs along the way.

Last edited by job; 09/24/14 09:29 PM.
K
kml Offline
K
Surely your son doesn't make THAT much money? Wouldn't a piggy bank be sufficient??

W
OP Offline
W
He made $75 in a day reffing. It doesn't matter how much J will want it. I say yes, keep it in a piggy bank. J is full of bright ideas but he doesn't fool me at all. I am trying to stay calm about it. Every time I think about it I become angry again.

Had a great time tonight. This guy seems really genuine and really nice. He has been a complete gentleman and I have had no red flags go off. It is really funny how well we hit it off. Funny how I never imagined to meet someone so nice. I was just looking for a friend.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
K
kml Offline
K
Nice!!! Just take your time and get to know him. I think most men would look like an upgrade after your ex!!!

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard