Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
M
M
We have a cheap theater ($1.50) that shows movies several weeks after they were out. We went and saw Blended. It was very funny and we had a great time on the cheap. Gotta love that!

I'm so darned excited for you kat! I just know great things are coming for you!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
One of the jobs I hoped to get fell through but she did tell me if there is an opening, I am at the top of her list. So it never hurts to call. The position was showing open on their website and I just asked for more info.

Well it doesn't hurt to try. The more and more I think about , I have to figure this out. If what I want isn't in a job posting then it is in my heart and soul. I have to make it happen.

I have to put aside being afraid.

Bets and Barb, how did you work that?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
There is a commencement speech out there that Jim Carrey gave. It will give you something to think about and a few laughs too. It came at such a good time.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
It seems that struggles never stop whether we are in a relationship or not, whether we have kids or not, just because we are human beings.

I have had mornings where I get slowed down and start to get agitated and then I see a cardinal. I wouldn't have seen it had I had not gotten slowed down. So I think today should be a reminder: slow down. Appreciate the moment.

As for struggles. They may seem huge now but again slow down, take some deep breaths. Think of solutions.

Many of us are thinking about how much control we have in our older children's lives. Maybe it is because I have 4 at home but I think there comes a time to hand them the broom and dustpan and let them clean up their mess. You all know how upset I was last summer around this time. Looking back, I wanted to control both S18, his girlfriend and the situation. I did want to fix everything for me.

We see our kids as an extension of ourselves. They act out, misbehave and all of a sudden I must be an awful parent. I think though, it is the parent that just lets it go that is not actively parenting. We want the best for them and get upset when they don't show the same intensity.

They just don't see the same things as important that we do. You know your child. Hand the reigns over when they are personally ready. No two kids are the same, so it isn't the age that makes the determination. It is so hard letting them go, wondering if you have done enough, but the secret is, just you being there to lend a hand if they need it, is what they want. Time to let them drive and you to be the passenger.

Blessings, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Had an intro call with a life coach( Thanks Betsey!). Of course money is an issue now. I have found 3 possible telecommuting jobs but I don't know what they pay. I really am not wanting to do two jobs if I can do 1 and then work on getting my own coaching business up and going.

I also found another site which might help me figure things out. It is sponsored by AARP. That is kind of funny to me since I will be turning 50 in just a bit over a week. Oh well, at least I am moving in the right direction. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Guess what? I found the book. I only looked there 10 times! Oh well, I know it is only 3 more days but here goes.

Day 26. Today's affirmation: I am at home, no matter where I am.

Today: wherever you are, affirm that you are at home. So if you are in your car,say to yourself, I am at home in my car.

Task: bring nature into your home. The earliest survival of humans depended on their ability to live unbalance with the natural world. In modern homes, we are often seperated from nature and the soul suffers. So bring in a photo of nature, place a cd of nature sounds, bring a plant in.

Blessings, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
Wet Offline
W
Hi Kat,

I am glad you found your Daily Affirmations. Another good one today.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Oh I should pay more attention to them! That or everyone is allowed a bad day.

Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday. We have always made a huge deal out of our birthdays since they are only 5 days apart. My mom and brother, not so much. Anyway, his surprise lunch on Saturday went well. Tomorrow is driving to Kansas City and movie and lunch.

My mom had me order my dads present so he wouldn't see the order. I was getting worried because it is two parts coming from different sellers. The first part I had. The second part I was worried about. I asked my kids about it since the site was telling me it was delivered. No, they didn't remember it coming. I looked everywhere and no it isn't here. I had a good deal on it, in the stores it is $40 more. So knowing there is no way I can get it from the original seller by tomorrow, I bought the bullet and paid the extra money. I am working with the original seller.

Then on top of that, the 86 year old stalker of mine died a few weeks ago. Now his son came in today with out an appointment and gave me huge amount of crazy work. It made for a hairy chaotic day. Maybe this is his last jab at me.

Together just made for a bad day. Now s21 is being a moody cuss but I will just let that blow over until he is actually ready to talk.

So hopefully this will be it and tomorrow will be fine.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Sorry, I meant I asked the kids about the delivery.

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Day 27: Creating a fabulous future

Affirmation: my future is filled with love, joy and peace.

Today: Act today in accordance with whom you desire to be tomorrow. Tomorrows future is being created today and today is yesterday's future.

Task: creating your future. Close your eyes and spend 15 minutes visualizing an inspiring future. Imagine yourself in the future doing something that will nourish your soul. Affirm to yourself that this, or something better for your higher good will come to fruition.

Blessings, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard