Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
B
OP Offline
B
So today was the sentencing day for the 24 y/o creep from New York who came down twice to see my D16 who was 15 at the time. He had pled guilty to one felony count. I wrote a victim impact statement and wanted to be in court when he was sentenced. The deal that the prosecutor and defense worked out was for a probation only sentence. After hearing both sides the judge, who was clearly not happy with the creep at all and what he had done, told the defense attorney that in good conscience she could not go along with the plea deal and gave the defendant an opportunity to withdraw his guilty plea. The defense attorney took a couple of minutes to confer with the creep and told the judge that they would not withdraw the plea and he was prepared for sentencing. The judge then lectured the creep about what he had done and sentenced him to 5 years in prison with 4 1/2 suspended followed by 12 years of supervised probation. So he was placed in handcuffs and led off to the county jail where he will be stay for the next six months. In addition he is prohibited from unsupervised contact with minors, has to register on the sex offender registry and complete a sex offender course, and is prohibited from contacting my daughter.

It was a stressful day but I am glad I went. It brought a sense of closure to all of that whole issue.

BA

W
W
BA,

Yeeesss!! Glad that the judge nailed his ass on the board!!

I am so happy that this ordeal is behind you, your D and the family. Sickos like that should not be allowed to roam free at all.

Hey all--

BA, I'm so glad you got some resolution on the perv. What a good way to end that whole ordeal. Hope your trip to Michigan was healing and everything all of you needed it to be.

Did you get the job????

We have the burial and get together this Friday. It will be a military burial, complete with the 21 gun salute. I found out last night that dear old Mr. Wonderful isn't going. I'm a little disappointed, but not at all surprised. There are 600,001 reasons why he should make an appearance. But as D20 and I were texting last night, we saw it coming. Because he doesn't do sad and emotional.

It's been a topsy turvy month for me. In addition to managing the care of 2 houses, having kids, and working, my technical person here resigned yesterday, and the transaction will be considered a done deal when he finishes one of the client projects that he's been working on and implementing. His 12 year old son sexually assaulted his 6 year old female cousin, and he and his wife are devastated. As he told me on the phone yesterday, he was crying. And like me, he's a 52 year old man. I feel so awful for him, but I understand. Now I need to find someone. Not so happy about that.

Now that we got the other house painted and the new carpet is being installed (yesterday and finishing today), we got an offer on the house. It's a low ball and we countered, so now we wait and see if it's a serious buyer or just one who thinks they can get it for a real steal. Keeping my fingers crossed.

IC is going well. I'm working on my limiting beliefs and now working on being cognizant of what's happening when they appear. It's kind of hard work. I shouldn't be surprised that some of this stuff has everything to do with my divorce, but it has. Go figure.

And that's all I have going on at the moment.

TTFN,

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Well, the buyer was looking for a deal, so the offer is dead. No worries, but I'm kinda disappointed. Oh well... Tomorrow is another day.

On the flip side, Mr. Wonderful called me this evening to let me know he changed his mind. Wait for it.......... He told his friends he was dropping out of the golf tournament on Friday and did we want to drive to Fort Logan together? I almost fell out of my chair. I asked him why? He said, "D was really good to us and I felt it was the right thing to do." D20 asked me if I guilted him. I told her he made his decision all by himself cause I didn't talk to him at all today. Go figure.

She was as surprised as I was. I'm glad. D was her godfather and she could use her dad's support. I'm not stupid enough to expect that, but she can count on him.

Ok, time to go fix D17's lunch for camp tomorrow and the haul her butt off to the bath.

Cheers,

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
OP Offline
B
Hey Bets - Sorry the offer on the place was not a serious one. Hopefully another one is just around the corner.

My trip to Michigan is this weekend. I am actually looking forward to getting away from the DC area and back to the Great Lake state for a few days. I wish the reason for going back was a different one rather than a funeral service for my Father, however it gives me solace that we are carrying out his last wishes and I know he would be quite pleased with what we have planned for him.

No news on the job front yet - sometimes the government moves slower than molasses on these things. The good thing is that I already like the position I am in so it's not the end of the world if they don't select me. The additional salary with the promotion would be nice, but the position I'm in pays the bills so it's all good.

Things with the GF are still going really well and she is excited to be going to Michigan to see my old stomping grounds this weekend and I am excited to show her around. My family loves her and they are really happy for me and looking forward to spending more time with her this weekend. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm just not dreaming this stuff up.

The next big event will be when I get back and preparing to send D17 off to college in mid-August. She and her sister are currently in Costa Rica with their Mom - they return Friday night after being gone for 8 days. They have had a blast zip lining in the jungle, horseback riding on the beach and just exploring the area down there. I've been living vicariously through the pictures they have been posting on their fb pages.

That's all from this end.

BA

K
K
How did Michigan go? I am sure your girlfriend loved it but always nice to hear.

Anymore on the job front? I am sitting here knowing it would be better to get a better paying job if I could get one but feeling a pull since this job allowed me to get through the worst time of my life. They are fully aware that my finances are going to take a huge hit in 2 months but they don't have any options for me unless I want to become a financial advisor, I don't.

My biggest thing right now is to find some finacial stability for a while and then start working on my coaching. I hate the stressing out that I am going through now.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Hi all,

Now that I'm through with the burial and memorial and caught up at work, I have a chance to breathe and post here. Whew.

Kat, I understand your loyalty to the folks that got you through a very tough time in your life. As an employer, I would totally appreciate you! However, I also have understood when employees have had to leave for opportunities that benefited them more. I urge you to reframe that one so you can sleep a little better at night. You're being upfront about your needs, and they *will* understand.

Heck, even my D20 got a better paying job back at Maggiano's than I could pay her for working here. You have to take care of yourself.

Today I've been taking a little detour from work to make some travel plans. First on the agenda is to head to upstate NY in October for my D20's volleyball tournament on home court, which will also have to be parents' weekend since the real one is a week later and they'll be out of town. Mr. Wonderful, D17 and I are traveling together again, LOL. It's been awhile, and it still kind of cracks me up. Anyway, she's thrilled.

My credit cards are getting an additional workout, as she booked her flights home for Christmas. I feel like I should own some stock in the airlines.

Gineen, next on my agenda will be to book my trip to the NYC area. I'm trying to add a couple days prior to meet with clients on Long Island and in Brooklyn. I need to confirm those appointments, and then I'll confirm with my travel buddy and clear with you. Then I'll be good! I'm excited about that one.

Other than that, same old same old. Nothing exciting to report.

Betsey

Albert Einstein
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: kat727
How did Michigan go? I am sure your girlfriend loved it but always nice to hear.

Anymore on the job front? I am sitting here knowing it would be better to get a better paying job if I could get one but feeling a pull since this job allowed me to get through the worst time of my life. They are fully aware that my finances are going to take a huge hit in 2 months but they don't have any options for me unless I want to become a financial advisor, I don't.

My biggest thing right now is to find some finacial stability for a while and then start working on my coaching. I hate the stressing out that I am going through now.

kat

Hey Kat - well Michigan went great!! The memorial mass for my Father was well attended by friends and family some of whom we had not seen in quite a while. The spreading of his ashes up in northern Michigan on the Ausable River was very touching especially knowing that we were caring out his final wish. His sole remaining brother who is 83 years old (my Uncle) wading out into the river where they used to fish as young boys and gently sprinkled out his ashes. As they hit the water they expanded in width as they flowed down the river. As he finished emptying out the urn we could hear him say "Goodbye Norm." It was simply amazing to watch.

Everyone of my family and friends loves the girlfriend - including me (yes BA is in L O V E!) She is soooo easy to get along with, not too mention very easy on the eyes! ;-) She treats me so well and is just a joy to have in my life. We had a wonderful time together the last 5 days showing her around my old stomping grounds up in the Great Lake State.

As for the job front, no news on that front. Still waiting for an interview call for the one that I was referred to the selecting official. Patience is the key there. If it is meant to be it will happen. At least I have a solid job that I am in now so all is good!

BA

B
OP Offline
B
Well this was an expensive weekend and it looks like it's going to roll over into the week as well. My daughter's first semester bill for college was due which came in just shy of $12,000. Thank goodness she decided to attend a state school and not a private one - I can only imagine how that would have turned out. Then I had to take my car in for a some maintenance and a slow leaking tire. They couldn't repair the tire so I had to get a new one put on. Final bill including the maintenance was $355. Tomorrow I have to take my RV in to get several things fixed with it and I am expecting the cost to be in the $800 to $1000 range. Then last night I was in the laundry room and felt a drop of water hit my head. Looked up and yep - I have a leak coming from the upstairs bathroom. So I've got the handyman I use on a regular basis coming out this morning to look at that. Hopefully it's a simple and easy fix, although I already know that I'm going to need some drywall replaced - that's probably the least expensive part of the repair though.

BA

S
S
Wow BA - that's a lot of $ to fork out! Hope the leak doesn't turn out to be anything major. 12 G for college semester is huge! Hope the expenses stop here!

Barb

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard