Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I dropped off s12 at W's place. I went up to pick up a bedframe she wanted out of her place, and I needed one. She was moving boxes and junk out of d17's room so she could have a clean place to stay. And W looked tired and beat from the weekend's work. I am pretty sure she wanted a hug from me (she stood close to me in the narrow hallway, so I had to squeeze by to go see d17). But my DB orders are clear - no pursuing! So I did not hug W, we chatted briefly and I left.

This next weekend is a big one for W, she has her 30 year class reunion. She is so excited she joined the administrative notice committee. Now she has the administrative skills of a pregnant yak (smile) but it did give her an opportunity to go out on lunches with bunches of her guy classmates. One odd story, when we were at the end of our trial divorce (end of June) she mentioned she had lunch with one married male classmate, and he kept wanting to sleep with her (!, mock surprise). She kept going on and on about this, that I finally had enough and said "listen, although we are separated, we are still married too!" Her mask came down briefly, but then she put it back up, and fluttered away. I've seen this in other people's sitches where the WAS thinks they're divorced already, though it is just a separation. What goes on in the MLC's spouse's minds?

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
S
S
Quote:
I've seen this in other people's sitches where the WAS thinks they're divorced already, though it is just a separation.

Yyyyyuuuupppp. Mine took his ring off. Then assumed he was single.

No ring= free fling.

I have no idea what goes on inside their minds, but I hear it's pretty bad, and we probably don't want to know.

G
G
^^^^^^

Yes. After BD, they frequently refer to themselves (and act) as if they are single. People going thru MLC generally have horrific memories, so it's possible they won't remember a significant portion of what they do and say.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
K
K
Truth darts shot on occasion can be really powerful. I can't tell you what goes through their minds, just that it isn't reality.

Any news on the job you applied for? Good for you staying strong with your wife..

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks ladies. Shining, my W was worse than just taking her wedding ring off. This past April, W sold the wedding ring and got a tummy tuck surgery, for her new found dating website friends. And at this stage, I was in full blown doormat mode. I supported her, and even gave her a ride to and from the hospital. I'm such an idiot!

Kat, I have not heard back from my most recent interview yet. I am still sending out resumes. But at my current work, my boss is finally (after 5 years there) putting up a website for me to boost my business. I'm kinda getting confused on the job front too.

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
My H no longer wears his ring...might consider himself single acts like my roommate/coparent with benefits.... but looks at me like his wife.
WTF I know right now he is not in his right mind...and I'm a lil crazy for standing and watching this crazy MLC show

Me 43 ring off Oct 2014 (my ring back on Feb 2015)
H 51 (ring off 7/2013)
M 2007 T 1996
S 14
July 2013- H told me he was unhappy.....said he is staying for Son
Feb 18 2014 Found out about OW
S
S
Wet,

Oh, wow...tummy tuck in exchange for a wedding ring... That's a new one I haven't heard. Awful.

You can have either my Doormat crown, or my Idiot crown. You can't have both. wink

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Shining, you have a nice gift to turn a sad situation into a smile. Thank you.

K
K
Ouch. That would hurt. I do remember telling my ex if we had any chance we would have to start all over. Build a new foundation. I still think that is right, no use building on a broken foundation.

So what are you doing for yourself lately?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi Kat, I have another interview set up for this Friday. I went Saturday night to the Twins game with s12. It's so much fun to talk stats with someone who is a stats geek like me.

I'm a little nervous about some neuropathy (lack of feeling - non-diabetic) I have below my knees of both legs. But I saw a neurologist last week, and he is great. He thinks its related to something going on in my spine, and has scheduled 2 MRI's, which I moved to next week.

I had some professional photos taken of me last week. It's nice to show off the loss of weight on FB. It's also nice to keep in touch with friends, I spoke to one I have a 'Twin Son of Different Mothers' kind of relationship with earlier today. It's nice to catch up. Thanks.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard