Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
M
M
BTW, Pilot, that wasn't meant to be a slam on where you are AT ALL. It was just my off-the-cuff thought in response to your observation about divorcing with kids. Hope you read it that way...

And yes, I read EVERYTHING 25 says, because there's always a nugget in there I need to pay attention to. The vets here are such a gift, helping us learn to see the world from a new set of lenses than the ones that got us here. I hope they can feel the great karma they're earning for themselves.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
S
S
Originally Posted By: Maybell

And yes, I read EVERYTHING 25 says, because there's always a nugget in there I need to pay attention to. The vets here are such a gift, helping us learn to see the world from a new set of lenses than the ones that got us here. I hope they can feel the great karma they're earning for themselves.

I agree! The wisdom seems so deep and so great that I feel like everytime they type I need to take notes!!!

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
P
pilot Offline OP
OP Offline
P
W did not come to the beach today. She sent me a text early in the morning saying she had a lot to do unpacking and getting stuff for her place and getting it ready for the kids today. No big deal. I went anyways with the kids and met with other friends who have kids my kids play with. We had a great day. W was texting me through out the day asking how the beach was and stuff. I just sent pictures of the kids playing in the water. It was getting close to the time she was going to drive down to get the kids. I told her we were having such a good time that we would be a few more hours and I would just bring the kids to her and drop them off. She said ok. A little while later she said if I wanted we could meet somewhere and the 4 of us eat dinner. I said sure. I got the kids cleaned up and we went to meet her. I was dressed pretty sharp like I was headed out on a date. She was tshirting it. The kids were asleep in the car when we got there and she was worried they would not wake up to eat. I told her it was ok, because I could not stay long anyways. She seemed a little confused. We got our food and instead of keeping a conversation going, I did what she did so often which drove me f'ing insane. I picked up my phone and looked like I was texting someone. I was reading, smiling, even a few light laughs. (if nothing else a total 180 for me because I never interact over the phone with anyone in a restaurant, unless it is business and it is brief) She just sat there quiet. She made a mention about the kids not really being completely awake. I said very cheerfully, ok we can go. I got up and we all went out to the cars. We put the kids in their seats and I unloaded all the kiddos stuff from my car to hers. Her car was packed and we ended up standing right in front of each other. Before she could say or do anything, I said since next weekend was a holiday weekend, she can keep the kids through Tuesday morning, and I would pick them up from school that afternoon. (we had actually not discussed custody arrangements since she got here) She said ok, and I said great, I will see you in a little over a week. I smiled really pleasant and went to my car. My oldest son called me back over and asked if he could come visit me this week. I told him he could do whatever he wanted. he has been asking lots of questions lately.

Anyways, I got back into my car and picked up my phone right away as if I was anxious to read something from it. She noticed and drove off. 45 minutes later she sent me a text asking if I left one of their lunch boxes in my car. I said no i put both in her car, and she replied ok, maybe it is still in mine. 15 minutes later she asked me where his library book was. I told her. 20 minutes later another text asking to take apicture of some instructions for my oldest sons project this week. I guess I need to answer, so I will use my dad's phone to take the picture and send it. She does not need to know I am home and not out somewhere.

Oh, and the stuff I was reading on the phone during dinner.... the DB forum. Haha, the irony...

Whoops, I forgot to hit submit. Anyways, I just got back from having a few drinks out with friends (decided to go out anyways..) and I got a couple more texts and questions of mild importance.

Me: 42
W: 32
Married 7 years together 8.5
S1: 7 S2:7
Bomb #1: 09-16-13
Recon #1: 11/13
A discovered 04-03-2014
W filed D 05-19-14 but never served me
I filed D 12-02-2014
S 05-31-14
Divorced 5-19-16
C
C
That is too funny! Seems like nothing motivates women more than jealousy! Wishing you luck with your WAW.

What kind of airplane do you own? My parents used to own a Piper Comanche when I was a child. Been seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on purchasing a set of plans for a Cozy MK IV. Wanted one of those for years but never had the need for such a distraction until now...

Me37, W30, S7
Married 10yrs 05/11/04
ILYBINILWY 22/09/13
Disc. OM1 26/09/13
Disc. STD from OM2 03/02/14
Affair Confession 21/06/14

W and I share same apartment (for a few more days).
W isn't pushing for D.

I
I
Yeah that's funny because when my WAW and I were hanging out here a couple weeks back I would see her out of the corner of my eye looking over trying to see who I was texting. It was my lady friend. That's usually when she says something like..."it's really great some other woman gets to reap the rewards of my work. Be sure to tell her that I am partly responsible for the man you are now."
As if I'm ever going to tell LF.."oh by the way, my ex wife wanted me to tell you that she is partly responsible for the man I am today." I can only imagine the look I would get relaying such a weird message.

ME: 43 W:44
M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
D papers served 5/5/14 (how appropriate a date)
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
Our marriage ends 11/17/14
S
S
IH, if you don't mind sharing, may I ask what state you live in that your D was granted 2 months after served papers?!

p.s. I love how your wife wants credit for making you into such a wonderful man as if you couldn't have managed that on your own at all.

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
P
pilot Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Haha IH, yea, that would not be a good conversation to have with LF. My W has never made any mention of changes other than compliments on physical appearance/new clothes/cologne type things. I do not think she really cares who gets me next. Hah.

A discovered 04-03-2014
I filed D 12-02-2014
S 05-31-14
Divorced 5-19-16
I
I
Hey SS, I am in MA. Keep in mind we filed a "no fault" divorce...and there were no assets, kids, cars, etc. Just the two of us, two cats, and an apartment...and we weren't fighting over anything. So that sped up the process I think.
We filed June 27...had hearing July 17...and yesterday the nisi doc came saying we are married until November 17. This was why WAW kept telling me she was shocked the court date came so quick. I was too! Yeah it's funny that WAW said that about me changing and wanting credit...it was really reading DB twice and reading advice here that made that happen...otherwise I would've been a blubbering, sobbing, pleading mess around WAW otherwise. I guess she feels like since she walked away that that's what prompted these changes she's wanted all along. She has expressed displeasure many times that the changes were made after she left. I just tell her they would've been made even if you stayed.

Oh I don't know Pilot, my WAW acts like she is happy for me to have LF. She even goes so far as to say "maybe you'll fall in love with her!" As if she'd be happy for me. I don't believe that for a minute, I just think WAW knows she's at a place now where she either has to change her mind or let me move on. I don't believe that about your WAW either, I'm sure she cares and would be jealous of a new woman in your life. It's only natural that someone wants to critque their replacement. My WAW asked a friend of mine who met my LF at a function all kinds of questions about what she looked like, her personality, etc.

Last edited by ItHurts; 08/27/14 07:52 PM.

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
P
pilot Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I am sure you are right about our Ws having at least a tad bit of interest/jealousy in any new LF we might have. I suppose it is only natural as I am sure we would have the same feelings. Probably stronger due to the fact our of lack of control of the entire situation.

A discovered 04-03-2014
I filed D 12-02-2014
S 05-31-14
Divorced 5-19-16
I
I
Yeah but make no mistake, if WAW decides she wants you back I don't think a LF will stop her from trying. I am basing this off something my WAW told me...she said if she decided to reconcile that she would contact me and ask me how serious I am with so-and-so. I told her that would be a pretty gutsy move on her part but that's what she said she would do. I just think now another woman in the picture with a WAW puts them in a place where they feel pressured that they need to be sure they are making the right decision. I don't know for sure that's how your WAW is but I know that's how mine is.

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard