Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
G
Artsy,

I don't think it's necessary to retract your statement. Actions speak louder than words. I mean what would you really be saying? "H, I want us to be friends." Eh. I think it's not being *friends* per se but rather being *friendly*. There is a difference. Does that make sense?

The reality is that you may not be able to be friends with your h. Maybe ever. However, you can be pleasant and friendly. It's hard to be *friends* with someone who has treated us in a way we wouldn't allow other friends to treat us. As you move thru forgiveness then perhaps your feelings change. However, I do t think you are at all wrong for not being able to be your h's friend at this point.

Don't be so hard on yourself! Hang in there:-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
A
artsy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I think you're right, GB. I'm not going to say anything--- after all, we all know from this crazy MLC biz "believe nothing of what you hear". And I suppose that goes for any emotional outburst on either part! wink

I can be friendly with H now. Outside of M, most likely not, but certainly I would be at a different level of detachment if/when that day comes so who knows what that would look and feel like.

As I've seen mentioned on here, I've definitely got a kitty kitten MLCer. He only gets mean when I try to be nice. Lol! Hoping that bodes well for the future dealings of this R, in whatever capacity that may be.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Last edited by artsy; 07/28/14 06:29 PM.

Me: 39
H: 45
Second marriage for both
H left 12/2013
M:4 T:5.5
A
artsy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thoughts for the day:

For the Believers out there.:::::

In Biblical terms, 7 (July) is Perfect Completion and 8 (August) is Perfect Beginning. Last August 2, my world was blown apart with BD1. It was most definitely the "end" of my old life and the "beginning" of something new.

As horribly hard this past year has been, my life is better today than it was a year ago. I have changed, definitely for the better.

So, as I reach this point again, I know tomorrow signifies another new chapter in my life.

I'm hanging in there!!!! 1 year down, ?????? to go!!!!!!

Second marriage for both
H left 12/2013
G
G
Good stuff, Artsy;)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
A
artsy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks, GB!!

(I think you're the only person who reads my thread! LOL) which is fine with me!!!

We can race off in our convertible sports car with the "yes300" license plate!!!!!

Second marriage for both
H left 12/2013
G
G
I read too, but I try not to comment on too many as it looks needy and like I'm hoggin the board.

Those of you that have been doing this for a long time, do amaze me.
I will invite you to my new comers thread. There's no contact and not much happening but me doing my thing, so I tend at work and now here to tell jokes.

If your so inclined come tell a few we can all do with a laugh. Even crazy mlc stories are fine.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
B
B
I read along too! Good stuff. It is a long haul, but who said life was easy grin

M
M
I read along every day! You just have a "silent" following! Must mean you're doing something right!

L
L
Me too Artsy!! You are awesome. :-)

You survived the year!!

R. Kelly's "The Storm is Over" really inspires me in terms of looking forward to brighter days/setting a clear boundary with the past.

And, the Mississippi Mass Choir's singing "I'm not Tired Yet."

Both are on Youtube.

Keep on. Sometimes our support is quiet, but it's there.

Heather

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
G
G
Artsy,

I think your posts are so introspective and honest that sometimes people don't feel the need to comment. It's great reading how you figure things out and really *see* all that is around you. Sounds like you have a silent cheer squad:-)

Happy Friday friend:)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard