Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
G
G
They are a little round stone type attachment I'm sure for most drills, they sell for a few bucks. If you have a drill, drill are handy things and most households have one.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
W
OP Offline
W
No, I don't have a drill. And I probably won't be buying one anytime soon. Too many other things on my must have list.

Found a four dollar lamp for my bedroom just need a shade. And found a pillow pet for D. Two dollars. Paid over $30 when they first came out years ago. Patience pays off I guess.

WH

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
W
OP Offline
W
So seven days without the kids. I guess it's time to let go and start really living my life for me and just stop pretending.

I was talking to my boss today and she said sometimes you are just afraid to cross that line and say "it's okay to live for you". And she is right. I don't feel like it's the right thing to do. I lived my life for me and now I think my kids should come first. She told me it was okay to do this. She told me part of me still feels like I am married with children and she is right. I know I have heard it from these boards and I thought I was starting to live for myself and I can see now I have only taken baby steps.

Still dealing with frustration with J who wanted to know this morning how we are handling the volunteer fees for the kids' soccer. In the past the club has charged if volunteer hours were not met, but this year each family needs to write a check for $200 and the club will hold it and if hours are not met they will cash it and if hours ARE met, they will give the check back. J expected me to give him half the money in cash since I don't carry a checkbook. I told him they aren't cashing the checks until the end of the year and ONLY IF you don't meet your hour requirements. I told him if he puts in 5 hours and I put in 5 hours, then we should be good. If we don't meet those hours and they cash the check, then I will give you half the money at that time. This serves two purposes: it gives J incentive to actually work the required number of hours and it prevents me from giving him cash for something he hasn't officially paid for yet. If I give him cash and we meet the hours then I have to depend on him to give me that money back. I would have better luck waiting for pennies to rain down from heaven.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
K
kml Offline
K
You know, you CAN have both - you can be a good mom who puts her kids first, AND you can start creating a life for yourself.

Remember, you need to model for your kids what a successful adult life looks like - including adult friendships and social life.

Also you need to create a life for yourself so that when your kids are grown, you're not that clingy mom who hasn't got anything else in her life but her kids.

Living well IS the best revenge. Get out there and LIVE your dreams!

W
OP Offline
W
You are right, KML. Totally.

But I do feel it necessary to be around in case J can't commit and we all know that can happen. I don't feel relieved to know he and OW are on the job.

So at S's soccer meeting there was a fundraising activity. J had no problem handing that assignment right over to me. Lol!!! It just makes me laugh.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
W
OP Offline
W
Two more days of not having the kids and I will be on a week-long vaca with them. I can't wait!!! I have been trying my damdest to concentrate on me and get things done. But I miss them terribly. Things are not as fun when there is no one to share them with.

I got some camping supplies for our upcoming camping trip over labor day. Last minute a cancellation popped up for my favorite state park. Usually you have to book at this park a year in advance. I am very excited. BUT I just realized this site isn't electric and our air mattress has a built-in electric pump. DOH! two steps forward three steps back. No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

Finally got the area rug I have been wanting for under my dining room table. I have been eyeballing it since I moved in. It was marked down clearance. By that time there was only one left, but I got it. It looks so great! I finally have a little but of money so I can start to buy inexpensive things to decorate. I still have a ways to go with my debt, but debt #2 has one more payment and then another one is off the list. Building up steam to chug forward. Then I pay off my counslor's bill which won't take much and then my department store bill which isn't too horrible. The question is do I then start attacking my credit card which I pay interest on and is a higher balance, or my GAL fees which is a lower balance, but interest free? My attorney fees will have to get paid off too. I am hoping to hold off getting a different vehicle for another year.

So S has been texting me all day. He is bored and doesn't want to be at the campground with his dad and OW and her kids. He said dad was all stressed out and freaking out and yelling at people and the little kids were on the playground with no one watching them. Apparently J and OW went for a long walk so J could "cool down". Yeesh. S said the campground wasn't much of a campground. More of a resort with very few trees and lots of pavement and toys. I prefer to camp in nature with peace and quiet and relaxation. J and OW prefer to have "fun" surround them and lots of bright lights and distractions. To each their own, but I like the simpler things I guess. Part of camping is to get into nature and unwind. That's what I like to do. Look at the stars, drink a beer or glass of wine, and just smell the pine trees and feel the fresh air on your face. It's difficult to do that at a "camp resort". It's just one big party.

Let me just say I am sooooooooo glad I'm not there. Especially with J when he's in one of those moods. Ugh! I tried to text and call him tonight so I could talk to the kids. S called me from his phone and I told him to have his dad let D call. He didn't. I finally called J's phone and he wouldn't answer. I was starting to get really ticked especially when S said J had his phone right next to him. J finally told S to call with his phone and then to have D talk to me. Not sure what J's issue was. Must have had a fly fall into his beer or something.

J also talked a big talk about getting the kids the rest of the school supplies I didn't get. I asked S what his dad picked up for him he said nothing, just clothes. So we will see if J makes good on his promise to get school supplies. I am not holing my breath.

Man I just wish I had a crystal ball. Or could be a fly on the wall to get a front row seat to this train wreck.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
W
OP Offline
W
There was a soccer picnic/parent meeting for D's soccer academy tonight. I needed to pay for her practice shirts and sign some forms so I showed up stag. I sat with S's girlfriend's mom who has also become a very good friend of mine. The coaches talked about the dreaded cookie dough sale which my friend and I both hate and they discussed the mandatory 10 volunteer hours per family. I told my friend I signed up for my 5 hours immediately when the email came out last week but that J was gonna have to take the other five hours because I was not working all the hours but I told her I knew J thought he could convince me to just work the full 10 hours so he wouldn't have to. She asked me if she should text him and tell him he better get on the stick and pick his jobs asap because now the academy knows about it and spots will be filled soon? I giggled and said sure. He will make sure to do it if someone besides me tells him to. She said J called her back right away but she didn't answer. Lol.

So guess who calls me tonight as I am relaxing on the couch? Why yes, it's J. Asking me if I had signed US up for the tournament. I said, uh, I signed MYSELF up for hours, but I didn't sign you up for anything. He was put out that I didn't. Really? So I said to J, how would I know to sign you up? Why would I? For one thing I don't know your schedule or what you are willing to do. I told him to look at the website and figure it out. He said he gets poor reception atthe campsite and can't access Internet. Bull****! he's 45 minutes away in a RV resort that touts it has free wifi. He's not in some remote part of the national forest or something.

He told me to go ahead and sign him up for anything except concessions. Any time but Friday because he has to work. Lol! I can't believe he still expects me to clean up after him like that.

I think he has OW around for the "fun" stuff and wants me around to take care of the responsibilities. I swear he thinks he has a harem.

Part of me wants to go ahead and sign him up for the crappy hours and crappy jobs just to tick him off. I wish there was a job for bathroom duty.

WH

Last edited by wishing, hoping; 08/12/14 05:36 AM.

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
W
W
You won't lift a finger...right? WH?

N
N
Quote:
I am very excited. BUT I just realized this site isn't electric and our air mattress has a built-in electric pump.

I love camping! I also have an air mattress with a built-in electric pump. I bring this device and plug it into my car's lighter port.

On our last trip, the device blew a fuse, so I went to the bathroom where there was an outlet and filled up the mattress there. It's lightweight and easily carried.

Kudos on getting the camping reservation! I've never been able to get a last minute cancellation like that in a super-popular campground. It's like winning the lottery!

M:54, H:55
T:33, M:27
12/13 BD: EA
01/14 BD: PA, H leaves
03/14 H & OW break up
05/14 H says he will file for D
08/14 H initiates D
09/14 H wants to R
12/14 Still bungling our way through R
L
L
Quote:
He told me to go ahead and sign him up for anything except concessions. Any time but Friday because he has to work. Lol! I can't believe he still expects me to clean up after him like that.

You told him to go shove a concession up his... Right?

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard