Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
You are thinking if me,with all your own stuff ? Thanks! I am doing pretty well. D15 was sick all weekend so time just kind of flew by. She wanted to be near me nearly the whole time. Talking a lot and telling me how much she loves me. Then she would feel better and be back to her cute but snarky self! Will the real Megan please stand up?!

Well the truth is that she is both people. I hate for her being sick but nice to know how much she wants me then. The time on these sort of things is running out too so I will cherish them.

Seems as if all of our kids are growing up to fast. Guess the key is to enjoy each brief moment. wink

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
So here we go again. Near repeat of last summer's drama. Involving the same two people. I am so diappointed. I thought S18 was finally getting on track and yet...no. He will be 19 next month, says he still plans on going to school. They have no idea yet about the baby but I am thinking they will want to keep it since they lost the baby last year.

I do feel as if I failed somehow. These are two broken and hurt young people that I believe are trying to make everything better by somehow becoming parents themselves. Ex had the nerve to tell me that S18 isn't broken. I did get mad and I said how would you know? You weren't here when he would curled up and cry for over an hour at a time, when he had a hitting frenzy on his big brother, when he would sneak out. Ex missed all of that. I probably shouldn't have said anything, he just doesn't know these kids.

Maybe I don't either. I know that this is the consequence of the choices that they made. Uggghhh, I cried a lot, but I didn't yell. I barely slept last night.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
M
M
I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all of this. frown It does sound like they are looking for something they somehow feel they are missing.

Don't beat yourself up about it though! It has nothing to do with your parenting. Some people just have different ways of dealing with their own issues and unfortunately they decided to deal with it by creating more!

HUGS!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
Wet Offline
W
Kat, my thoughts and prayers are with you, and your son /s/Tom

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Mish and Tom. She is further along now then last time. Somehow that makes it seem as if it is really happening. S18 really seems to be taking this hard so I don't think he saw this coming.

I have always told my kids don't even do it unless you are ready to handle being a parent. His brother and sisters are supportive and trying to make it more positive for me. Yet, this is my baby. You always want them to reach for the stars, and it hurts when they miss the moon even. I guess it never was my job to make his future, but it is hard watching him on the one he picked.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Awww, Kat. I'm so sad for you. This has got to be your nightmare come to life once again.

BTW, your ex is a dumbass. I think you had every right to correct his erroneous assumption. Talk about a Disney dad.

Why wasn't the GF using protection? And why wasn't your son insisting on it? For an 18 year old girl, it makes me wonder if she wanted to get pregnant all along?

Hugs,

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
According to my son, she was on the pill, but she had to take some antibiotics for something and the doc thinks that is what decreased the effectiveness of the pill. Of course he also mentioned something about her switching over to an IUD. So who knows.

S18 has hymoletic anemia, she has dyslexia and lactose intolerance as well as who knows what else medically. His girlfriend always seems to have issues medically.

Yea, so I am banging my head but trying to let him make his choices here. They are well aware of my opinion, so I will leave it at that. Trying to get him a good paying job and get his rear in gear for school because really, who knows may happen between now and then?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Oh and gleamed another bit of wisdom. You might want the world for your kids, but it won't matter one bit if they don't want it too.

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Kat--

That wisdom is something I had to share with my mom some years ago. She had asked me to pray for my heroin addicted brother. I told her it was meaningless unless he prayed for himself. And that much is absolutely true.

But getting back to your son-maybe he wants it, but reality will shape his own definition of success? It sounds as though you're going to have to put your DB techniques to good use again. They're going to need your support, one way or another.

Hugs, Granny. wink

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
Kat: I'm so sorry that this has happened again. I thought they had been scared silly by the last accident. But I think maybe it's not really an accident.

There is not much you can do but be positive & keep the baby in mind. The baby is your grandchild & never had any say in the matter.

I watch Teen Mom. It is so difficult for young parents. But maybe if you watch you can learn some helpful tips to make this easier. Those with parents who help have a much better shot.

I know this is not what you wanted but remember the Serenity Prayer & Lord - help you to accept the things you cannot change.

Hugs,

Barb

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard