Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
OP Offline
M
Breathe, breathe, breathe,breathe.....

Dang! I'm starting to get panicky about next week. Monday evening his recruiter picks him up and takes him to the hotel near the MEPS station and the next morning he has a final physical and swears in and then he's uncle Sam's property! OH LORDY!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
W
Hey, completely understandable! Hang in there Mish. It's a huge change for all of you.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
M
OP Offline
M
EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sick crazy

The recruiter just picked up my baby!!!! I'm at work! They had said they wouldn't pick him up until late afternoon but apparently there was a scheduling conflict so they picked him up early. frown

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

K
K
Aww Mish. It will be ok. Take deep breaths. Don't you get to see him tonight at dinner? You will get through this. Keep a brave face for Marc. He needs that now.

Big hugs, Kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
Originally Posted By: mishka422
EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sick crazy

The recruiter just picked up my baby!!!! I'm at work! They had said they wouldn't pick him up until late afternoon but apparently there was a scheduling conflict so they picked him up early. frown

Hang in there Mish! He's starting a very exciting phase in his life. I never for one minute regret joining the military. It provided me with a strong and clear structure, taught me valuable job and life skills, built within me a sense of confidence with solid values and gave me an opportunity to see the world.

Remembering back on my own induction - tonight will be his last "fun" time for a while. Starting tomorrow the military is going to give him a bit of shock and awe. He may initially think he's made a great mistake (at times I thought I had), but he just needs to keep his focus on the goal of taking things one day at a time and getting to graduation.

You are going to be prouder than ever and impressed with your son the next time you see him!

BA

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks guys! I'm hanging in there. He knows I'm sad to see him go but has no idea about the amount of anxiety I have. That would not be fair! smile He is at the recruiting office right now doing some more paperwork (government red tape at it's finest) and then they will take him to the hotel. We are leaving it up to him as far as dinner tonight goes. I hope he wants us to come up there and have dinner with him but he likes to branch out on his own and do his own thing. I will definitely see him in the morning at the swearing in but that will only be for a few minutes.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

Hi Mish!

I'm glad you got to the point you posted - when I dropped D20 off at school 2 years ago, she told me that the one thing she needed from me was my unwavering support and cheer leading for her first step toward becoming an independent, functioning adult. She promised me she'd call at least once a week and that she looked forward to our relationship growing too.

At that time in our lives, we had been fighting. My issues were centered around letting go. Her issues were with figuring stuff out on her own without my commentary - and pushing me away so she could breathe. The only way she felt she could do this effectively was to say stuff that made me leave her alone.

I know boys don't typically have those issues with moms, so I'm pretty sure that isn't part of your dynamic with Marc.

But... he probably needs you to be really, REALLY happy for him. He's fulfilling HIS dreams for himself, and that's huge. Nature abhors a vacuum, so you'll find other things to do to occupy your time. I sure hope it's not filled with invisible worry! He'd hate that!

Anyway, I svcked it up and oddly enough, I discovered how much I liked having space and time for myself. It kind of reminded me that I had free reign to design my time around stuff that I enjoyed. This year, I'm painting furniture. I plan on starting on the kitchen cabinets right after she leaves next week. While I truly do miss her company when she's gone, it truly surprises me that I'm as happy when she goes back. Go figure?

So give yourself some time to adjust and feel what you feel. Just promise yourself that you won't stay there - you have to connect with friends and support yourself through the transition. You can do it!!!

Good luck-
Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Betsey!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

B
B
Hey Mish

How was your Son's induction ceremony? Hope you were able to be a part of that event. Send him lots of letters if you can. I remember one of the things I enjoyed most was getting a letter from home. I know they probably have email access these days, but in my mind nothing tops a handwritten letter or card.

BA

M
OP Offline
M
Hey BA!

Nope, no email addresses until long after boot camp. At BC it's strictly written letters. He's going to think his arm has been cut off without his phone permanently attached to it! It will be a great technology detox for him! smile

It went very well. I only teared up once while I was with him...ok twice. Once during the oath when I could hear him say his name and again right as we were leaving the building and leaving him behind. Only a little teary, not full blown crying........until I got outside where he couldn't see me. Then the dam burst! Gabe doesn't understand why I'm so upset. I keep telling him it has nothing to do with being worried or scared for him. It's the breaking of the mama/baby bond that is ripping me up. It will get better, I know, but it's going to take a little time. Heck, just sitting here typing this I'm tearing up again so I'm going to stop! smile

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard