Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
S
S
You know, Wii,

I'm finding the cottage rental business to be much like Online Dating. I post an ad on Kijiji. Lots of people contact me. They have their "Feelers" out. They ask about dates & price. I ask "how many" & do they have a dog. Sometimes the emails to back & forth for a couple of hours or a couple of days. A small percentage actually book & send the deposit. Most keep pushing until they find a "Deal Breaker". It can be very tiring. One woman who told me they are a "Professional Couple with a Portuguese Water Dog" emailed me non stop for 2 hours (after a long, hard working day) then messaged "You lost me at "LEASH"! Ummm - we have neighbours and municipal bylaws. They all seem to be looking for that quintessential perfect place at in unrealistic low price that does not really exist. Dream on...

So - everyone in the Online Dating World also has their "Wish List" and their "Deal Breakers" but much like that song "Could he have blue eyes..." Real people, real places - don't always match our ideal. If they exist - they are probably already taken. But maybe if we look at what is offered & look for the good - we can make it work.

Just my thoughts this morning.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Good thoughts! It's so much easier when they just don't reply. It's all so clear then lol. I shall perservere...unless I don't smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Let's compare notes in another month. I swear - it's the same in both worlds.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
It was an interesting comparison, Barb. I hate being judged lol! When I deal with people online I'm always aware of how they might be feeling through the interactions. I spend time trying to think of ways to approach them genuinely and approve of who they've presented themselves to be. I actually work at this. I'm not a "hey baby, you're hot" kinda guy lol (Althought the Adventist woman really is...just sayin'). Maybe this is the Lord's way of helping learn to deal with uncertaintly...I hate it. As I said, a no reply is certainty...saying "we'll see what we can do" and pretending to be interested when you're not and faving me with no message are all uncertainty. You'd think as a professional who's heard it all and knows the nuttiness of the human condition that I'd be a little more conditioned to it...but hey, that's my professional life and this is my personal life. There's a difference. Anyway, happy cottaging!
Btw, I haven't given up on POF, I'm just trying a different tact that may help me hone in on those who share my faith. Oh, I messaged one on POF last night and it said that she only accepts messages from upgraded (paying) members...but she isn't an upgraded member herself. Maybe she thinks paying guys are a little less nuttier than us non-paying...I'm sure we can prove her wrong though lol. We are men, hear us roar with messages too inappropriate to ignore...hey, there's a song in this!

W
OP Offline
W
Hey, Christian Cafe is having a "flash sale", does that mean I get to show off my package for a limited time only? I'll have to play with this for a bit. Anyway, I'm getting lots of looks from attractive women...from Malaysia, the Philippines and Russia. It's a goldmine lol.

R
R
Wii I was just lurking I am not looking but found some funny ones and I thought of you.

"I like watch tv go to gym.I like to go away.Looking for love.he must have car and house.I listen chinese music.Income need more than me 70000.I like eat chinese and janpa"

"NO PICTURE COLLECTORS ! MY PHOTOS ARE HERE AND DONT ASK ME TO TEXT ANY SO YOU CAN PLEASURE YOURSELF . GET IT?!!!"

LOL

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Rick! I actually have a whole file of funny ones I've read over time..."pleasure yourself" that's so much more classier than "choke the chicken" lol.
My bf dated a lady from POF (originally from a country I will not name as I'm sure there are many lovely ladies from there) and she kept bugging him cuz he didn't have a car or a condo...she said "if I told my friends about you they'd say I can do much better" I told him to dump her ass NOW!

W
OP Offline
W
Hey Kat, I just got a message from a 30 year old in Kansas who wants to get to know me...but what will I tell the Malaysian, Chinese, Russian, or Filipino ladies? It's hard juggling such a demanding online love life lol.

W
OP Offline
W
Blocked her! Three messages within half an hour and I hadn't responded to any of them. I don't have patience for the stalkers anymore...even the Christian ones. I'm off to a rousing start.

W
OP Offline
W
OK, next message from another photoless lady "You're cute"...is that the female version of "you're hot"?

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard