Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
M
Meghan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
After this morning, I'm obsessed with the idea of trying to check his email to see if his online friend was something more. I guess it's about feeling like I have control or like I could know what was actually going on. I know it's not a good idea and I don't know what it would change now, but the urge is incredibly strong.

M - 34
H - 36
Together 10 years
Married 4 years
BD - March, 2014
E
E
No snooping. Don't do it.

Seriously - what does it change?

U
U
I have constant urges to snoop. But it only hurts myself. I will either find nothing or something bad that I cannot un-see. I have realized that if there is actually some good news or something of value they will let me know - otherwise assume nothing. Trying to follow my own advice.

Now I feel like the black pot kettle caller. :|

Me-45 W-44
S21, S18, D15
T-27, M-21
BD Jan 2014
PA revealed March 2014
In-house separation - April 2015
I filed - Aug 2015
She moved out Oct 2015
M
Meghan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
It wouldn't change anything. I tend to think that knowing would make me feel better, but it likely wouldn't. I suspect that I'm trying to make sense out of a situation that has no sense to it, which is a hard, hard thing.

M - 34
H - 36
Together 10 years
Married 4 years
BD - March, 2014
M
Meghan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of journaling today.

I can see H. is online, but I won't be contacting him, not even to mention a few of the things he's left behind. If he wants them, he can get in touch with me.

Being in the apartment is hard. It feels empty, and there are reminders of him absolutely everywhere. Stupid things, too. his salad dressing. A stray sock. Pillows. A pack of q-tips. Every time I see something like that, I feel like someone's punched me.

I feel like I should move things for a fresh perspective, and so I'm no longer sleeping in the living room. But I'm resistant to it, too. It feels like if I left things the way they are, everything will magically be okay.

He left behind a little 3D printed scan of me. That one smarted.

M - 34
H - 36
Together 10 years
Married 4 years
BD - March, 2014
S
S
Originally Posted By: Meghan

Being in the apartment is hard. It feels empty, and there are reminders of him absolutely everywhere. Stupid things, too. his salad dressing. A stray sock. Pillows. A pack of q-tips.

That's what trash bags are for.

Sorry, I'm listening to my "good riddance" playlist and feeling a little feisty. I do feel for you (((hugs))). And remind me I said that later when I am having the same feelings.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
E
E
A good riddance playlist! Do tell, what's on it?

The Chain by Fleetwood Mac? She's Waiting by Eric Clapton? Song for the Dumped by Ben Folds? You're No Good by Linda Ronstandt?

I mean, I'm just curious...

Trash bags. Get some. This will be cathartic.

And I LOVE the idea of moving stuff around. 180s! Do it! You're the boss of you right now!

S
S
Originally Posted By: MLP
A good riddance playlist! Do tell, what's on it?

So far...
Feel a Whole Lot Better by Tom Petty
Good Riddance by Green Day
Hit the Road Jack by Ray Charles
The Sign by Ace of Base
Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
Roll with the Changes by REO Speedwagon
So What by Pink
Walk Away by Kelly Clarkson
These Boots are Made for Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra
Gives you Hell by The All-American Rejects
Goodbye to You by Scandal
Over You by Daughtry
Picture to Burn by Taylor Swift

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
M
Meghan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the playlist - I'm going to give that a try.

I've reclaimed the bedroom for my own. No more sleeping on a futon in the living room. Not sure how I feel about that right now since it's become so normal, but I'm sure it will feel better in time.

Up next: a run around the apartment with a garbage bag.

M - 34
H - 36
Together 10 years
Married 4 years
BD - March, 2014
M
Meghan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
It's been an up and down afternoon, but a bit more up than I would have expected.

I've largely reclaimed the bedroom and removed a bunch of pretty gross bedding and other stuff, which helped me focus on the anger rather than the sadness. I've played music, danced around a bit, and generally tried to relax. Dinner's cooking now, and I've pulled out some vegetarian cookbooks to find some new recipes to try.

On top of that, I got some good news about some funding opportunities that I applied for at work. This will likely be a boon for my career, and I'm pleased. The news made me feel more confident and like my life is a bit better already, which was really helpful today. It was hard not telling H., but I called some friends and my parents.

Right now, I'm considering whether I should be posting some stuff - like the funding news - on Facebook. I'm not much of a Facebook user, but I'd like to be more involved, I think, and it would have the added benefit of showing H. that my life is going well and things are getting done without him.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard