Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Ok. Thanks guys. I will do some research this weekend. The rentals in the area look similar to costs in the area I'm in now...but, I have a great mortgage.

Maybe I will shoot this guy an email on Monday with some specific questions. He sounded really nice.

I did own my own newspaper for a time and I know I could handle the job. But, is it the area and the job I want? IDK. I like the challenge of it and the ag aspect...

And, I like the rural/Lake Ontario/Adirondack Mountains aspect...

I have some thinking and praying to do. I really appreciate everyone's input.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
S
S
WOW!!!! That is such great news!

Believe in yourself, Lo! Practice exuding confidence. Appearance, body language, and tonality of your words have a bigger impact than the actual spoken words, and make you more credible when you negotiate;)

M44, H44, both M before
M4 yrs, T6
BD 7/13 ILYB something isn't right with me
H att suicide 2/14
S 4/14
OW disc 5/14
D final 4/15
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks Shining. I practiced DB techniques on the phone. LOL. I kept my voice low and calm. Took my time answering and asking questions.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

G
G
I know how it's looks like your stuck here. You try to show what's going on, then you explain then often you feel like you need to justify why and the hole digging starts.

Job I'm not sure anyone wants anyone to stop commenting, and learning to handle disagreement with style etc is part of this site.

Bring on the disagreements, in a nice way of doing so.

I re read m thread and saw how I had latched on to an idea that my h had bolted and I should " find a man" it was ides thrust on me by others.

It's a place to try on new indenties to see what fits. Go heather be a writer hang the drama.

Life too bloody shot as it is. Smokey is also a runner so a 6 hour drive meh, he should be able to do it in his sleep with one hand behind his back.

Last edited by Ggrass; 08/02/14 02:07 AM.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
Hey Heather!

I'm so glad you got a bonafide opportunity with the publisher. And I had to smile when you said where it is. My D20 goes to school an hour north of there, so I'm familiar with the area. You're an hour north of Syracuse - it's very beautiful country! I always feel like I'm driving through a bit of Americana when I pass through on my way to her school. (I'll be heading out that way in October :))

So... you're not too far from Syracuse to get some decent shopping. I don't know anything about the schools, but let's talk about the winters there. I don't know where you are in Ohio? But that area gets a LOT of lake effect snow. And when I say a lot, I'll tell you this is coming from someone who knows what a lot is. My D20 gets a little bit of winter depression from the lack of consistent sunshine. Don't get me wrong - she likes her school a whole lot and has fared very well coming from Denver to small town Americana. But just know what you're getting in to.

Go visit - you'll find it lovely this time of year. I truly have been impressed with the scenery. There is a bit Amish presence, as they took over the smaller dairy farms.

I also don't know what the school districts offer for your D11. Make sure you do your homework. Also, if your D is getting any Medicaid assistance in your state, you'll have to re-enroll in NY and get on their lists.

BTW, American Airlines serves Watertown to Chicago - so you're not horribly remote there. My D20? LOL. SHE'S remote!

Good luck and I'm rooting for ya.

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
p.s. The cost of living there is pretty good. Real estate is a steal (coming from my area), but I don't know how it stacks up against the salary.

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
A
A
Congratulations!!

Keep praying- it IS working!!! smile

And the great thing is, even if you don't take it, you had the offer!!! That should put a bit of wind in your sails!!!

Me: 39
H: 45
Second marriage for both
H left 12/2013
M:4 T:5.5
M
M
What did I tell you Heather about all that hard work paying off! You worked hard, overcame so much and sent out so many resumes. At the same time you took care of your kids and dealt with a H who has gone off the deep end. Not to mention helping so many others going through the he!! of having an MLC S! You deserve this, Heather! Way to go!

J
J
Heather congrats on an offer. I am sure you will make the best decision. For me, checking out the programs at the local schools is always on the top of my list.

You gave options and choices. Make sure you know what you really want.

Me 44 H 42
M 10 T 12 (at time of BD)
Ss 20 16
S11 (special needs)

BD 9/13 H "unhappy for years" moves to seperate bedroom
10/13 EA/PA confirmed but denied
S and I move out 3/15
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I'm so grateful for ALLLLLLLLL of YOU!!! Thanks so much for the feedback and support and love :-))))))) Lots of LOVE back ATCHA!!

What if this journey through he!! isn't really our journey, but something a higher power has ordained in order to USE US to help others out of he!!? What if we are just a vessel to help so many others find their way out of this mess?

It's not such a burden when you think of it that way. In some ways, it almost makes it a blessing. Weird.

What if this isn't OUR battle, but God has chosen us to pave the way?

[verse 1:]
There is no pain, Jesus can't feel
There is no hurt, that He can't heal
For all things work (yes they do)
According to the masters purpose
and his holy will
no matter what (you in the balcony)
are going thru, remember that God only wants a chance to use you
for the battle is not yours its the Lord's
(we gonna tell the devil that all right?)

There's no sadness, Jesus can't feel
and there is no sorrow,
that the master is not able and willing to heal
remember that all things work
they're not gonna be all good
but they're gonna work according to God's purpose and his holy will
no matter what, no matter what you're going thru
remember God sees all and he knows all
and all he wants to do is use you
for this Battle is not yours its, its its its its the lord

Quote:
This battle is the Lord's. its the Lord's
(yes its the Lord's) it is the Lord's
(but in faith you've got to hold your head up high) hold your head up high
(you belong to the most high God you don't need to cry)
don't you cry its the Lord's
(its the Lord's) its the Lord's
(yeah yeah yes its the Lord's) it is the Lord's
(No matter what) No matter what
(You're going thru) Thru
(Remember its gonna be alright He's just using you)
God us only, using you for he's worthy
(No matter what) no matter what
(you happen to go thru right now) Thru
(Remember this will be a memory God is only using you)
God is only using you, for he's worthy
(You've got to have faith) No matter what
(You've got to know in your heart) thru
(That no matter what comes no matter what goes
Gos loves ya) God is only using you
(He loves ya [7x])) its not yours
(And this battle is not yours) no
(He needs a chance to prove to your enemies that he is God)
its the Lord's, its the Lord's not yours
(So what you've got to do is, hold on, hold on) its not yours
(hold on, hold on) yours
(don't give up [4x]) its the Lord's not yours
(Step out on faith) its not yours
(no, no) no
(I'm so glad that God sees it) its not yours
(and he knows all) its the Lord's not yours
This battle is not yours, no, it belongs to the Lord
Hallelujah, yeah

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard