Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Kat,

I'm here to offer a cyber hug. This has just got to be HARD. No way around it. I like the idea of hypnosis. Have you ever done any release techniques? I used them when my life was completely over the top with stress 2 years ago. They certainly helped me get over my headaches. Especially when all the turmoil was out of my control but affected ME.

I hate to point out the obvious, but since Wii pointed it out to me last summer when I was not communicating very well with my D20, I'll return the favor. smile Because it worked. It's time to use your DB techniques with your son. Go back and read the threads on detaching, work on what's yours and leave the rest of it up to him. (Damn, that sounds easy, doesn't it??)

I think that once you get back in the habit again, you'll find that some of the stress dissipates. Because it's not you who is unwed, pregnant and without a plan. grin I completely understand if you think it's worse that it's not you. I'd be thinking that if it were D20. BUT, part of letting go is... letting go. You're a really good mom.

My former boss used to ask me, "What do you want it to look like one year from now?" I'd tell him and he'd say, "then go make it happen!" Assume the baby will be here and visualize what you want your R to be with everyone involved. I think sometimes that takes the fear out of the middle.

Hugs,

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Oh I could use that hug! Thanks Betsey. I am trying to step back. So for three days I haven't said anything about the situation to my son.

I had lunch with my parents today. We usually get together once a week. I did let them know that s18 changed jobs without even telling me. Funny, my dad said that you can't always live through your kids. Sometimes they do their own thing.

Hmmm, still leaving the big bomb to my kid.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
W
stressful times, Kat. It's hard to know what to do in these situations. I think your son not telling you about switching jobs is a trust issue for you. You wonder what else he isn't telling you. Parenting isn't easy.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
He knew I would be disappointed that he didn't have another job lined up or at least some plan. Maybe at the same time he is trying to break away a bit. Well he is doing that isn't he?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
Wet Offline
W
Hi Kat, I hope that you're excited about starting something new. You write so well that I have to ask - have you taken any advanced writing classes?

And what sort of writing would you like to try? Blessings upon you and your new venture.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I have several things I am interested in. Since I have a psych degree, I think coaching would be a great fit but the classes cost quite a bit which I don't have right now.

I have interests in mystery/crime writing but I have several ideas of different genres. Just so much is going on and yes excuses on my part. Excuses for fear? Perhaps.

I have never taken writing classes but that might be the next step too. Sometimes I feel like the kid, instead of the adult. The older I get the fewer answers I seem to have.

I have felt awful all day. D15 and I see to have picked up the same bug. She was home sick but I went to work until about 4 since I knew my boss would be out of town. Time for bed and hopefully feeling better.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Kat,

D17 gave me and her dad something nasty she picked up from school. We're all congested and sneezing with drippy noses. I can't give her Benadryl, but I've been taking it since Saturday and it is truly helping. Good luck!

Hope you're feeling better pronto.

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I stayed home today. I just felt sick. Congestion,coughing, tired from not sleeping well the last couple of nights. Figured it was better to take the time to get better rather than keep pushing myself like I normally do.

Time for hot tea.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
W
Feel better, Kat. There's a similar bug going around up here too. Sorry about your Chiefs Sunday...my Giants s2cked even worse though lol. Enjoy your tea!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks, I just woke back up a little while ago. Tea helped, I will need to get some more. I don't know why the chiefs got rid of their kicker. He helped his new team beat us.

I think after I pick up the girls, I will go back to bed. I hate how wiped out I am when I am sick.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard