Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
S
S
Quote:
the sitting in between Point A and Point B that's gotten old. I want a vision of this new life. But, I guess nothing is stopping me from creating the VISION.

Exactly!! The "sitting" is where I tend to get "stuck".

NOTHING IS STOPPING YOU BUT YOU!!!! (I will do better when I practice what I preach here, too wink. )

It's hard to take the focus off the sitch. I go through up-and-down phases, for sure.

Here is a piece of an article I came across that references getting going when it's difficult:

"Can't even find a starting place? Here is another analogy for how almost any activity is better than no activity at all. In sailing, like bicycles, you can sometimes come to a full stop as well. But if you "scull" the tiller back and forth you can actually fan the water off the back of the boat enough to push yourself forward. Literally changing direction, repeatedly and forcefully, can propel you forward enough that you can then turn back into the wind and sail. There may not be any other way to catch the breezes that will push you forward.

You don't fool yourself that this aimless churning of the water off of your stern is deliberate steering. You know that it is just to move you to where you can turn into the wind again. In other words, if you do need to investigate a million possibilities, know that you are sculling, not steering. You will meet lots of people, talk about a lot of ideas, and something eventually is going to happen that will push you along. Once you have momentum, then you can find where the wind can help you most.

Is this making sense? Get moving forward before you try to steer. If you can't move at all, steer everywhere, just to generate the activity that will help you find some forward motion. Once you are moving, then you can actually steer where you want to go."

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
That does help Shining. Thanks :-)

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi All,

I'm struggling today. I'm going to take the next few hours to screw my head on straight.

I haven't heard anything back from New York, or anywhere and I feel discouraged...I know this is how this works...but, I'm impatient. Have a busy week... and I'm not sure if I should shoot an email or a phone call to New York? Feedback is welcome.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

M
M
Heather,
I'm sorry you had a bad day. That is so frustrating waiting for that call. I was laid off a couple years ago and didn't get one call for 6 months. I finally got called back to my original position after countless hours applying for a job. It is stressful and makes you feel terrible. I'm sorry. The right opportunity is just waiting for you! Something will happen at just the right time (I know, can't it be now?!)

I don't see why it would hurt to reach out to the NY position. Why not? I don't see how it could hurt you. You only have something to gain by trying, right? I will keep my fingers crossed and send a prayer to a higher power.... keep us posted!

W
W
Heather,

Have you thought about contacting your old HS buddies and network through them?

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
New York got back. They want me to come up and interview next week. I have to get there, but they will "ply" me with food and provide a hotel room. :-)

M
M
Alright! That is so exciting! I am very happy for you. Good Luck!!

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Mighty! :-)

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard