Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
G
G
Cats teach detachment, they live it!

Just me and the dawgs! The cat did grace me with his presence, he installed himself front and centre of the fire.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Just heard a fab joke. It made me laugh out loud even though I am on my own (even the cat was out).

What is one big advantage of living in Switzerland?

Well the flag is a big plus.

Last edited by Old Dog; 08/17/14 09:51 AM. Reason: typo

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
L
L
Hey Old Dog and cat,
I loved that Shawn Achor talk. Really nice, and funny! Thanks for sharing.
Hope you are having a good day today.

Your facebook story was interesting. I was out yesterday at a party with some mutual friends of H. Today I saw one of the mutual friends posted on facebook that he had a nice time at the party with "great people". When I saw that the friend said "great people" I wondered if H had seen it and thought of me. Ha! I chuckled when I saw your post later. Sorry it made you feel left out and sad. But don't worry, I'm sure you were missed by all in attendance.

Hugs, LisaB

Me: 34 H: 30
M: 4 years
BD: 6/15/14
He moved out 6/30/14
OW1: EA then PA after BD
Now he's dating multiple OWs
I'm over it and moving on.
C
C
Old dog,
I'm sorry that posting upset you. I know how hard it is to realize you are missing out-- not just on your spouse, but on friends and family that you have come to feel were your own. I totally get that.

But, I would recommend not commenting on FB posts like the one you saw last night. I think it comes across as... well, the opposite of detaching and GAL.

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted By: LisaB
Sorry it made you feel left out and sad. But don't worry, I'm sure you were missed by all in attendance.

Hugs, LisaB

LisaB. Thank you so much. Yes, I think know you're right. They will have missed me.

What a super positive way of looking at it. This is the way we have to look at things. My day turned definitely got a little better.

EA Aug 2014 I think
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted By: claire7
Old dog,
I'm sorry that posting upset you. I know how hard it is to realize you are missing out-- not just on your spouse, but on friends and family that you have come to feel were your own. I totally get that.

But, I would recommend not commenting on FB posts like the one you saw last night. I think it comes across as... well, the opposite of detaching and GAL.

It did upset me a bit Claire. I had momentary burst of irritation when I realised that they had been to a place I've long been saying I would like to go to. But I also want to demonstrate a positive attitude, accept that they did it and be happy that they had a good time.

I'm not telling them that I'm at home on my own with the detached cat doing the washing and ironing (mmmm gotta love that GAL action eh?).

I thought a good, or half decent at any rate, move as I'm shifting my try something different goalposts to be more communicative. What do other people think?

EA Aug 2014 I think
M
M
More communicative is definitely good but don't use Facebook as your forum. It tends to come off passive-aggressive.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted By: Maybell
More communicative is definitely good but don't use Facebook as your forum. It tends to come off passive-aggressive.

Uh oh. I'm supposed to be through with that passive aggressive nonsense.

EA Aug 2014 I think
M
M
Not saying it IS, but that it's hard not to look it in troubled relationships.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
What a busy day me and the cat have had.

First of all I had a decent night's sleep at last.

Washed and hung out to dry all the awkward clothes. The ones that always get left behind because they need special care. All but two shirts of these were my wife's.

Ironed and put away all the sheets in the basket. Again these always get left until we absolutely need them.

Took some broken stuff to the dump and picked up a couple of things to eat from the shop.

Raked and mowed the lawn. Attacked a huge bush with shears and loppers and fed half of the branches into my mum's shredders which I'd borrowed. That was great fun and it looks so much better.

Found the papers I need to take with me tomorrow for jury service.

Made a half decent meal for myself.

Relaxed in a nice bath and tipped some of my wife's radox in. Started to read The Five Love Languages whilst soaking.

And now it's time for a tequila sunrise and the cat to go out on the prowl though she never catches anything which I'm glad about really.

It's not been a GAL day, but I'm happy with it.

EA Aug 2014 I think
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard