Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
Well, I've messaged a new lady. She's 54 (that's ancient for me lol) I like what she wrote...she actually put some thought into it and she looks good in red plastic! She wrote,"I plan to grow old with my partner, and when golden age comes, I still need to laugh with you, so you better be witty and really funny." Wonder if I fit the bill? We'll see...then I'll see whether she fits the bill.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
Hey Wii - hoping you strike solid gold with this one!!

BA

W
OP Offline
W
OK, lady read my profile and has added me to her "favourites" list...but doesn't message me. Huh?

B
B
I wouldn't read to much into that. She just may not have had time to provide you a thoughtful response but by adding you to her favorites she is letting you know that she is interested in you. She'll probably write you an email sometime later today.

BA

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks BA. Yeah, it occurred to me that she's probably saving my profile rather than having to wade through her inbox to find my message again. I guess this means I made the cut...we'll see if I make the practice roster lol. I'd certainly rather have someone make a thought out choice to contact me rather than the knee jerk "I'm interested" with nothing to back it up later that I've often got in the past. We shall see smile

Good luck, Wii! Hopefully she'll write so she can find out how damn funny you really are. grin

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
OP Offline
W
This was my initial message. I thought it was pretty humorous,

Hi there. I hear you're looking for a witty and funny guy and I just happen to know one...me! (Well, I think I'm funny anyway lol). I'll let you be the judge as to whether I'm cute or not smile I enjoyed reading your profile and viewing your photos...you look good in red plastic smile Anyway, I'd be pleased to have you view my profile and if you see the same interesting guy that I do (I'm a little biased lol) then I'd be glad to hear from you...'cuz I'm looking for the elusive Ms. Right. Have a great day.
Whatis
Btw, that's a lovely way to think about sunsets.

She said she was looking for the "elusive Mr. Right" and she'd mentioned she liked looking at sunsets because they mean the sun will rise again tomorrow. She was wearing a red plastic raincoat that they supply you for the Maid of the Mist boat ride...in case you're wondering lol. So, we shall see.

B
B
Thanks for the clarification because I was really stumped regarding the "red plastic" comment! Hoping she writes you back a thoughtful and witty reply! Keep us posted!

BA

W
OP Offline
W
Yeah, I think I'll call her RP Lady here lol...that is, if I ever need to mention her again.

W
OP Offline
W
Well, I guess faving me means that I'm her favourite among all the guys she isn't going to reply to lol! Strange...but not weird in the world of online dating. I've signed up for Christian Cafe with a free 10 day trial. I've found an Adventist lady on there too...I messaged her but she hasn't been on in a while so it's probably a cheeseless tunnel. We'll see how this goes...POF is just making me nuts lol.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard