Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, folks, I feel like I just melted down all over the boards today. Thank you for your patience and input. I do have something to share but it can wait until morning.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
G
G
RPP,

Nothing wrong with a little meltdown provided you enjoyed a little ice cream with it. Your posts have been very insightful today. It will get better:-). Sending you lots of positive energy!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
E
E
I like to think that our meltdowns happen at the same time that we're having a growth spurt.

Hugs, my FL Friend...

(Important question: Gator, 'Nole, or 'Cane?)

M
M
Yes to what MLP said!

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Good morning, friends! Thanks for your support yesterday. I vented a lot of things that I've been denying for a very long time. I think that's a good thing.

Originally Posted By: MLP

(Important question: Gator, 'Nole, or 'Cane?)

Well, MLP, that is an important question. I personally am none of the above, my undergrad is from a different SEC school and that's where my loyalties lie. My S18, however, just finished his second week as a Gator, so if I'm choosing from the above list, that's what I'll go with. ;-)

Yesterday was a pretty standard day all in all. Work, school pickups, volleyball game, basketball practice. H did step up and meet a contractor at the house that I had planned to meet because D16 had a little emergency I had to take care of. After dinner I helped D11 bake cupcakes for a school friend's birthday and we had a good time together.

In the middle of the afternoon/evening routine, though, I checked my email and saw that H had replied to our previous conversation about sharing time with D11. (Heaven forbid we have an actual conversation, let's email everything!) He had originally suggested a week with mom/a week with dad, to which I said no and suggested every other weekend with dad. He totally backed off and agreed to my plan. As a concession, I suggested that he also take her for dinner on Thursday nights and then maybe eventually that could become an overnight also so that when it's his weekend he has a longer block with her. One of the Ls I consulted suggested that schedule and I think it's fair. I would like to take this slowly over the separation period so that if we get to the point of a legal agreement things are already working.

I asked him if he had found a place, and he gave me a lengthy reply as to how hard it was to find a 3-bedroom place in our neighborhood at a reasonable price. Yes, it is. And I don't feel sorry for him at all, we have a large lovely home that he's welcome to stay in. I didn't reply to that portion of the email at all.

All in all, I'm feeling more positive today, happier. I know things come in cycles and that there are more bad days to come. But I'm going to enjoy today.

E
E
You go! Enjoy today!!

And Go Gators! smile

G
G
RPP,

I grew up just outside of Nole land but my degree came from another big school. No allegiance to any of those 3 smile

Sometimes they do seek sympathy. Regardless of how they behave and what they call you, they do know you and think you want to hear their issues. Smile and nod is my response. I offer no solutions or suggestions because well, I ruined his life according to him. Offered no support. Offered too much support. Doubted him. Yawn. You get the pic. That's why neutral responses or no responses frequently work best.

Hope the day goes well!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
E
E
Yawn. (LOL!)

Yes....I need to PRACTICE the neutral response!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

(Not a Gator myself, but my grandfather was a professor there, so....my allegiance to the big school down there is Florida...)

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Today I updated the separation agreement for a few things: child sharing for D11; dropped the provision that H and I needed to schedule regular dates (which he had balked at); and added myself to the provisions regarding dating others. I have no intention of dating anyone else while I'm married, totally not right for me, but I thought I'd move myself into the same category of rules that I've asked H to play by. Since he's having an A, that primarily consists of not exposing the spouse and/or kids to the A, since that's totally disrespectful. No response from H so far.

Heading out to the gym, and then a party for D11's volleyball team.

W
W
RRPL,

What...did you put "dating" in your SA??! Did I read that right? If so, I can see why H balked at that line.

You CANNOT control H.

What you can do is put in a boundary that he cannot text/talk about OW or whatnot in front of you, around the house, or near you.

These two are different things.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard